What is the 1/4 mile time for a MANUAL Dodge Hellcat

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
If ALL you care about is speed, then the auto is probably the way to go. However, my penis will not allow me to drive a boring-ass auto. I don't care how fast it is. The fun that comes with a manual trumps the 2 tenths of a second the auto might give (unless you just REALLY suck at shifting.) That's why my MGW is my favorite mod on my car, even over the cams and 4.10's. If I had my way, none of you would be driving autos....because they wouldn't exist lol. To each his own though, I just think autos take a TON of fun out of performance cars.

I applaud Ford. "We only offer our SVT Mustangs as MANuals. Get it? MAN-uals!" (paraphrasing)

I'm guessing you've never driven a car with a dual-clutch automatic transmission.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I like how shelby owners only want to compare manual times, essentially handicapping the HC to bring it down to their level. :lol:

How about man up and compete stock for stock, fastest car wins? :poke: Not Dodges fault that ford stupidly only offered one transmission in their car.

I'll run either in my slow 2012. Already have tried to set up a race, but the track rained out. Once I swap to a TVS definitely not concerned. And mc01SVT what bad ass car do you own that you can talk shit about Shelby owners? If you still own an 01 Cobra, my wifes tune only Explorer would give you a run for your money.

Last edited:

Branhammer

Established Member
I'm guessing you've never driven a car with a dual-clutch automatic transmission.

No. I haven't, and while I'm sure it is MUCH more fun than your typical automatic, IMO there is no substitute for a manual. It's just more fun to me. But again, to each their own. But I want a CLUTCH and SHIFTER in my car.

On a side note, I will get an opportunity to drive a Ferrari F430 at Miller Motorsport Park in a few weeks. I'm sure it will be a blast. But the F430 doesn't have a dual-clutch auto though IIRC.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I like how shelby owners only want to compare manual times, essentially handicapping the HC to bring it down to their level. :lol:

How about man up and compete stock for stock, fastest car wins? :poke: Not Dodges fault that ford stupidly only offered one transmission in their car.

Thank god Ford knows their drivers dont want to neuter their car with a pussy autofagic just to go 0.25 faster down the 1320 that nobody goes to anymore.

Sad day when you need an auto to help overcome lack of driver mod.

kaz109

Established Member
Thank god Ford knows their drivers dont want to neuter their car with a pussy autofagic just to go 0.25 faster down the 1320 that nobody goes to anymore.

Sooooooo If nobody goes to the 1/4mi strip in these cars anymore what is the purpose of them??? Are you saying The GT500 and Hellcat are drivers car? hahahahahaha . This was a dumb statement, the 1320 is exactly what the cars where made for and its exactly what the owners plan to do with them. They live thier life a 1/4mi at a time

Branhammer

Established Member
Sooooooo If nobody goes to the 1/4mi strip in these cars anymore what is the purpose of them??? Are you saying The GT500 and Hellcat are drivers car? hahahahahaha . This was a dumb statement, the 1320 is exactly what the cars where made for and its exactly what the owners plan to do with them. They live thier life a 1/4mi at a time

Some of us want a good balance of speed and fun though. Automatics just aren't fun. Anyone I've met who disagrees either can't drive stick or sucks at it. I'm not worried about the minimal ET difference I could pick up because there will STILL be someone faster no matter what I do. So I just want a car that will outrun MOST other cars on the road that is fun to drive every day. I don't care what kind of auto we're talking about either. Manual is still more fun.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member

its called technology. just like bias ply tires, 4 barrel carbs, solid rear axles, manual clutch performance cars are going the way of the dinosaur, extinct.

so i guess the new 017 ford GT is a pussy car too since it has a DCT auto. :rollseyesEven ford realizes they cant get up with 60yr old tech. :smmon:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

The 13/14 is geared wrong for the 1/4, more for top end. The 11/12 GT500 PP's cars have superior gearing for the 1/4, but in stock form lack the power of the 13/14 or Hellcat. That is an easy remedy. Just swapping to a 13/14 TVS and a good tune will net 630-650 RHWP. But we know nothing touches the awesomeness of a C63.:sleeping: Kaz, you do realize that anyone that owns a GT500 could own a C63. They're in the same price range, especially used.

