what oil pump are you turbo cobras going with?

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Mach1Marauder said:
Too difficult to face the truth?:shrug:

There is no truth or facts here other than 2 engines broke and the oil pumps went with them! 2 pump failures out of over 8000+ SOLD, both at the same shop, both not returned for inspection-those are the facts and the truth that must be faced. We are not here to argue with anyone, they may have been installed perfectly, they may not have been, if they were not returned for warranty no one will ever know! In the meantime thousands of people across the country rely on the MMR pump along with the MMR raceteam making over 2000 HP.

Enough said.

MMR
clip.jpg
Night%20vegas%20launch.jpg

Mach1Marauder

Banned
Modular Racing said:
There is no truth or facts here other than 2 engines broke and the oil pumps went with them! 2 pump failures out of over 8000+ SOLD, both at the same shop, both not returned for inspection-those are the facts and the truth that must be faced. We are not here to argue with anyone, they may have been installed perfectly, they may not have been, if they were not returned for warranty no one will ever know! In the meantime thousands of people across the country rely on the MMR pump along with the MMR raceteam making over 2000 HP.

Enough said.

MMR

WHO IS THIS?
YOU GUYS DIDN'T WANT TO HEAR ANOTHER WORD ABOUT THIS ONE THE PHONE!
JEEEEZ! MAN UP AND TELL THE TRUTH!

03btchnsnake

In Control
Established Member
Now this has been seen several times here and at a few other shops to my knowledge. Its great that you get the perception from MMR that they stand behind their products. But there is no implied warranty on their pump according to their website. I noticed the verbiage was added to the website after several pumps were reported as failures.("*Pump failure caused by engine failure is not covered under warranty. As with any high performance product MMR is not liable for any engine damage resulting from pump failure and offers no other remedy as such, expressed or implied
") Even though you claim its just one shop.

It was expressed by MMR that if there was metal in the pump then the warranty on the pump was void. Well If the pump gears fail.. What’s the side effect? Metal in the pump. So why waste time sending back a bad pump that won't be covered regardless.

There is a sticker on the pump that says warranty is void if removed. What warranty? Because the inherent failure produces a condition that you have said over the phone was not warrantable.

MMR PUMP
mmrpump.jpg

MMR "Warranty" Sticker
Stickeronpump.jpg

Clean Pickup Tube
pickup.jpg

The MMR Cryo'ed Gear
pumpcarnage.jpg

Its not a matter of covering engines. Its a matter of caring that their was an issue with these pump that caused the failures. Acknowledge the issue, learn from it and fix it. Make sure it doesn't continue to effect the community. Don't just say installer error, or motor failure, or stuff in the pickup screen. Yea all 3 have been heard for the same issue..

mk

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
I will most likely be running a Peterson external drive wet sump pump!

Not quite for the masses though, as it's not a bolt on affair!

Ken

Last edited:

-lockdown-

Established Member
Mach1Marauder said:
WTF do you know of the shop?
:loser: '1' They have realy bad customer service '2' No one knows crap in that shop but the owner '3' there kits are way over $$ If i was to go TT I would be calling THP but my # 1 choice would be 'Hellion'....

-lockdown-

Established Member
Bro that lag thing is over rated my car is allmost done & yes is still a street car. Hellion has great customer service & they allways answer there phones not like some other people.

Last edited:

-lockdown-

Established Member
'Dam' on the pics. I had bought the mmr pump but swap it out for the meling oil pump before my motor went in....

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

Blown02 said:
why is your #1 choice hellion? i guess your car wont be a street car due to lag time, right?

when do you have to worry about that? if you know how to drive a turbo car there is no lag.

Blown02

Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
when do you have to worry about that? if you know how to drive a turbo car there is no lag.
are you talking about brake boosting?? Sure lag doesnt matter at all at the track...But on the street, I think it matters..
Hellion does have great customer service and a quality kit.. I waited 5+ months for my hp kit, it wouldve been nice if it shipped in a couple days like hellion is doing.

-lockdown-

Established Member
Hellion got the fastest cars out..........I went with the y2kt88 'worth every penny'. the only thing that could hold me back from an 8sec time slip its the rollcage but thats being worked on;-)

Last edited:

-lockdown-

Established Member
Blown02, I think your confused :read: . Boost lag comes into play 'if you got a manual' from a stop at the track or street from a roll it should be okkkkkkkk'kkkk...

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

Blown02 said:
are you talking about brake boosting?? Sure lag doesnt matter at all at the track...But on the street, I think it matters..
Hellion does have great customer service and a quality kit.. I waited 5+ months for my hp kit, it wouldve been nice if it shipped in a couple days like hellion is doing.

yes, brake boosting. no lag at all. track, no lag, so really in any turbo car if driven properly you shouldn't worry about lag. it also depends on the racing you setup. you do need time to brake boost, so who is doing the honking..etc.

either way, really no issue with lag for any of these kits. and if you have an auto, even better.

Blown02

Established Member
Blown02, I think your confused :read: . Boost lag comes into play 'if you got a manual' from a stop at the track or street from a roll it should be okkkkkkkk'kkkk...
well if you have a manual like i do, boost lag is comes into play in the 1st gear at the track, but after that it doesnt matter. im not confused..
Does hellion have the fastest cars? id like to see some proof.

Mach1Marauder

Banned
:loser: '1' They have realy bad customer service '2' No one knows crap in that shop but the owner '3' there kits are way over $$ If i was to go TT I would be calling THP but my # 1 choice would be 'Hellion'....
Dude
You're so stupid, little kittens for a 10 mile radius just up and died when I read your stupid uninformed post out loud to a friend.:lol: :lol: :loser:
I asked YOU what do YOU know of the shop. Do you have any first hand experience with the shop?

-lockdown-

Established Member
Mach1Marauder said:
Dude
You're so stupid, little kittens for a 10 mile radius just up and died when I read your stupid uninformed post out loud to a friend.:lol: :lol: :loser:
I asked YOU what do YOU know of the shop. Do you have any first hand experience with the shop?
If thats you in the avator pic :kaboom:'' your an old,ugly fat ass 'MOFO':lol: go change your diaper :loser:.Dont be sending me pm's like you know what your talking about :loser: so keep your stupid comments to your self. I have dealt with them they are a bunch of dorks that like to over $$ and dont even have clue of what they are talking about thats all iam saying to you fat ass......

Last edited:

Mach1Marauder

Banned
If thats you in the avator pic :kaboom:'' your an old,ugly fat ass 'MOFO':lol: go change your diaper :loser:.Dont be sending me pm's like you know what your talking about :loser: so keep your stupid comments to your self & yes i have dealt with them and they are a bunch of dorks that like to over $$ and they dont have clue of what there talking about thats all iam saying to you fat ass......
LITTLE PUNK AZZ BIOTCH!
I haven sent you any PMs. Why don't you get off your mommy's computer and study your English, since you flunked it this year in Jr. High.
Me fatass? Biotch, I'm 6ft2in @ 214............hardly fat!

You've dealt with the shop, huh? You're in Cali, huh? STFU FOOL!:loser:

Users who are viewing this thread