What would you trade your Cobra for?

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
fixed :rockon:

Definitely, but I was trying to be somewhat realistic. I would love a C6 Z06, but there is no way I'm gonna have 70g's to drop on a car anytime soon. I would be supremely happy with a h/c C5 Z06. I will buy one at some point....

....and then at some point after that, I'll buy a C6 Z06.

UCBeau

BreBar21 said:
Definitely, but I was trying to be somewhat realistic. I would love a C6 Z06, but there is no way I'm gonna have 70g's to drop on a car anytime soon. I would be supremely happy with a h/c C5 Z06. I will buy one at some point....

....and then at some point after that, I'll buy a C6 Z06.
i hear ya..if i got a c6 Z, i'd pretty much live on ramen for a few years..that and canned soup..and i'm not willing to do that so my plans are currently on hold. :(

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
I'm also looking into getting out of my Cobra for a BMW 335i. I've always wanted one and now i'm just getting tired of breaking parts on the Cobra.:rolleyes:

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
TVR-Sagaris

TVR%20Sagaris%20-%201024x768.jpg

0-60 in 3.7
0-100 in 8.1
406hp @ 7,000rpm
349 ft.lbs @ 5000rpm

It does well on the open tracks I assume.

fordracing19

Established Member
LTHL VNM said:
i have thought about this a few times when people ask me this question. quite honestly, i can't think of any car under $100k that i'd like to have more than my 04 cobra.
I am glad a lot of you have good cobras. Mine has a bad vibration that they can not seem to fix and it makes me unhappy with the car and wanting something else.

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
The only car I would trade my Cobra on would be for a certain copper color
Z06 Vette I saw this past September at a car show. I am no Vette lover by any stratch of the imagination but when I saw this particular car I haved to admit a strong thought of trading in my 03 crossed my mind for more than just a day.

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
Get an Evo, 4 doors and a pretty big back seat. Also, it has some very good mod potential and haldles well too. But the suspension is stiff (uless you get the MR version), so you may not like it on those crappy roads. But the MR is supposed to be apretty smooth ride.

madmatt

Stockishly Slow
Established Member
Charger SRT8, or a Z06 for me. Well, IF I had a Cobra to trade lol :D

Think Fast

Established Member
Badasp5.0 said:
I would trade mine for a Term or a GT500...or maybe a S60R I really have a thing for them!

I have an S60R, and while it is a really nice car, it only makes the advertised 300hp in cool weather (below 65 degrees). Other than that, it's a dog unmodified. It feels like a 250hp car. You can do a bunch of stuff to them to get good horsepower out the 5-cylinder engine (~360hp), but Volvo North America does not tolerate mods when it comes to warranty claims. Ford barely blinks when I bring in my modded '04 Mach 1. The automatic adjustable suspension is cool though. The Advance setting is race car stiff and great on the track. I'd definitely recommend it for a reasonably fast, comfortable daily driver, not a C5 beating stoplight charger.

I drove a 335i sedan, it was nice. Obviously not Terminator fast, but it will give a unmodified '05 GT/Mach 1/non-S/C Cobra more than a run for its money. And chipped, with twin turbos actually adding some serious boost, it'll run with an unmodified Term.

Others 4-seat notables not mentioned without knowing how much you want to spend:

Audi RS4 (414hp, $80K)...very cool car
BMW 550i (362hp, $65K)...luxurious and fast
Cadillac CTS-v (400hp, $48K)...really fun to drive, but eats differentials
Chrysler 300C SRT8 (425hp, $45K)...I love this car, big, aggressive, and fast
Lexus IS 350 (306hp, $42K)...Toyota quality, Lexus experience
Dodge Charger & Magnum SRT8 (425hp, $40K)...See 300C
Ford Mustang Shelby GT (325hp, $35K)...Stay in the Mustang family
'07 Infiniti G35 sedan (306hp, $35K)...Manual trans available.

There are more, but these should be food for thought.

Users who are viewing this thread