What is the worst beater you ever had

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
71 Torino, sucker had no floors because they rotted out along with the rest of it. I had some wood on the floor. Sucker ran good though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We also had a beater '68 Impala convertible that my father-in-law gave us back in the '80s. Suspension was shot, but it got me to work every day for maybe 6 months. One day I was driving through a parking lot around 7AM and the sun was in my eyes. I hit a cement parking stanchion at 25mph. Bent the driveshaft like a pretzel. Drove the 3 blocks to my job on a 4-lane main road with the car doing a weird shaky-shaky dance and the front end pointing about 20 degree to the right. Got some wild-eyed looks from other drivers. :eek:

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
1976 (I think) Plymouth Volare 4 door. Rusted to hell, barely ran, and was by far the worst car I've ever driven in snow.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
1991 Mercedes 420 SEL. It leaked from every seal, electronics were failing, vacuum system was disintegrating, left front caliper was leaking, fuel distributor was failing, no AC....

Basically it was a peice of shit.

But cruising on the freeway, no traffic on a cool night, she was the most comfortable ride ive ever owned.

An 81-91 Mercedes S class in great condition is possibly one of the finest cars ever built. My example... was not. Lol

My buddy has a 91 with the straight six diesel, damn thing is immaculate. I have been trying to talk him into selling it to me for a couple years to no avail.

sdoo500

Established Member
1997 Buick century I drove last year. I was commuting 90 miles a day and didn’t want miles in the mustang or wanted to pay for gas in the truck.

Paid $300 for it and put 25k miles on it in 8 months. Rockers completely rotted off but car ran great. Got 25ish mpg on the highway and ride great. Scrapped it for $175 bucks because the guy I bought it from promised I wouldn’t sell it to anyone after I was done with it haha.

Coiled03

Established Member
Probably a tie between a shit brown K-car sedan, with a jacked up CV joint that sounded like there was popcorn in the front end whenever I turned, and a flat black 87 Dodge Horizon with no front grille that idled at about 2500 RPM for no apparent reason.

These are vehicles I only needed to get me through the winter because at the time, I was riding motorcycles anywhere, and everywhere I could.

VenomVeins

Established Member
1976 Triumph Spitfire. My first car.

That fine example of shit british engineering left me stranded a few times and was a constant. ****ing. Headache.

ALL the ladies LOVED that hot garbage sled so much though, especially since it was a convertible. Got lots of road dome and ass in that POS that sounded like it was rattling apart at any given moment.

Best thing i ever did was sell it and buy a lifted toyota truck that was bulletproof for years.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
1974 Chevrolet Vega. Kept a case of oil in the trunk, had to check it every time I went anywhere and normally needed some. Probably 3-4 quarts a week, some weeks more.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
'01 bench seat, cloth interior, tri color primer F150 that had 225,000 miles on it from a DPW department. Beacon light and all. I parked very far away from everything

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
2004 Grand Cherokee V8 that I bought in 2009 was my worst beater... But it was still a really great car, but just couldn't handle the amount of off-roading that I do without significant money being dumped into it.

pwrshft99

Established Member
Dodge Omni that ran for a day.

Bought it for $300, transferred plates, drove with a friend to KMart.

Upon exiting parking lot, friend challenges me to bump a cart with my 'new' car. I hit it at 25mph, I thought it was plastic. It was steel.

Headlight grill and windshield broke, lost all electrical in the car. Had it towed home where it sat for two months before my dad said enough.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Dodge Omni that ran for a day.

Bought it for $300, transferred plates, drove with a friend to KMart.

Upon exiting parking lot, friend challenges me to bump a cart with my 'new' car. I hit it at 25mph, I thought it was plastic. It was steel.

Headlight grill and windshield broke, lost all electrical in the car. Had it towed home where it sat for two months before my dad said enough.
/Thread winner.

Never_Enough

Established Member
'88 Daytona Shelby Z. Car was bone stock & kept snapping axles like they were going out of style. Also, one day the exhaust came apart & if I was going too slow, the pipe would drag on the road creating quite the spark show. However, that did give me more boost for that night. :D

Users who are viewing this thread