What else is California gonna ban??

50 Proof

Established Member
They are not trying to save you money they are trying to DICTATE that you save money on your electric bill. Why? Because they decided you should.

No, if they were trying to dictate that we save money, they'd outlaw high wattage TVs. Considering California simply banned high wattage TVs from being sold here, I'm pretty sure they aren't trying to dictate anything to us. They're only creating an inconvenience for us because they know that most people wont actually give a shit to go out of their way to buy a non complaint TV. And considering that most TVs are already compliant....

You, as a free American, should have every right to put whatever TV you want in your house as long as you can pay the bill. If you cant pay the bill, the power gets cut off. If manufacturers make TV's that consume too much power, people will not buy them because they can't afford them, and they will be forced to improve their product. THIS is freedom.

wow, if only this were Smack Down. Read my response above. California didn't outlaw the use of anything, they did not take any of our freedoms away. :bash:

You sound ridiculous trying to apologize for the California Energy Commission.

and you sound like a ridiculous paranoid fool who thinks the government is out to suppress their every right. Dude, nothing got outlawed. California simply made it inconvenient for us to be able to purchase a very small minority of TVs that still are not compliant. I will be buying a new TV soon. I'm willing to bet that every TV I will look at in the coming month will already be compliant without me even having to try to find a compliant TV.

You people are ridiculous. You guys freak out over the stupid crap.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
No, if they were trying to dictate that we save money, they'd outlaw high wattage TVs. Considering California simply banned high wattage TVs from being sold here, I'm pretty sure they aren't trying to dictate anything to us. They're only creating an inconvenience for us because they know that most people wont actually give a shit to go out of their way to buy a non complaint TV. And considering that most TVs are already compliant....

wow, if only this were Smack Down. Read my response above. California didn't outlaw the use of anything, they did not take any of our freedoms away. :bash:

and you sound like a ridiculous paranoid fool who thinks the government is out to suppress their every right. Dude, nothing got outlawed. California simply made it inconvenient for us to be able to purchase a very small minority of TVs that still are not compliant. I will be buying a new TV soon. I'm willing to bet that every TV I will look at in the coming month will already be compliant without me even having to try to find a compliant TV.

You people are ridiculous. You guys freak out over the stupid crap.

Yea because california has no precedent on banning things.

Many car mods? Check
Most guns? Check
Now certain tvs? Check

All the while your state can't pay it's bills, it's employees are getting IOU's instead of paychecks, and illegals are raping what little resources you have left.

Yay california!

50 Proof

Established Member
Yea because california has no precedent on banning things.

Many car mods? Check
Most guns? Check
Now certain tvs? Check

wow, apparently you're serious. Once again, California did not ban certain TVs. They are banning retail stores from being able to sell certain types of TVs. They are not banning me from ordering whatever the **** tv I want online. They are not banning me from crossing the border and buying whatever the **** tv I want in another state. They are not banning me from being able to use whatever the **** TV I want. They are not telling us to throw away our existing TVs to go out and buy new energy efficient TVs.

Guns? I have plenty of friends who own guns. Car Mods? I can really only think of a handful of car mods that are not legal here, long tubes, off road H-Pipes, and turbos. Guess what, all that stuff I just named is illegal across all 50 states. Why? Because it tampers with your emissions control systems, which is illegal to do regardless of which state you live in. Just because you don't have smog checks or you have less strict smog checks doesn't mean long tubes, off road mid-pipes and other various off road car mods are legal.

All the while your state can't pay it's bills, it's employees are getting IOU's instead of paychecks, and illegals are raping what little resources you have left.

Yay california!

listen to the media much? do you even live here? My brother's wife is a teacher for a public school. I can't recall a time when she's ever received an IOU.

But hey, THE SKY IS FALLING AND CALIFORNIA IS OUT TO SCREW YOU, WATCH OUT!!! :kaboom:

Last edited:

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
wow, apparently you're serious. Once again, California did not ban certain TVs. They are banning retail stores from being able to sell certain types of TVs. They are not banning me from ordering whatever the **** tv I want online. They are not banning me from crossing the border and buying whatever the **** tv I want in another state. They are not banning me from being able to use whatever the **** TV I want. They are not telling us to throw away our existing TVs to go out and buy new energy efficient TVs.

