What is the best HID company out there?

VancityCobra21

Established Member
I'm looking to get HIDs in my 04 Cobra. Since I am new to HIDs, I'm pretty lost right now because there are so many companies out there and so many types of HIDs.

I need your guys advice as to what would look nice in a silver convertible cobra. I was thinking of going with 6000k bi-xenons for head/fogs, if anyone has any other suggestions feel free to comment!

03Snakeb1te

Banned
DDM tuning 6k headligths and fogs.. I was gonna go with 5k because i too thougth 6k was to blue but it turns out 5k was not exactly what i wanted.. White clear not me i needed a lil more blue so 6k did it for me ...

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
DDM tuning!
esa8uha8.jpg

rtvickers

Established Member
I have 6k headlight and foglight that I bought off ebay. Ive never had a problem with them. Easy install.

319879_391932864176665_1861397037_n.jpg

Last edited:

VancityCobra21

Established Member
Do you know what buyer you bought your HID kit from? Did you have to purchase anything extra like cancellors and what not?

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Trick question, the real answer is all PnP kits are made like crap, infact 80% of them are the same thing with a different sticker or box. Most PnP bulbs are either made by TC or CNLight

lethal svt

Established Member
DDM tuning! Good kit, good price. Takes about two weeks or so to get them though usually since they come directly from china. Ive had there kits in many of my cars never any problems. I alwAys go with there 35w 5000K kit i think they look perfect. Good luck

oldmodman

Established Member
Trick question, the real answer is all PnP kits are made like crap, infact 80% of them are the same thing with a different sticker or box. Most PnP bulbs are either made by TC or CNLight

Dead on!

If the headlight housings are not modified with HID projectors, and you think they look great or work great you are fooling yourself.

There are at least three people that do first rate conversions here on this site.
sorry to the other guys but the only name I can think of is YUKE.

Expect to spend at least 600.00 if not more. And it's worth every penny.

Evo2SVT

Established Member
ddm tuning! Good kit, good price. Takes about two weeks or so to get them though usually since they come directly from china. Ive had there kits in many of my cars never any problems. I always go with there 35w 5000k kit i think they look perfect. Good luck

x2

TRBO VNM

Dead on!

If the headlight housings are not modified with HID projectors, and you think they look great or work great you are fooling yourself.

There are at least three people that do first rate conversions here on this site.

Exactly.

While these PnP kits might be brighter than the standard bulb or silverstar, the cutoff SUCKS and when I tried them in the stock housing, my visibility was worse than with stock bulbs. And stock bulbs are really BAD. I put the silverstars in and it was a night/day difference in what I could see compared to the HID PnP kit.

You need to drop the money on a true conversion kit in order to get the real HID results. I will never use a PnP kit again. Brighter light shinning in the wrong location does nothing for you.

keith89

Established Member
Exactly.

While these PnP kits might be brighter than the standard bulb or silverstar, the cutoff SUCKS and when I tried them in the stock housing, my visibility was worse than with stock bulbs. And stock bulbs are really BAD. I put the silverstars in and it was a night/day difference in what I could see compared to the HID PnP kit.

You need to drop the money on a true conversion kit in order to get the real HID results. I will never use a PnP kit again. Brighter light shinning in the wrong location does nothing for you.

+1 went back to stock bulbs for a while. Eventually did my own retrofit for about $150.

yuke175

Established Member
Dead on!

Yuke checking in, thanks for the kind words oldmodman.

Here is an example of my work he is talking about, housings coverted to a real HID Bixenon projector system.

2012-05-03_21-58-24_746.jpg

VancityCobra21

Established Member
Thanks a lot for the information guys, I think i'll be going with ddm tuning for now, and most likely with the 6000k set-up. Would I need anything extra from them like cancellors and what not?

Jefe

Established Member
Go with VVME. I did 4300k hi/low up top and 4300k fogs. Chatted with the customer service rep on their site and they knocked $20 off the order just by asking for a discount. You will have the stuff in 2-3 days from China, no joke

Had mine in for 7 months, not 1 problem

yuke175

Established Member
Back in my pnp days I had vvme every kit failed and they didn't honor warranty on last kit, steer clear

Users who are viewing this thread