Last edited:

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
I'll run either in my slow 2012. Already have tried to set up a race, but the track rained out. Once I swap to a TVS definitely not concerned. And mc01SVT what bad ass car do you own that you can talk shit about Shelby owners? If you still own an 01 Cobra, my wifes tune only Explorer would give you a run for your money.

struck a nerve did i? :poke: Not my fault ford put out a car with 662hp, pizza cutter rear tires and 57/43 weight distribution, thus negating all that power cause it cant hook for crap. :lol:

01 lightning (sold)

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
so i guess the new 017 ford GT is a pussy car too since it has a DCT auto. :rollseyesEven ford realizes they cant get up with 60yr old tech. :smmon:

No, it's a pussy car because it has an Ecoboost V6. Nothing exotic or masculine about that.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
struck a nerve did i? :poke: Not my fault ford put out a car with 662hp, pizza cutter rear tires and 57/43 weight distribution, thus negating all that power cause it cant hook for crap. :lol:

01 lightning (sold)

Tires on the GT500 are wider than on a Hellcat. The reason many 13/14's don't run the times they should is because many that buy them can't utilize the power at hand. I've been consistent low 1.8's on 285/35/20 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...17213&counter=0&ar=35&rd=20&vid=020365&cs=285
It's not because I dump the clutch at 5000rpm's, I finesse the clutch at 1800.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
its called technology. just like bias ply tires, 4 barrel carbs, solid rear axles, manual clutch performance cars are going the way of the dinosaur, extinct.

lol probably why it ditched bigger displacement and went with a smaller v6 and turbo too.

Oh, you dont like that do you? Technology is only OK when its something you prefer.

I have nothing against technology, but I am against people using it as a crutch.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
lol probably why it ditched bigger displacement and went with a smaller v6 and turbo too.

Oh, you dont like that do you? Technology is only OK when its something you prefer.

I have nothing against technology, but I am against people using it as a crutch.

so i supposed drag radials are a crutch too? :poke:

anyway, drag racing isnt a skill sport like golf, its a machine vs machine test. Lets not kid ourselves here, its 2 cars going in a straight line for less than 12 seconds. :rolleyes: Big power, traction and gearing win the race. "Banging" gears while it may be fun for spirited driving in a street car, for drag racing it makes no sense to handicap yourself with a slower shifting tranny.

who says "technology" is limited to small displacement engines? Apparently larger enginer = stone age :lol: Tell that to mclaren, ferrari, lamborghini, aston martin, koenigsegg, bugatti, and pretty much every supercar manufacturer in the world. All of which use larger displacement and more advanced/exotic engines than the ecoboost.

kaz109

Established Member
The 13/14 is geared wrong for the 1/4, more for top end. The 11/12 GT500 PP's cars have superior gearing for the 1/4, but in stock form lack the power of the 13/14 or Hellcat. That is an easy remedy. Just swapping to a 13/14 TVS and a good tune will net 630-650 RHWP. But we know nothing touches the awesomeness of a C63.:sleeping: Kaz, you do realize that anyone that owns a GT500 could own a C63. They're in the same price range, especially used.

Hahaha, man you bring up my car more than I do....MUCH more. Seriously I am pretty sure you love it more than I do lol. I am aware they are close in price but they are two different type of cars which is why I never compare the two. Funny how you always mange to do the opposite .

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Hahaha, man you bring up my car more than I do....MUCH more. Seriously I am pretty sure you love it more than I do lol. I am aware they are close in price but they are two different type of cars which is why I never compare the two. Funny how you always mange to do the opposite .

Because you talk a lot of shit about other peoples cars and how they don't measure up....case in point is what I quoted from you.

How is that not flaming the GT500 and it's owners? Please enlighten me on how this was a constructive post and not you just being your normal self?

Lastly it's THEIR, not thier which isn't even a word.

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
Hahahaha, dude you seriously have me lol right now.

If you read the post I quoted I was responding to a comment saying nobody cares about 1320 and I made a joke saying " yea GT500 and hellcat owner don't care about the 1/4mi, they bought their car because its a drivers car"

At no point of this thread did I bring up my car let alone that other cars " don't measure up" ..lol, from all your post it sound more like you are the one trying to convince yourself that your car is indeed on the same level lol

It is so funny how far you reach and try to prove me wrong at something I never said in the first place.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Because you talk a lot of shit about other peoples cars and how they don't measure up....case in point is what I quoted from you.

How is that not flaming the GT500 and it's owners? Please enlighten me on how this was a constructive post and not you just being your normal self?

Lastly it's THEIR, not thier which isn't even a word.

:nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread