What is your favorite style of shift knob?

Q79tymW.jpg

Do you like a T-handle? A classic ball? A Nitro Stick? Something else? Let us know below!

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Round ball for most pony/muscle cars, pistol grip if it's a Challenger and T-handle for trucks. Just my opinion but that's what seems right to me.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
I've had a CJPP cue ball style knob in my last two Mustangs and I love them. Easy to grip from various angles and fits nicely in my hand. Hyuk hyuk.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Ball, others are OK but don't feel right rowing gears.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
FRPP leather wrapped. Terminator style. Def nothing metal (for obvious reasons) or ball-like (not enough security for pulling back into 2nd and 4th for my liking).

blk02edge

Established Member
I typically like the ball, but the stock knob in my cobra is my favorite.

TClark22

Established Member
I've always liked stock style hand conforming knobs. Not that ball crap that I don't know how anyone likes.

I've had 2 MGW composite shift knobs on my manuals. Now I'm going auto so hurst pistol grip quarter stick is what is going in!

Round ball for most pony/muscle cars, pistol grip if it's a Challenger and T-handle for trucks. Just my opinion but that's what seems right to me.

Interesting, a little mix of everything in there. The Challenger guys do like their pistol grips quite a bit, too.

do you make them with the thread to fit an mgw shifter?

What thread size and pitch are you looking for?

I personally like the ball shifter, much easier to grip and maneuver.

It's pretty much impossible to grab a ball the wrong way.

thekanezzi

Established Member
Never liked balls, nor spherical cue shaped shift knobs. Best knob I ever had was a twm and was shaped like a egg with a flat top and bottom. A close second is the stocker in the terminator.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I like the ball (at least 2 1/4" diameter), but the best I have found is the type where the threads are cut directly into the material (no pressed-in adapter or locking nut). those have a tendency to come loose in my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread