What is the best HID company out there?

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
My brightness and visability got 100x better with my DDM tuning kits. They aren't projectors tho. Projectors will make it a whole different ball game and Yuke does really good work. I ultimately would love to get his projectors over anything. I'm not claiming I have projectors. I just have bright as can be HID kits :D. Cheap or not, they've been in my car and been working ever since for the past 2 years. I also have the tinted headlights. I guess I really can't complain one bit.

Bad99SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
I have 6000K DDM tuning headlights and fogs and I have had no issues with them. I would love to have projectors sometime soon though!

mrose75

Established Member
This

Exactly.

While these PnP kits might be brighter than the standard bulb or silverstar, the cutoff SUCKS and when I tried them in the stock housing, my visibility was worse than with stock bulbs. And stock bulbs are really BAD. I put the silverstars in and it was a night/day difference in what I could see compared to the HID PnP kit.

You need to drop the money on a true conversion kit in order to get the real HID results. I will never use a PnP kit again. Brighter light shinning in the wrong location does nothing for you.

Ding, Ding, Ding!!! This!!

JSTBCUZ

Established Member
I'm not a fan of the projector retrofits in these headlights, If they made it look less....... wrong, it might be a winner.

NJredfire03

Established Member
HID projectors are ugly.

I agree but take what yuke does in a smoked or dark smoked headlight housing and you can't even see the projector. it's stealth and functional. There is a how-to post on here on how to do it yourself with a kit. I personally would only ever do this if I had projectors. I plan on doing it myself with the how-to instructions on a set of smoked oem style headlights. With the painted black reflectors behind the projector and the smoked lens, it will almost look blacked out. Plus you get to keep the amber corners. I will be going for this kit

Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1) - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc

TRBO VNM

DDM's here... Not everybody can afford projector lamps!

Yeah but we will spend 10x the cost of projectors on power mods. Lol

I agree, hard to make them look good in our cars because they never came that way from the factory, so we don't know how they "should" look. But as someone else stated there was a thread about doing them and painted some parts black so everything blends in very nicely with a smoked set. Those looked really good and not nearly as out of place.

IMO, I wouldn't do it unless I did it right. But I had to learn the hard way.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member

Jefe

Established Member
Back in my pnp days I had vvme every kit failed and they didn't honor warranty on last kit, steer clear
How long ago was that? Like I said mine are great. They ship insanely quick too if you need replacements

I have yet to see a retrofit light on a Mustang that doesn't look like pure crap. Rice-a-roni :shrug:

oneboredguy

Established Member
House of HID without a doubt. If you're local they install for free and there warranty is no questions asked

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
The ones that don't blind the hell out of me. I.E. none of these cheap ass plug in kits.

If you disagree try shining a million candlepower spotlight into your lights while driving down a 2 lane road. Maybe you understand now.

Users who are viewing this thread