What's a cobra with blown motor worth?

cobrabnick3

Live A Little
Established Member
Silver, coupe, no stereo, needs a couple new interior pieces, actually has around 14k miles I looked at It wrong. Ported blower, catback

cobrabnick3

Live A Little
Established Member
No was looking at buying it. Lowest he can go is 13,800 but seems a little high. He says just get a new short block but who knows the extent of the damage.

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
i would always assume at minimum a long block. Unless he has the motor appart you never know the condition of the heads. i still think that is a little high

1fastsvt4me

Established Member
I would say around ten thousand because of all of the unknowns you could be out a lot of money to rebuild it

stang910

Established Member
I bought one just like that with 42k miles for $8000. I'd probably go $9500, maybe $10k because of the low miles, but the car would have to be pretty close to perfect.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Salvage title or something? a 15k mile Cobra should not need "new interior pieces" and should be in better than "pretty good shape". and with 15k and a blown engine he has beat the snot out of it AND not taken very good care of inbetween beat downs. I wouldn't give him more than 5k without some VERY serious investigation into just what it has been through, vin check with multiple sources including the popo to be sure it wasn't a stolen vehicle

maverick0817

Established Member
I don't see how anyone could be out a lot of money to rebuild it. A reman motor from ford is $4k. If you bought it for $10k, $4k on a reman, in it for $14k for a long block with 0 miles on it.

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
Salvage title or something? a 15k mile Cobra should not need "new interior pieces" and should be in better than "pretty good shape". and with 15k and a blown engine he has beat the snot out of it AND not taken very good care of inbetween beat downs. I wouldn't give him more than 5k without some VERY serious investigation into just what it has been through, vin check with multiple sources including the popo to be sure it wasn't a stolen vehicle

5k for a low mileage cobra that needs at most a longblock.

Edited by #694.

BladeX10

Established Member
I find it hilarious when it comes to pricing Terminators. They are either worthless or extremely overpriced.

Considering it has 15K miles, I'd say around $13k would be ideal. That is if the rest of the car is in great shape.

cobrabnick3

Live A Little
Established Member
Hey guys sorry the interior piece aren't "needed" per say. The previous owner pained them to match the car and also has some stupid emblems on it and The trunk carpet is missing. the lowest he will go is 13,800. I feel like if all was needed is a short block it may be a good deal, but still like you guys said there are unknowns. thank you all for the input, I'm still up in the air about it.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
5k for a low mileage cobra that needs at most a longblock.

kind of ironic since you

a) apparently haven't read the rules even though you have been here since 2007
b) You don't know the difference between you're and your
c) have reading comprehension issues

and yet you call me "dumb".

so .. let me clarify. I will type slow so you can keep up.

A: The car has been beat to shit. blown motor with only 14k miles? yeah beat to shit. unless one is naïve enough to think that this happened in one pass.
B: It needs "a couple of new interior pieces" while this in not further defined a 14k mile cobra does not need "new interior pieces" unless it has not been taken care of
c: No stereo but no mention of other weight savings stuff being missing? I would be checking the shit out of the VIN to be sure it wasn't a salvage title or stolen vehicle
D: Note that I said "I would not give him more than 5k without some VERY serious investigation" Now if that makes me "dumb" in your book that is fine. because even after your less than intelligent answer I am still a damn sight smarter than you apparently.

and to top it all off I wasn't the only one that put a 5k price on it either.

Users who are viewing this thread