• R&B (Ashanti, Mariah Carey etc.)

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Techno (Dance, Club, House..)

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Rock (U2, Nickelback......etc.)

Votes: 14 8.3%
  • Country

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Punk Rock (Avril L, Sum 41, Blink 182 etc.)

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Old School Rock (Hendrix, Zepplin.....etc.)

Votes: 14 8.3%
  • Oldies (Beatles, Frankie Vallie...etc.)

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Heavy Metal (Metalica, Motley Crue, Slipknot...etc.)

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • No one specific favorite type

Votes: 36 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Sickboy: I didn't know Tiger Army had already released their new CD. I guess this would explain the tours lately.

PonyXpress

I'll listen to anyone with talent...lots of classic rock, blues, progressive rock, metal (except for the "nu-metal" crap), classical, ethnic music (like Hawaiian or Indian steel guitar).

Cobie03

Established Member
blueoval4ever said:
BTW I don't list House and Techno as the same thing, there are so many styles of House and Techno you can't combine them. Thats like listing only one option for Rock.

I know that but I had to make it a general catergory for the fact that I was limited to only 10 poll options. :beer:

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
Various stuff. Hip-Hop, R&B, Rock, Alternative, and yes...even some pop. I really depends on the mood I'm in.

FuryShift

You are slow.
Established Member
SICKBOY said:
Oh yeah ...that's nice bro...no eyeliner here...but thanks for your opinion..So I take your taste of Crust metal is the be all end all? and please explain how any of the above mention fall in to an emo catergory?...I'm bored shitless and would love to be critiqued by your superior intelect...brash generalization made by the clueless....hahaha I love it...

Actually I prefer soul, you know real music that is more about heart than technicality or a fashion statement. Let's not talk about what genre is better than the other here. I was not taking a stab at you but the general emo lifestyle populus who tend to listen to some of the walking identity crisis bands you actually mentioned, hence my comment. I know all about it guy, been there done the whole playing in a band thing, hell I even got the T-shirt. Opened for G.B.H., The Circle Jerks, The Misfits, and Gotham Rd. to name a few. Now let's see:

Atreyu..
interviews_atreyu_group.jpg

A7X (see how I spelled it cool like you guys)..
avengedcolorjpeginline102103.jpg

Now, I see no need to go any further. I actually do like Social D just because Mike Ness is the man, CKY is good as well. Next time try not to cry as much.

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
Metal

-Metallica
-Lamb of God
-Shadows Fall
-Chimaira
-Slipknot
-Pantera
-Heaven Shall Burn
-Black Label Society
-Killswitch Engage
-Hatebreed
-Dimmu Borgir
-Cradle of Filth
-TooL (although it bores the shit out of me most of the time and I end up taking the cd out)
-Motograter
-Mudvayne
-Slayer
-Opeth

Last edited:

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Metal head here. Seems to be a lot of us on this site. I can't stand anything country or tejano. They both make me wanna stick a screwdriver in my ear.

LedVenom281

Zoso
Established Member
LED ZEPPELIN! you spelled it wrong in your post. No worries though, at least you added it. I listen to all 60s and 70s rock (few 80s rock, only the classics that still made music). Classic Rock is hands down the best music ever made by humans. No other music genre has influenced people as Classic Rock has. Modern rock (90s-Present) is absolutley terrible IMO. I don't even consider Rap a form of music, but rather a form of lack of education and noise. Its too bad that my generation has this sort of music (Rap, Punk, Pop, etc.) without anything that had the magic of the past. Though, I am noticing a LOT of people going back and these days to Classic Rock. My fav band of all time is Led Zeppelin hands down. I am a FANATIC. The Beatles come in second with Pink Floyd at a close third. I have about 50 or so Classic Rock band favs and they never get old. They only get better. Classic Rock is like wine. It gets better and better with age. Classic Rock = Aged to Perfection.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
I'm sure that someone has mentioned this but you(cobie03) should be shot for putting Avril Lavigne, Blink 182, and Sum 41 as the examples of "punk rock".

But I suppose I listen to some rock, and some metal. Actually, I'll listen to anything that pleases my ears. TOOL, APC, The Bled, Atreyu, Funeral For A Friend, and a lot of other stuff. Rap only pleases my ears when I'm drunk.

SICKBOY

Established Member
FuryShift said:
Actually I prefer soul, you know real music that is more about heart than technicality or a fashion statement. Let's not talk about what genre is better than the other here. I was not taking a stab at you but the general emo lifestyle populus who tend to listen to some of the walking identity crisis bands you actually mentioned, hence my comment. I know all about it guy, been there done the whole playing in a band thing, hell I even got the T-shirt. Opened for G.B.H., The Circle Jerks, The Misfits, and Gotham Rd. to name a few. Now let's see:

Atreyu..

Now, I see no need to go any further. I actually do like Social D just because Mike Ness is the man, CKY is good as well. Next time try not to cry as much.

Far from cryin but allright...now if the artist prefer to wear make up and the like that's there deal.....and I agree most kids will emulate the artist and for the most part look as retarded as some of them do...but what they wear has no bearing on what I wear...so I kinda got bent by your comment regarding me fitting into your stereotype ...good music is good music..and that we can agree on....Mike Ness is the man...Faithfully listening for 10 plus years...sorry to come off harsh

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
FuryShift said:

Atreyu..

I would take offense to that because I listen to Atreyu, but I don't because I don't care. Maybe I'll go cry instead.

SICKBOY

Established Member
I could care less if he thinks the band or bands are gay...but I felt like it was a dig, so I fired back...but it really doesn't matter...go cry ...maybe we can cry together.. :cryying:

Last edited:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
SICKBOY said:
I could care less if he thinks the band or bands are gay...but I felt like it was a dig, so I fired back...but it really doesn't matter...go cry ...maybe we can cry together.....****in a

No, one persons runny make-up is enough. I'd chew my nails out of nervousness but the paint chips might f#ck me up and I'm sXe to the max.

MystiChrome04

Established Member
I mostly listen to rock like Chevelle, The Exies, Smile Empty Soul, but i also like alot of the heavy metal stuff like slipknot (duality is a badass song). Plus i just bought the Jay-Z/ Linkin Park cd which by the way is pretty badass! But again no one beats CHEVELLE!! :rockon:

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
And the category is....

In order in my cd case

Pantera
old Megadeth
Slayer (my favorite band of all time)
Fear Factory
Chamira
Judas Priest (their the heaviest they have ever been)
Grip Inc. (Dave Lombardos side project)
Overkill
Iron Maiden (Bruce Dickinson rules)
Machine head
Sodom
Primal Fear (power metal at its finest)
Soilwork
Iced Earth (The Ripper completes them)
Static X (can be heavy when they wanna be)
Skinlab
Avenged Sevenfold (call it what you will, they have talent)
Killswitch Engage
Shadows Fall (the new and better Metallica)
Old Metallica
Angel Dust
Tool (The Pink Floyd of Metal)
Lamb of God (they can really tear it up)
Into Eternity (3 singers, enough said)
In Flames (one of the most underrated metal bands)
Sepultura (with Max)
Devil Driver (one of the best sounding cd's I have heard in awhile)
Demon Hunter
Metal Church
Savatage
Old Flotsam and Jetsam
Prong
Queensryche (when they were good)
Anthrax (the Greater of two Evils is really good)
Down
Entombed
Testament

Users who are viewing this thread