What the hell with medical profession?

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Last three months have had 2 medical providers try to scam me out of money. Both diagnostics outfits. First one had a blood test done. BC/BC paid most of it and left me with the co-pay. So get a bill from them wanting the difference from what BC/BS paid and total amount billed. Went around with this till sent it to state AG that got it fixed. Now today get another one, this for prostrate biop. Again BC/BS paid most leaving me with a balance of $59.99 to pay. Now bill shows what BC/BS shield paid and billing me for the rest. Something like $1300. I sent in the $59.99 along with the BC/BS statement showing what I owe so will see. May be going back the Attorney General again. Effin medical profession.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
they're probably stuck hiring a bunch of stupid mother ****ers like everyone else

Meanwhile people with experience aren’t getting calls.

Went three weeks… put in likely 75 applications. Got TWO calls. Accepted an offer today.

Was told today my resume looks “ too overqualified “ …. Uhhh my resume is oil field.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member

Went three weeks… put in likely 75 applications. Got TWO calls. Accepted an offer today.

Was told today my resume looks “ too overqualified “ …. Uhhh my resume is oil field.
You have to know how to do the Tik toc dances yo.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

That’s usually my way of saying I’m pretty sure you’ll find something that pays more and bounce before long. Obviously you never know though, $ isn’t everything to some

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

You're looking for another job again? I thought you just took one in transportation?

01yellercobra

Established Member
That’s usually my way of saying I’m pretty sure you’ll find something that pays more and bounce before long. Obviously you never know though, $ isn’t everything to some
That's what I've been told by others that do the interviewing. But I will say my last two jobs were within a $1/hr so the pay wasn't the deciding factor. The last one was because they gave me the chance to build my own cal lab. My current one was because it's federal.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Last three months have had 2 medical providers try to scam me out of money. Both diagnostics outfits. First one had a blood test done. BC/BC paid most of it and left me with the co-pay. So get a bill from them wanting the difference from what BC/BS paid and total amount billed. Went around with this till sent it to state AG that got it fixed. Now today get another one, this for prostrate biop. Again BC/BS paid most leaving me with a balance of $59.99 to pay. Now bill shows what BC/BS shield paid and billing me for the rest. Something like $1300. I sent in the $59.99 along with the BC/BS statement showing what I owe so will see. May be going back the Attorney General again. Effin medical profession.
Clay - is this provider in network with BCBS? If they are, contractually the provider cannot ”balance bill” beyond the allowed amount that was paid by BCBS. Contact BCBS immediately and explain the issue.

Blown 89

Established Member
Fraudulent billing is part of the medial industry at this point. It's easier for billing departments to pass the costs to their patients than fight insurance companies refusing to pay.

I have an acquaintance that made a fortune helping people deal with the predatory nature of that industry.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Fraudulent billing is part of the medial industry at this point. It's easier for billing departments to pass the costs to their patients than fight insurance companies refusing to pay.

I have an acquaintance that made a fortune helping people deal with the predatory nature of that industry.

Looks like they're back with a vengeance too since the chyna virus money has dried up.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
You do realize that is is financial people doing the billing not medical people. They put in codes that get billed by people in finance. They LPN you thought about sticking your peepee in is not sending you bills.

Lol, the bills most likely aren’t even being sent from where you had a finger in your bum at.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Just finished watching "Take Care of Maya"..holy hell the hospital can be a cruel place.

Listen to the “Dr Death Podcast” if you want to see the medical professional issues. From fear of legal repercussions to legal teams not allowing shit to be done to the business guys wanting to protect their investment at the cost of lives. It is scary and sad.

A coat hanger can bring out the kid in you.

IA Shelby

Established Member

This is why insurance companies utilize payment integrity software that scans for this activity.

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Clay - is this provider in network with BCBS? If they are, contractually the provider cannot ”balance bill” beyond the allowed amount that was paid by BCBS. Contact BCBS immediately and explain the issue.
They must be in the network as BC/BS paid their part of the bill and my statement from them said I only owe $59.99. Sent in the amount I owe with a note and copy of BC/BS statment and see what happens. If like the last time after a couple of bills and back and forth with them it will be off to the BC/BS fraud department and State Attorney General. Last time AG got involved bill was miraculously fixed.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
You do realize that is is financial people doing the billing not medical people. They put in codes that get billed by people in finance. They LPN you thought about sticking your peepee in is not sending you bills.

Lol, the bills most likely aren’t even being sent from where you had a finger in your bum at.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
This. Lol at the thought your doctor is actually sending you out another bill. The doctor is so far removed from this process it’s not even funny

And yeah, there are not as many people that want to go into this field. Because it’s hard ****ing work and takes a ton of dedication to complete the training. No one wants to work anymore

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
And yeah, there are not as many people that want to go into this field. Because it’s hard ****ing work and takes a ton of dedication to complete the training. No one wants to work anymore

My wife is an FNP. The amount of work she still ends up having to finish at home (messages and dictation) is staggering sometimes. Even after 12+ hours at the practice.

The days she comes home before 7 PM are because she brought most of the dictation home, where she'll be doing some dictation probably till close to 10+ PM.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
My wife is an FNP. The amount of work she still ends up having to finish at home (messages and dictation) is staggering sometimes. Even after 12+ hours at the practice.

The days she comes home before 7 PM are because she brought most of the dictation home, where she'll be doing some dictation probably till close to 10+ PM.
Exactly what is wrong with the profession. Medical providers become input monkeys to satisfy the system and insurance is a racket denying standard treatment plans because of how they designed the system.
Whole system needs to be replaced.
I still like what I do and plan to do it for another 20yrs but insurance and the regulations may frustrate me enough to shorten that window.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread