What should you do next to YOUR CAR, I will answer that.

dreadedboost180

Run what ya brung.
Established Member
headers

do you have a Dr so you can hook in 1st w/that 100 shot? if not get .

I would put a solid rear in it.

Ported intake is good.

Car is put up for winter anyways. North Dakota is rough, so saving for 17x10.5 fr500s with nitto 555 315s and whatever for the front. Solid won't be happening anytime soon so I'm trying to work with what I have. Wondered about headers myself, bassani midlengths ok?

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Yea, they are good.

Ever think about just gettin some prostars for the back. They will be cheaper, lighter and you could put a REAL tire on it.

er22bball0302

Established Member
What do you think my mods are in my sig. also have a novi 2k in the garage, but thinking about selling to biuld a motor, Running a 150 shot through next summer and built motor follwing winter.

Last edited:

Predatorbird

Established Member
i need opinions on stuff to get for my car. i have the basic intake/exhaust stuff shown in my sig. i'm looking to do some appearance/suspension stuff next. my car is rio red and i want to do a black theme w/ it. here is a list of stuff i'm thinking about getting and questions i have for each.

black 18x9/10 fr500's - def getting these
smoked headlights - clear corner or amber?
rear inserts - black vinyl, ss, or black ss
tires - 245/40 or 265/35 front? def getting 295/35 rear
shorty antenna - 8'' or 14''?
springs - h&r race? i don't want the car slammed, but i want it to obviously
look lowered.
shocks/struts - can i get by w/ stockers or should i upgrade? car has 30k
miles
cc plates - def getting mm plates
isos - getting mm ones, not sure if i should remove any to lower it more

thats it for this round of mods. any input would be appreciated.

DOHCammer

Established Member
your porting your heads so while they are out I would maybe think about getting some cams.

Or ditch the ported heads, intake, intake spacer, electric water pump, seat delete, the 17x10.5 wheels and Dr's and get a BLOWER.

Oh and NO MAC LONGTUBES. Get something else...BBK

Well I have to sell my eaton swap stuff to pay off my debt. I wish I had $1,100 for a set of cams but I don't. I can't afford a blower I just want to put my cobra back on the road for now. I hear mac longtubes are much better than they used to be. I don't have $1,100 for headers either.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
ok, mods in sig, FR500 cam kit waiting for me, forged h-beams and pistons waiting. Keep searching for a Sully, port and short runner the stock intake, or finish the eaton swap?

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
ok, mods in sig, FR500 cam kit waiting for me, forged h-beams and pistons waiting. Keep searching for a Sully, port and short runner the stock intake, or finish the eaton swap?

DO NOT PUT A FLAT TOP PISTON in your car. (just in case you were) do a dish (9cc would be good)

Screw the sully, just get a eaton swap, or port your intake and get a centri blower

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
Ok, where to start what should I do with all of this

BBK Cold Air Intake
04 Mustang GT Rear Axle
In Dash DVD-Player
Mufflex Custom Side Exhaust
Granatelli Upper Control Arms
Autometer Air Fuel/Narrowband
BBK Long Tube Headers
UPR Lower Control Arms
Autometer Fuel Pressure Gauge
BBK O/R X-Pipe
Solid Bushings
Autometer Boost Pressure Gauge
BBK Throttle Body
Eibach Pro Kit Springs
PLX Wideband Air Fuel Computer
Moser 28 Spline Axles
Kenne Bell Boost A Pump
Kenne Bell Boost A Spark
Autometer Tachometer
Strut Tower Brace
MMR 950 Stroker Shortblock - Pending
Caster Camber Plates
Ported Intake
Tubular Front Sway Bar
04 Cobra Cylinder Heads - Pending
G Trac Brace
Comp Cams
Tokico Illumina 5 WaysAdjustable Shocks
Bilstein Struts
Spec Clutch Stage 3
Procharger D1SC w/ 6LB Pulley
Oil Pressure Gauge - Pending
B&M Short Throw Shifter
Snow Performance Water/Meth Kit
Nitrous Gauge
Fiore Firewall Adjuster
20 PSI Pulley
Mustang Bullit Buttons
Steeda Clutch Cable
8 Rib Pulley Kit
Corbeau CR1 Racing Seat
Fiore Clutch Quadrant
Nitrous Xpress Wet Kit - Pending
Shift Knob
Spec Steel Flywheel
Nitrous Xpress Accessory Kit - Pending
Mustang Cobra Floor Mats
Billet Aluminum Pressure Plate
4.10 Rear Gears
T56 Crossmember
T56 Bellhousing
42LB Injectors
IRS Bolts
T56 Pinion Flange
04 Cobra Fuel Pumps
Black Acorn Lugnuts
04 Cobra Driveshaft
04 Cobra Fuel Tank
Black Deep Dish FR500 Wheels
T56 Transmission
60LB Injectors
2000 Corba R Center Caps
MGW Short Throw Shifter - Pending
Ford GT Dual Pumps
Promotion Built T56
Autometer Triple Pillar Gauge

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
He mentioned a eaton swap, so I assumed he was going with a blower.

The pistons aren't bought yet, because of my indecision, they'll be one of the last pieces bought. My Sully deal fell through, but the perchase still pushes me to an NA build. But, I've got 50-70% of the Eaton swap parts already. I would rather have NA, with possible 100 shot, or an Eaton. I'm not really considering a centri. I really want the power right now, I don't want to wait for the boost to build.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
its not really a "wait"

I just would not do nitrous, its just a hassle. Boost is so much better and its there all the time. You dont have to turn it on, heat up the bottle, make sure your pills are right. Spray correctly etc...

If your building your motor though, im sure you will upgrade from a eaton soon though.

Once again, i still would not do a flat top, you can still spray it with a domed piston, and then later down the road when you throw some boost at it when you realize thats what you should have done you wont be stuck with a high compression motor that can only take 10psi without wanting to no do right.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
The spray is a maybe, and it would be small, 100 shot tops. I just really like the idea of being NA. It's different, I can go plenty fast with it. Blown is so easy to get power greedy and break stuff. I'd like to stick to the Eaton because of that. Even ported, I won't get much more out of it, and the upgrade would involve dropping another 2-3 grand. The NA build would involve flat tops. The power would suck with dished. Everything I've seen says that cams need compression to really come alive.

NXSVTCOBRA

its not really a "wait"

I just would not do nitrous, its just a hassle. Boost is so much better and its there all the time. You dont have to turn it on, heat up the bottle, make sure your pills are right. Spray correctly etc...

If your building your motor though, im sure you will upgrade from a eaton soon though.

Once again, i still would not do a flat top, you can still spray it with a domed piston, and then later down the road when you throw some boost at it when you realize thats what you should have done you wont be stuck with a high compression motor that can only take 10psi without wanting to no do right.

do you have any clue what you're talking about? :??:

Users who are viewing this thread