What winter mods do you have planned?

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
20231216_133445_compress79.jpg

20231216_133536_compress95.jpg

Finished the Hone for the M10, waiting on rings and deciding on a Schrick 304 or 314 Cam. Hope the shortblock is back together by Christmas. Maybe....

Then the Hauler needs a Brake overhaul!

Reaper14

Established Member
Adding a refrigerator seal to the fresh air duct on the Lincoln. QA1 ds, steeda diff bushings, Hurst shifter, diode dynamics reverse/rear light, gt350 half shafts, & oil change for the s550 & basic maintenance on the wife's Cherokee all next week.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I emailed Livernoise and 5 Star about tunes available for the 2023 Escape ST. 5 Star is waiting for new software to be released and Livernois thinks they can make it work with existing software, but I haven't received an update since sending their rep my vin number. The car is exactly what I wanted for a dd but it could use a programmer to fine-tune shift points and optimize power. It would be perfect with a 50hp bump to bring it to 300hp. It also would have been cool if they had just put the RS' 350hp 2.3L in it lol.

If they confirm they can do a tune then I'll certainly jump on the opportunity.

RickyBobby51

Established Member
This San Diego Winter, I have two projects. One is to go front to back of a 1962 Thunderbird and make everything mechanically sound. I am doing everything from tearing down the electric windows, installing front disc brakes, installing a Holley 650 double pumper, installing larger front sway bar and a rear sway bar.

I am taking a chance and installing NASCAR wheels and wider tires.

I am also upgrading my transmission in my road racing stock car, and doing winter maintenance to be ready for the race season.

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
On my 66 f100 it's a full build. Needs to be done by May

So far I've moved the fuel tank to the rear
Notched the frame
New leaves
Spring under swap
8.8 out of an explorer with all new brakes. Carbon clutches in the trac lok.

Currently cutting out the floors to clean up the rust. Then in to dynamat and reinstalling the interior
Engine is on the stand. 351w with afr heads and Ed Curtis cam. Holley sniper 2 going on it.

Trans is here but I still need a converter and vb for it. 4r70w.

Front suspension is next to the shop. It'll go in once I'm done in the cab.
2008 crown Vic. New brakes, springs and shocks. Brackets from OutKast.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Does Florida winter count? Asking for a friend.

For us it's finally time to enjoy our vehicles lol.

As for Mods, got the Fox Factory Race Series Shocks on. Still need to decide on a bumpstop but got other non car items I'm figuring out.
Also itching for a tune, but still have warranty and I need the dealership to figure out something before voiding it lol
IMG_0376.jpg
IMG_0377.jpg

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
I am going to work on getting my truck cleaned up to sell (after hunting season). May end up ordering a new one if i can't find what I want.
While that sounds like a weekend project, I get pretty detailed in getting it right. Includes finding all the stock and spare pieces so I can get rid of EVERYTHING that goes with it.
Then getting all the necessary parts for a new one.
Tired just thinking about it....

LS WUT

Established Member
Over the winter, I'd love to find a set of bigger calipers that will fit behind my Cosmis wheels. I have a set of nos 00R Brembos, but sounds like they would require spacers. I hate spacers.
I agree, spacers creep me out. Then again I drive the shit out of mine

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
My 1996 Bronco is getting some work. It's been in the shop since 12/4.

1. Full repaint
2. Reupholster headliner
3. Install Saginaw steering pump
4. Refinish OEM wheels
5. Rebuild and powder coat tire carrier

I'm anxious to get it back already.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Carbon fiber turret with remote rotatating function for my foward facing sonar set up on my boat lol

helloWorld

Established Member
I am planning on taking the LSA blower off of my CTS-V2, and going twin turbo.

This should be an interesting project considering the most complex thing I have ever done to a car is replace the brake pads and rotors. Thankfully, I have car friends who are willing to help out.

I am torn between going Comp oil-less turbos, or going with the traditional oiled turbo. Most kits for the V2 are mid-mount, aka the turbos are underneath the car near the transmission, so going with an oiled turbo requires the addition of an oil scavenger pump into the equation.

Users who are viewing this thread