what happened to mike rousch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptide

Established Member
The one thing I've noticed with his tunes are that he has never given me a revision. He always tells me my logs look great. I feel like I'm basically running a canned tune
Makes you feel any better my AED road tune only took one revision before they told me it was good to go.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
I got an email reply from him yesterday, and today. He is usually pretty hard to get a hold of tho. I have been waiting for a cam lope tune for weeks now (although he is giving it to me for free, so I guess I really can't complain).
The one thing I've noticed with his tunes are that he has never given me a revision. He always tells me my logs look great. I feel like I'm basically running a canned tune

I think that's a good thing. Your car is performing the way he intended it on the first try. I wouldn't feel shorted.

5.0jake

Established Member
I don't know about you guys but Mike R has been diligent in getting my tune perfect (including several revisions).
He is a busy dude and sometime takes time to get back to you but is well worth the wait!

Angry50

Established Member
I don't know about you guys but Mike R has been diligent in getting my tune perfect (including several revisions).
He is a busy dude and sometime takes time to get back to you but is well worth the wait!

that's what we are hoping for lol.. no one wants to wait but if he delivers a great tune it will of course be worth it.

momogt

Established Member
I have received two emails from mike no tune yet. I am hoping to here something within the next few days

5.0jake

Established Member
that's what we are hoping for lol.. no one wants to wait but if he delivers a great tune it will of course be worth it.

My point was Mike R's tunes are far from canned.
Sometimes if Mike takes extra long to reply send a friendly follow up email to him.

Angry50

Established Member
My point was Mike R's tunes are far from canned.
Sometimes if Mike takes extra long to reply send a friendly follow up email to him.

I have of course. Sent several emails. He seems to take an about a week to reply. I'm not sure if this is normal.

Angry50

Established Member
if I knew it would take this long I would just go with AED or LUND. I don't think there is a huge difference between the 3. just hate having to wait so long between messages

bmoney50

Established Member
if I knew it would take this long I would just go with AED or LUND. I don't think there is a huge difference between the 3. just hate having to wait so long between messages

I don't blame you there. I gave up on him long ago. That and he was on revision 6 or something trying to get the shifting lined out. AED FTW!!!!

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
I've already received a tune for my converter and a revision tune for a lockup change since last Thursday from Mike....

Angry50

Established Member
I've already received a tune for my converter and a revision tune for a lockup change since last Thursday from Mike....

must be nice.i have been dealing with him for about a month and last email response i got from him was a week ago. i got the baseline tune super fast, then took about a week to get me a revision. then i told him the revision felt weaker than the baseline and sent him new logs and now still waiting for a response.

goat-ee

Established Member
I haven't used Mike on a tune, but he has been very helpful on some other questions I had. With that said, if your too busy to do the tunes/revisions, then you should also be too busy to be taking money from new customers until you are caught up.

Angry50

Established Member
I haven't used Mike on a tune, but he has been very helpful on some other questions I had. With that said, if your too busy to do the tunes/revisions, then you should also be too busy to be taking money from new customers until you are caught up.

ya im not trying to bad mouth him as im sure he is great especially reading all his great reviews and even recommended by shaun from AED. but i had several conversations before making the decision to go with mike and was even able to talk to him on the phone. he even got me a tune the same day. but now i leave him voicemails and send him a couple emails and hear nothing. id be happy if he just responded and said he was swamped but he is working on it.

bmoney50

Established Member
ya im not trying to bad mouth him as im sure he is great especially reading all his great reviews and even recommended by shaun from AED. but i had several conversations before making the decision to go with mike and was even able to talk to him on the phone. he even got me a tune the same day. but now i leave him voicemails and send him a couple emails and hear nothing. id be happy if he just responded and said he was swamped but he is working on it.

I bet you don't see AED recommending him anymore lol..I will be honest I had an AED tune and when Shaun said Mike was the auto guru I decided I needed to try him because maybe I can go faster and at that point I had not tried another tuner so I thought I would see if there was something "better". I actually ordered my converter through Mike and his response at the time was great. At that point I got the converter in and mikes tune loaded. The car ran pretty good but I had shifting issues and the drive ability was not what I was use to with AED. After 6-7 tune revisions I decided I was going to have Shaun update my old tune and see if it was just the converter that was causing the issue. Guess what Shaun nailed it on the first revision. I sent a few emails to mike and didn't get a response after that so I gave up on him but hey atleast he got my 250 bucks. At the track the tunes run very similiar times but the drive ability and customer service isn't even close.

Angry50

Established Member
I bet you don't see AED recommending him anymore lol..I will be honest I had an AED tune and when Shaun said Mike was the auto guru I decided I needed to try him because maybe I can go faster and at that point I had not tried another tuner so I thought I would see if there was something "better". I actually ordered my converter through Mike and his response at the time was great. At that point I got the converter in and mikes tune loaded. The car ran pretty good but I had shifting issues and the drive ability was not what I was use to with AED. After 6-7 tune revisions I decided I was going to have Shaun update my old tune and see if it was just the converter that was causing the issue. Guess what Shaun nailed it on the first revision. I sent a few emails to mike and didn't get a response after that so I gave up on him but hey atleast he got my 250 bucks. At the track the tunes run very similiar times but the drive ability and customer service isn't even close.

when ever i get money again i guess i will hit up shaun but until then im going to try and get my tunes from mike. too bad you cant get a refund on these things

goat-ee

Established Member
when ever i get money again i guess i will hit up shaun but until then im going to try and get my tunes from mike. too bad you cant get a refund on these things

Did he take payment via PayPal? If so, it might be worth going through them and request a refund. If enough people do it, at the very least PayPal may kick him off their site. PayPal is actually very much sided toward the customer, you might be surprised at the result.

I'll say it again, I like Mike and he was very helpful the times I had contact with him, so i'm really not trying to bash. But I have no patience for this kind of crap. If your busy, if you have personal issues, health issues, etc.? I have all of the patience in the world, but no communicating is a big no-no for me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread