What tire and wheel are you using? (IRS/DRAG LAUNCH)

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
lowflyn, do you have to use any spacers to make sure your tire doesnt rub? im just curious if you had any fitting issues

No spacers are need. They fit no prob. And a 26x10.50 or 26x11.70 will fit with no issues either. I run my at 15psi hot and it dosnt walk on the big end.

03mustang92

1of154
Established Member
ETStreetss.jpg

i found these for $200, good buy? they r 26x11.5-16

(no rims included)

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
No Delrin and Aluminum bushings yet?:shrug:

It's kind of a crap shoot avoiding breakage with all the movement the rubber bushings allow.

Now that these things are getting older a lot of guys are seeing the pinion ones especially being in pretty bad shape.

Have fun with it but be careful too. Once it's solidly mounted guys are hitting them really hard and the IRS lives with quite a bit of power.

Just a suggestion you have probably already heard.
Mine's done and I love it.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

03mustang92

1of154
Established Member
No delrin bushings yet, but i do plan to do them with income tax money UNLESSS obama takes that privilege away

03mustang92

1of154
Established Member
i can't honestly wait for that! the hop scares me almost too much to not even touch boost in first gear while driving around town on just plain old nitto 555's. But anywho, i will hopefully be purchasing the whole ftbr kit from bruce come february or march and have my uncle help me pull it and do the bushings!

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
from time to time you see these 16x10 diamond racing "joe lynch" specials go up for sale. since they are 16s they require no grinding (unlike the 15s), and they are pretty wide.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...diamond-racing-wheels-16-w-26-et-streets.html

personally i would like to try these out with mickey thompson's 27x12.5 et street radials, which are 315/45-16. not sure if the section width would be too much for the wheelwell but i think it would prolly be ok, and there sure would be plenty of sidewall.

also with the 27" on the rear and 26" on the front, i think the abs light would not come on

sneakysnake03

SVT
Established Member
Yes 15s will hit the caliper you have to grind on them to get them to fit but I have seen it done. It also requires a 16 to fit with no modification.

Users who are viewing this thread