• R&B (Ashanti, Mariah Carey etc.)

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Techno (Dance, Club, House..)

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Rock (U2, Nickelback......etc.)

Votes: 14 8.3%
  • Country

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Punk Rock (Avril L, Sum 41, Blink 182 etc.)

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Old School Rock (Hendrix, Zepplin.....etc.)

Votes: 14 8.3%
  • Oldies (Beatles, Frankie Vallie...etc.)

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Heavy Metal (Metalica, Motley Crue, Slipknot...etc.)

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • No one specific favorite type

Votes: 36 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FuryShift

You are slow.
Established Member
You guys wear eyeliner, all black band T's, girls jeans and a little D-ring with your keys on a belt loop, chick haircut, plugs, wrist bands, bumperstickers all over your car, weekly dancing at the local skatepark shows, and think that saying you're HXC makes you 'awesome'? :poke:

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
Ambient electronic, it varies. Some of the electronic I listen to doesn't even fit into a genre. I like all types of music, but electronic ambient and the genre-less are my fav. All that club and progressive house shit makes me want to vomit.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
I listen to the Blood Brothers, Murder City Devils (the first 2 or 3 anyway), Tiger Army...that type of music. Also the first 2 Sahara Hotnights are good (not hardcore or anything), The Immortal Lee County Killers, Dropkick Murphys, some local bands (most are not very good) like the Downers on occasion. The ****ing Champs is pretty good, White Zombie (of course), Sonic Youth, the Exploited (old stuff, I'm getting sick of Wattie still doing tours 30 years later), Sex Pistols, Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers...

I guess I could go on, but that should give you some idea. Not really into the whole pink-and-black thing. Or any of the fashion, actually. But the music is always good.

Last edited:

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Xilix, I have the soundtrack of the movie in your avatar. It has some really good bands on it.

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Christian:
classic hymns (Rock of Ages, There is a Fountain, When I Survey the Cross)
some contemporary Christian: Mercy Me, Jeremy Camp, etc.

:)

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Country. Mostly texas country like Roger Creagor, Pat Green, Kevin Fowler. I like Tim Mcgraw too (excpept the duo with that talentless "rapper" nelly") becuase his songs i can relate to. Lots of others too.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
NeedaCobra said:
What movie is that from?

SLC Punk. Its a good movie. If you check it out, the part about the beer run to Evanston is great (my favorite, at least).

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
You guys wear eyeliner, all black band T's, girls jeans and a little D-ring with your keys on a belt loop, chick haircut, plugs, wrist bands, bumperstickers all over your car, weekly dancing at the local skatepark shows, and think that saying you're HXC makes you 'awesome'?

Haha thats funny. :lol: Im not like that though. Im like the guy on SLC Punk that really preppy. And a bumpersticker will never touch my car.

ssssnake

Established Member
UjioSanada said:
listen to everything EXCEPT tejano. Cant stand that crap, makes me wanna gouge my eardrums

LOL Rich, you be living in the wrong place if you hate that kind of music. :)

Me? Rock - of any kind. Metal, classic, alternative, psychadelic, rockabilly, etc.

svtcobra0304

Cobra Fanatic
Established Member
FuryShift said:
Old hardcore, not the queer emo trash as mentioned above.
-Madball, Strife, Earth Crisis, Snapcase, In Cold Blood, etc

Soul
-Otis Redding, Sam Cook, Marvin Gaye, etc

Metal
-Soilwork, Quo Vadis, In Flames, Slayer, Megadeth, etc

I like the Metal choices

Metal: In Flames, Soilwork, Metallica, Unearth, Arch Enemy

More Hardcore: Avenged Sevenfold, Killswitch Engage

Alternative: 311

Oldies: Lynyrd Skynyrd, Led Zeppelin, The Eagles,

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
svtcobra0304 said:
I like the Metal choices

Metal: In Flames, Soilwork, Metallica, Unearth, Arch Enemy

More Hardcore: Avenged Sevenfold, Killswitch Engage

Alternative: 311

Oldies: Lynyrd Skynyrd, Led Zeppelin, The Eagles,

I like everything listed above too. I have Led Zep 1-4. The stuff I hate is this new punk, which sounds horrible. I was explaining how much better Zep sounds than this crap to my little neighbor, and they said "Who's he?"

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
FuryShift said:
You guys wear eyeliner, all black band T's, girls jeans and a little D-ring with your keys on a belt loop, chick haircut, plugs, wrist bands, bumperstickers all over your car, weekly dancing at the local skatepark shows, and think that saying you're HXC makes you 'awesome'? :poke:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hepcat007

Established Member
I voted Punk, but your examples are far from the kind of punk i like. Maybe blink 182 and sum 41 and avril are considered punk now days, but i listen to old school real punk. Ramones, Dead Kennedy's, Operation Ivy, minor threat. If somone would have played avril when i was younger and called it punk, they would have gotten a kick to the teeth.

SICKBOY

Established Member
hahhah ..the punk catergory is good stuff....I jest

whats in my cd player ...Tiger Army III, Autreyu, HIM, CKY, Social D, and Avenged 7 fold..

I like real punk rock, Speed metal, Real hardcore, Love metal ...and select physcobilly

SICKBOY

Established Member
FuryShift said:
I think you will probably fit into my generalization.

Oh yeah ...that's nice bro...no eyeliner here...but thanks for your opinion..So I take your taste of Crust metal is the be all end all? and please explain how any of the above mention fall in to an emo catergory?...I'm bored shitless and would love to be critiqued by your superior intelect...brash generalization made by the clueless....hahaha I love it...

Last edited:

blueoval4ever

голубой овал на всегда
Established Member
I listen to mostly house music but I also listen to Rock, Metal, Jazz, 80's Rock, you name it. Anything but Country, Rap,and R&B! BTW I don't list House and Techno as the same thing, there are so many styles of House and Techno you can't combine them. Thats like listing only one option for Rock.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread