What is the Deepest, Throatiest Cat-Back for the 03/04 Cobra?

Deepest and Throatiest Cat-Back for the 03/04 Cobra

• Boral Stinger

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • Bassani

Votes: 213 19.1%
  • MAC

Votes: 165 14.8%
  • Magnaflow

Votes: 158 14.2%
  • BBK

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Flowmaster

Votes: 145 13.0%
  • Other (Include the Brand)

Votes: 126 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WIRELESS

Were all crazy here....
Established Member
After the NMRA this weekend I want the Steeda system. Very good sound and not too loud at all, just what I want. Lots of guys running the Stingers, sorry guys I am not interested in my car sounding like a Z71 truck with staight exhaust. Guys cars were soo loud I cringed couldn't imagine being in the car.....

Jpjr

Established Member
Originally posted by WIRELESS
After the NMRA this weekend I want the Steeda system. Very good sound and not too loud at all, just what I want. Lots of guys running the Stingers, sorry guys I am not interested in my car sounding like a Z71 truck with staight exhaust. Guys cars were soo loud I cringed couldn't imagine being in the car.....

Again, I just don't get how you could want a COBRA and not enjoy a deep rumble exhaust. I hate obnoxious loud.. and the Stingers just aren't. It's a great rumble, and save the 2k drone, excellent sound throughout the powerband. My gf has had no probs with the converion either, which is usually how mods fail ;)

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Originally posted by Mr. Mach-ete
I have had 4 exhaust systems on my Mach. The first one came from the factory, we know what factory exhaust sounds like. The second system was 2 chamber flowmasters installed the 3rd day I had the car. They gave the car a throatier sound but I wanted more. The third system was Steeda 2.5 inch high flow catted X to 2 chamber Mac mufflers. This was much louder and deeper than the flow masters with factory cats and I noticed an improvement in hp gain. While at a hot rod convention I noticed my Mach still sounded like a pussy cat, I needed more. The fourth and final system, which makes the car roar, shakes windows, and scares the hell out of ricers is the Bassani mid lenth headers to 2.5 inch catless X pipe to 2 chamber Mac mufflers. The factory headers were a joke and extremely restrictive. I assuming the headers for the 03 Cobra are simular to the 03 Mach? If they are then ditch the factory headers ASAP. Have a nice day!:)

Damn man, why not just go for some cut outs, or some 3" turn downs... Sounds like you drive with ear plugs in!!!

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Originally posted by WIRELESS
After the NMRA this weekend I want the Steeda system. Very good sound and not too loud at all, just what I want...
Be sure to check out the Borla 14858. It's got the sound characteristics of the Steeda with the 4" rolled tips of the Stinger. It's the best of both worlds! :-D

Read my 14858 review HERE.

-Greg

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Originally posted by Jpjr
I hate obnoxious loud.. and the Stingers just aren't...
Well, I guess that depends upon your definition of obnoxious ;-) :-D

I considered the Stingers briefly, but after reading threads like "my Stingers wake the dead" and "my neighbors hate me because I have Stingers", I figured they weren't for me. And when I saw the size of the mufflers the Stingers have, that pretty much ended it for me! :-D

Deep, rumbling exhaust with moderate volume... :thumbsup:

Loud, droning exhaust that's just a sound level or two below straight pipes... :(

I just installed a Borla 14858 in my car and I think it sounds just right. It's deep while cruising and moderately loud under heavy throttle, but the noise doesn't intrude into the interior of the car like it does with louder cat-backs. And most importantly to me...no drone.

-Greg

03GREYCOBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by QIKPNY
:rockon:

I agree. I have SLP X-Pipe with SLP Loudmouth Catbacks. Ask the guys on the board that heard my car at Mustang Week...it is the most deep, growling, aggressive sound on the market for the 03/04 Cobra. Even my buddies with Borls, Bassanni, Magnaflow, etc. are all jealous:D

:burnout:

SLP all the way! can't beat it.

JTSVT

Equal Opportunity AzzKker
Established Member
MAC W/ BASSANI X-PIPE=TURNING HEADS EVERYWHERE......(UNDER WOT)...;)---JT

Cobra-Master

Established Member
My 3" Mac sounds completely badass... deeper and louder than my Bassani that I had on the car at first. The Bassani is now gathering dust in the attic.

2003 Silver

Banned
Cobra-Master said:
My 3" Mac sounds completely badass... deeper and louder than my Bassani that I had on the car at first. The Bassani is now gathering dust in the attic.

How much do you want for the Bassani?

machman

04 SVT COBRA
Established Member
i went with a Magnaflow o/r x pipe with high flow cats and a steeda c/b sounds great

Cobra-Master

Established Member
1268Melberger said:
How much do you want for the Bassani?

Eh, I plan on keeping it for now, just in case the Mac gets rusty. Thanks though... I know Mac quality leaves something to be desired, but the 3" exhaust system sounds mean as hell.

red 04

sick 04
Established Member
Spintechs sound badass! i have them and will soon be getting an o/r H pipe. this is the best sound you will ever hear! :beer: :beer:

2004 torch read terminator
mods: spintechs, densecharger cai, and 3.1 pulley whith diablo tune

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
Oh wrong thread I just saw deep and throat and I thought :thumbsup: /jk I have bassanni x-pipe with borla stingers. They sound dyn-o-mite.

Users who are viewing this thread