What's a cobra with blown motor worth?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't see how anyone could be out a lot of money to rebuild it. A reman motor from ford is $4k. If you bought it for $10k, $4k on a reman, in it for $14k for a long block with 0 miles on it.

I thought there was a thread saying Ford remans were now nonexistent?

MandoV25

Established Member
I have a similar situation. I have an 03 cobra conv. I blew the head gasket after it sat for about 8 months while I was deployed then came home and drove it like I never left. I had fun in it but def didn't beat it to shit. Total mileage is 108k. I held on to it because I absolutely love this car but yesterday we opened it up to get it running after 3 hrs of being garaged but found that rust set in. Everything from the interior to the exhaust are in good condition. It fired up after replacing the battery and spark plugs and ran fine for a while before we opened it up. A new engine from Ford is going for $7200 and I'm not sure I'm willing to spend that much so I'm trying to find out what a fair price is to sell it. Sorry for being long and didn't mean to hijack this post, I just figured since it was the same exact topic I'd like to see what everyone says.

Users who are viewing this thread