What would you trade or sell your current car for?

LS WUT

Established Member
@Bdubbs thats an extremely tough one for sure. I’d say many times we buy cars we enjoy to look at more than we want to drive. The thought of something happening to low mileage cars, and dings, dents, rock chips etc. That has prevented me from driving my Low Mileage Coupe. I bought a second one because I love them. So I had one I could admire and one I could drive, and have fun with. If I gets rock chips I’ll shrug it off and use black touch up paint.

That being said I’d ask yourself if you traded your GT350 would you drive the other replacement more, or would it sit and be a nice thing to look at as well. I guess it’s all preference at this point. You’ve got an amazing stable, it’s a tough choice. Sounds to me like you just want to change it up, and also the GT350 reminds you both of the loss of your dog. Memories like that burn into your head whether you want them to or not.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I barely drive my ‘14 GT500 anymore. I’m not selling until Ford stops making V8 mustangs then I want to see what happens.

If I were to use that money towards another car right now I’d buy a convertible C8 Vette in automatic. I’m not interested in rowing gears no more.

_Snake_

Established Member
How do you like the Audi? I have a supercharged Boss I don't drive that often and could get rid of it if I can ever bring myself to do it. Have thought about a nice German sedan. My wife and I will be taking a lot of road trips to Kansas when my daughter starts college this fall.
I loved it. Easily one of my favorite vehicles and I would have held onto it for a long time had we not decided to buy a boat. It was a 2018 with the 4.0TT V8 and checked all the boxes.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I barely drive my ‘14 GT500 anymore. I’m not selling until Ford stops making V8 mustangs then I want to see what happens.

If I were to use that money towards another car right now I’d buy a convertible C8 Vette in automatic. I’m not interested in rowing gears no more.

I want a C8.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Cars are like women, there are so many different ones that I’d like to try, but the one you wind up keeping is the one you want to trade in for something else.
bingo-cousin-eddie.gif

Dusten

Established Member
I have one coming in...gets built Monday.

Invoice pricing for all SVTPs.

View attachment 1830072

My local dealer has 2. Both ~104k with adm. Both been there for months....

Ive been debating getting rid of my rhd diesel land cruiser for a bronco.

And eventually I'm going to a acquire a 39/40 ford. But I'm not sure anything gets replaced.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member

Didn’t all C8s go auto?

There are lots of things I’d like in addition to my GT500, but the only vehicle I could see myself selling it for would be a situation where I could use that money on an 05/06 Ford GT.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Didn’t all C8s go auto?

There are lots of things I’d like in addition to my GT500, but the only vehicle I could see myself selling it for would be a situation where I could use that money on an 05/06 Ford GT.
Didn’t all C8s go auto?

I don’t know for sure. I don’t even lust after cars these days.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Wouldn’t sell or trade my bucket. It’s been awesome. Not many out there to replace it. Partial pic of my Marti Report, not to be taken out of context.

1708951793164.jpeg

Only vehicle I’d like is a ‘61-‘66 Ford shortbox pickup, w/manual, small V8, with disc brakes, modern suspension/steering.
No fake patina or a/c.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
There's not really anything modern that gets me very excited. Sure there are plenty of good performers, but not many that give me a roddy. Maybe I'm just getting older and have other things soaking up my passion. I can think of a cars I would consider adding, but not sure I'd give mine up for them. I've never been one to drool over exotics (not that I dislike them, just can't afford one/don't want to find a way to afford one) and, at least for now, I still thoroughly enjoy 3 pedals.

Potential attainable additions:
GT350
CTS-V sedan (the coupes look goofy to me, like a giant door stopper)
Viper GTS (97-2000 era)
C5Z (H/C/I and maybe a blower as I intend to keep my C6Z all motor)
Maybe a Terminator convertible just cuz

There are some less flashy buggies that make me smile too. OG SHOs have special place in my heart, S60R/V70R, Marauders, C4 manual...

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Thread title is a great question. Ive thought about this much but have not yet come to a conclusion despite me wanting to build something else.

The ability to go from 700 hp to 4 digit power at the push of a button is pretty damn silly and hard to duplicate.

Although ive thought about buying a Boss 302 and throwing a giant single on it and magnum xl swapping it.

Ive also thought about buying a new M2 and building that.

IDK.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Thread title is a great question. Ive thought about this much but have not yet come to a conclusion despite me wanting to build something else.

The ability to go from 700 hp to 4 digit power at the push of a button is pretty damn silly and hard to duplicate.

Although ive thought about buying a Boss 302 and throwing a giant single on it and magnum xl swapping it.

Ive also thought about buying a new M2 and building that.

IDK.
I like the M2 competition. Thought sell my daily and my Mustang for one nice daily.

Users who are viewing this thread