What should you do next to YOUR CAR, I will answer that.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
I'm getting close to saying f it and going Eaton. Why is it so hard to find streetable, matched components for these cars and make 400 rwhp? It seems to be either too much cam for the intake or to much intake for the street. You'd think it be easy givin that you can easily spin to 7 k. I remember when that was alot....

Rotzs99

Established Member
Im confused and need help!!!!

Current Mods
JLT CAI
MGW
Subframes
Caster/camber plates
Eibach pro kit
bassani catted x
bassani catback
bilstein rear shocks
fiore quad & adjuster

I ran a 13.5@105 last summer with street radials this year i will be adding DRs and i want 12s

What I was thinking was
Kooks LTs + o/r X
Nazty Intake
03 IRS

HELP ME.

Jamie R.

Established Member
With your first list I hit the 12's on the stock 3.27's on grag radials. I also hit numberous 13.08's on the 245/45/17's. I would say get a 4.30 gear or 4.56 and drag radials and you'll get there!! Mine car is not a vert so yours is heavier but the gear and dr's should get you there easily if you can pop some gears.

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover of MM&FF's August '07 Issue

Rotzs99

Established Member
P.S. i dont want to do gears b/c of the weak IRS and i like cruising on the highway in my vert. 3.73s would be max for me. If i had a coupe id have 4.30s for sure.

K2AHollywood

Established Member
Ok current mods are in sig what next? Plans for LTs and Mid and a Nazty intake, but in which order? and will be FI way down to road when money starts flowin in [i hope, thinking a KB]

it is my DD

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
MM coilovers up front (thinking 300lbs rate)
Bilsteins struts (R spec out back)
4bolt MM cc plates
Subframe conectors (mm)

not going for all out. Just something nice. My friend did a whole MM package on his Mach 1 and its over kill for a street d/d. My other buddies car with the setup im doing is more than fine/fun without maxing out credit cards (or even using them in my case, ha)

As for motor, I know i want a blower. Just not sure wich one. Not really looking to open up the motor unless it goes south. If only the KB's were cheaper, and if only an eaton swap wasnt a PITA. Id love a roots/twin screw type blower :(

Last edited:

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Im confused and need help!!!!

Current Mods
JLT CAI
MGW
Subframes
Caster/camber plates
Eibach pro kit
bassani catted x
bassani catback
bilstein rear shocks
fiore quad & adjuster

I ran a 13.5@105 last summer with street radials this year i will be adding DRs and i want 12s

What I was thinking was
Kooks LTs + o/r X
Nazty Intake
03 IRS

HELP ME.

everything sound pretty good. But i would go solid.

If you want a 03 IRS i do have one for sale though!

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
P.S. i dont want to do gears b/c of the weak IRS and i like cruising on the highway in my vert. 3.73s would be max for me. If i had a coupe id have 4.30s for sure.

w/ that eaton blower you dont really need a steep gear, but if you dont plan on making anymore power I would put a 4.10 in it and get some Dr's. Would make for a nasty lil ride.

Rotzs99

Established Member
w/ that eaton blower you dont really need a steep gear, but if you dont plan on making anymore power I would put a 4.10 in it and get some Dr's. Would make for a nasty lil ride.

well i dont have an eaton blower, but i might see a vortech in the future. As for the IRS. If you were local, possibly, but since youre in NC that would be a big hassle to ship.

DanTheMan18

Established Member
Mods are in signature.

I plan on lowering it as soon as I get back stateside, most likely H&R Supersports and some 4 bolt c/c plates.

At this point in the game I'm not looking for anything over the top or crazy, just some bolt ons that I could notice the gain from. At this point I'm undecided on whether or not I'm going with forced induction, or staying natural.

Once I get it to the track and see what kind of numbers she puts down, plans may change. Still debating on whether to stick with the 3.73's I bought it with or go for 4.30's or better.

Last edited:

Red3

Established Member
TWINS!!!!!

Haha, u have a eaton swapped car, what type of h/e are you running?

i would like to get twins. my tuner really wants to build my engine and put 1 or 2 turbos on it. id like to but i just spent all that money on my eaton and have barely been able to drive it since it was done. ive had my car since mid nov and havent really driven it at all this year. i have the stock h/e. been thinkin about a dual pass one and the bigger coolant tanks, the even flow head cooling mod. how much would these help?

2001asp

Established Member
REALLY OLD Thread but,,,,,, sorry.........But what would you do in my situation......I also have 4.10s w/ rebuilt diff. w/ extra clutch in the traclock installed..............next mod???

Last edited:

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member
99 Cobra current mods :

JLT CAI
Spec stage 2 clutch w/firewall adjuster
Mac O/R prochamber w/ borla stinger catback
Pro 5.0 short shifter

Mods that will be going on the car within the next month :

tokico HP's
MM CC plates
Eibach sportlines

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
99 Cobra current mods :

JLT CAI
Spec stage 2 clutch w/firewall adjuster
Mac O/R prochamber w/ borla stinger catback
Pro 5.0 short shifter

Mods that will be going on the car within the next month :

tokico HP's
MM CC plates
Eibach sportlines

You need gears. 4.30's or 4.56's if planning on staying na.

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member
You need gears. 4.30's or 4.56's if planning on staying na.

I plan on doing gears,but I like to do modifications that co-relate to each other. Like lowering (Ie shocks/struts/springs/cc plates),then other Suspension (FLSFC's,etc). I dont really like jumping around. I plan on going FI,so I think I will pick up some 3.73's,or 3.90s in the future.

Last edited:

CanuckCobra

Established Member
I'll play..

Today I ordered ;

Billetflow Subframe brace
Billetflow IRS Brace
Motive 4.30's
AC427's Bushing kit and bolts etc..

All I need now are shocks and struts and CC plates, maybe some 1" spacers.

what say ye?

Users who are viewing this thread