What is the Deepest, Throatiest Cat-Back for the 03/04 Cobra?

Deepest and Throatiest Cat-Back for the 03/04 Cobra

• Boral Stinger

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • Bassani

Votes: 213 19.1%
  • MAC

Votes: 165 14.8%
  • Magnaflow

Votes: 158 14.2%
  • BBK

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Flowmaster

Votes: 145 13.0%
  • Other (Include the Brand)

Votes: 126 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
you have to remove the header to change the oil? what planet are you from? I'm going to get the SLP powerpac, anyone buy this yet? Opinions please

Cobra Dude

Established Member
You must be new to Cobra mods or you missed the first year of research on Cobra mods. Check with Linn or Rick at Amazon Racing. The article was published over a year ago in the NMRA magazine.

LedVenom281

Zoso
Established Member
wow. I didn't know that this thread still exsisted. I started this a looooooooong time ago. Good info on here guys. As in an earlier post I chose the Flowmaster because I got a new cat-ack for $350, so I coudln't pass that up.

Smokin04

Pump Gas KING!
Established Member
I have the Stinger and it sounds REALLY nice with the Bassani X-pipe. On my 95 though, I had an O/R H pipe with 2 chamber Flows and dumps. That bitch you could hear 6 blocks away and it scared many a Vette from racing. IMO Flows give that great muscle car sound, but if it's max power you want, go with the Stinger. :beer:

xason

10 seconds isn't cheap
Established Member
Can somebody post a video of the Borla Stingers with O/R H or X pipe that does it justice? I haven't came across much good ones that make it sound muscular.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
i got the borla stingers and i LOVE them, i'm looking into getting a mac catted H-pipe because i'm getting used to the sound of the stingers. it's not as loud as i want, but still pretty loud.

Last edited:

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
can anyone send me a stinger with an x-pipe clip? or do you guys know where i can find one?

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
I had mac on my 99 cobra and got nothing but thumbs up everywhere I went, loved it and plan on putting the same stuff on my 03.

The Good

Established Member
Got stingers and they are just all out cool. Not to loud and I have vert 04. Love the rumble and and love the 4" tips

NateV8

Established Member
M55

I got the Ford Racing M55 catback and its real deep and throaty. It sounds real mean and its loud as hell.

VernLaw1

I-CAN-STANG said:
Magnaflow is it for me! I never heard the Stingers but I couldn't imagine my setup being any louder than it is right now. I love it!

I recently went with the Stainless Magnaflow mufflers, all else is stock, and the car sounds basically stock still.
Did you have much of a change in exhaust note during break in? If so, how long/many miles did it take?

Users who are viewing this thread