What was your last workout?

VegasMichael

Established Member
What a difference a day makes. Slept for 10 hours straight and woke up feeling like a million bucks. Drank some coffee and a few glasses of water and got busy.

4 rounds of shadowboxing, 4 rounds of heavy bag
1 round of rope skipping, 2 rounds on speed bag(got a little better today)
2 minutes on double ended bag, 1 set of burpees(crossfit type with pushup and finishing jump), 1 four minute round of shadowboxing
1 set of dumbbell squats, 1 set of jump squats, 2 sets of pushups, 1 set of dumbbell power cleans
4 sets of crunches, 3 fifteen second sprints in front of the house
Total time 70 minutes

Fact: Franco Columbu was one of the strongest bodybuilders of his era.

96dreamer

Established Member
I've experimented with low bar placement on the back and high bar placement on the back. High gets more quads involved in my opinion and low bar placement gets more of your lower back involved. If power lifting is your goal then lower bar placement is key like most of us know. I was always a rock bottom squatter with high bar placement so I wasn't about to break any records. I did get compliments about my quads, though. ;)
Your comment got me thinking about how I've been doing low bar squats and conventional deadlift for 5+ years. Decided I was going to switch to sumo pulls and high bar for a while too work on some imbalances I have. Did a full set of high bar squats up to a single at 455 then dropped to 225 and did a burnout for 25. Quads haven't been this sore in years. About fell getting out off bed this morning.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Chest today.
Flat Bar- 20/20/20/18/16/16
Inc Bells- 25/(reverse pyramid to failure 22) 23/(19) 21/(18) 19/(17)
Cables - 30/30/25/20/15 (Super set with pushups to failure each set)
Dec - Concentrations 10/10/8/8/6 (Superset wide set pushups to failure)

Hard day...almost puked. I don't throw the weights like many, (and like I used to). I control the weight and focus on form as much as possible. I've seen a significant increase in the hardness of my muscle and have lost significant fat working out this way with no significant change in diet. I'm 6'2" 252 @ about 14-16% BF, which with no cardio to speak of is fine by me.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Hard day...almost puked. I don't throw the weights like many, (and like I used to). I control the weight and focus on form as much as possible. I've seen a significant increase in the hardness of my muscle and have lost significant fat working out this way with no significant change in diet. I'm 6'2" 252 @ about 14-16% BF, which with no cardio to speak of is fine by me.
Same here bro, except I do cardio when I go to the gym on the weekends. I don't always go though, although it's because I'm either washing the truck or cutting the lawn or something like that. But, yeah, I don't throw around heavy weight like I used to as well. Bering 46, I don't want injuries to sideline me from work or just an injury period. I concentrate on form and squeezing/contracting the muscle as much as I can.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Bent over db rows 25/18/18/15/12
Close Grip Pull Downs 30/25/22/18 (2x drop set to failure)
Wide grip 'pull up' machine 30/25/22/18/18 (2x dstf)
Front shoulder width press down cable 25/25/18/18/15 (2x dstf)
Weighted lower back raises 25/25/20/18/15 (superset 225 deadlift to failure with each set)

VegasMichael

Established Member
Took yesterday off and was tired this AM. Therefore, decided to just do a light workout. But lo and behold once I got started I was firing on all cylinders.
In this order:
4 rounds shadowboxing, 4 rounds heavy bag, 2 rounds speed bag, 1 round double ended bag, 1 round of rope skipping, 1 set of burpees, 1 round of shadowboxing, 3 sets of dumbbell presses, 3 sets of dumbbell curls, 2 sets of lateral raises, 2 sets sloooow boxing with 10 pound dumbbells, 5 sets of crunches, stretch. 75 minutes

Fact: Many, but not all, boxers/mma fighters have abandoned the traditional AM roadwork of several miles and instead do swimming, cycling, sprinting and various explosive/anaerobic cardio training.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Thursday: 90 minute walk
Friday: 10 minute stationary bike, 50 minute walk.
Today: 4 rounds each of shadowboxing and heavy bag, 3 rounds speed bag, 4 minute rope skip, 1 round shadowboxing, 1 round double ended bag, 1 set of burpees 60 minutes in length

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Back to bodybuilding today after a week off.
I take a full week off every 2 months to rest, recoup and grow.

Chest today and killed it.
Flat barbell press
Incline barbell press
Incline Dumbbell flys

Users who are viewing this thread