Guns? I have plenty of friends who own guns. Car Mods? I can really only think of a handful of car mods that are not legal here, long tubes, off road H-Pipes, and turbos. Guess what, all that stuff I just named is illegal across all 50 states. Why? Because it tampers with your emissions control systems, which is illegal to do regardless of which state you live in. Just because you don't have smog checks or you have less strict smog checks doesn't mean long tubes, off road mid-pipes and other various off road car mods are legal.

listen to the media much? do you even live here? My brother's wife is a teacher for a public school. I can't recall a time when she's ever received an IOU.

But hey, THE SKY IS FALLING AND CALIFORNIA IS OUT TO SCREW YOU, WATCH OUT!!! :kaboom:

CARB is far more strict than any of the other 49 states. If you honestly believe that every car mod thats illegal in Cali is illegal everywhere else there is no hope for you.

And yes some government workers in Sacremento got IOU's instead of paychecks, and quite a few more just got flat out fired. THERE IS NO MONEY LEFT IN YOUR BROKE ASS STATE.

Banning a retail chain from carrying certain TV's IS A DE FACTO BAN ON THOSE TV'S. I understand there is a subtle difference, but it is by and large a ban. Most people will not drive to Nevada to buy a TV. People are lazy, Cali knows this.

Hell no I don't live there. I never have/would/will.

As this is not smackdown that is all for now, until you come out with EVEN MORE APOLOGIES FOR broke ass cali.

50 Proof

Established Member
:lol: You have your opinions and I have mine. It simply isn't as big of a deal as you're making it out to be. There are already so many TVs available now that are already compliant and the legislation hasn't even come into effect yet. We still have OVER A YEAR before the legislation goes into effect...and TV manufacturers are already building more energy efficient TVs, which no doubt will be the same damn TVs that will be for sale at your local electronics store. Do you even think we'll be able to find non compliant TVs even if we tried? Think again. Like I said, THE SKY IS FALLING. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
THE STATE IS TRYING TO CONTROL YOUR LIVES BY TRYING TO SAVE YOU MONEY ON YOUR ELECTRIC BILL WITH REGULATIONS THAT CAN BE EASILY BYPASSED.

:bash:

Which is obviously the role of government in a free society.

I wonder if more than 10% of the citizens of the United States have the slightest clue as to what influenced Madison, Jefferson, Mason, Gerry, etc.?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
CARB is far more strict than any of the other 49 states. If you honestly believe that every car mod thats illegal in Cali is illegal everywhere else there is no hope for you.

Name a mod that is legal in any other state that is not legal in CA.

The same mods that are illegal in CA are also illegal in every other 49 states. Removing cats are a FEDERAL OFFENSE. Headers, intakes, tunes, etc. these are all modification of factory smog equipment which is federally mandated.

Just because your states do not actively enforce the law, doesnt mean the laws do not exist.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
Name a mod that is legal in any other state that is not legal in CA.

The same mods that are illegal in CA are also illegal in every other 49 states. Removing cats are a FEDERAL OFFENSE. Headers, intakes, tunes, etc. these are all modification of factory smog equipment which is federally mandated.

Just because your states do not actively enforce the law, doesnt mean the laws do not exist.

Then there is NO REASON at all to print, "CARB Certified" or "CARB Approved" on any mod parts.

For that matter, following your logic all mods are illegal, and CARB certified, doesn't even exist.

Klay

Established Member
I don't know why people from my state bother to defend the legislation that comes out of california. It is pretty clear this state has screwed up politicians. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't see myself living anywhere else because of all the different things we got going on here but when it comes to laws, california is indeed stupid. Hopefully, one day the people will wake up and stop voting these same idiots in who keep scrweing up the state.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you read about this new law you likely also read that while the law today only applies to CA, history shows that laws passed there frequently get adopted by the other states. So the prediction was/is that this new law will eventually be adopted by other states. Just another example of the government taking more and more control over what we can and cannot have. What's next? A mandated maximum amount of electricity a home will be allowed to use?

50 Proof

Established Member
Then there is NO REASON at all to print, "CARB Certified" or "CARB Approved" on any mod parts.

For that matter, following your logic all mods are illegal, and CARB certified, doesn't even exist.

LOL do you even know what CARB stands for? It stands for CALIFORNIA AIR RESOURCES BOARD. Why in the hell would the other 49 states need a CARB E.O. number when CARB is a California organization? You guys are not allowed to do the same mods that we aren't allowed to do. The mods you guys do in the other 49 states are a federal offense as was mentioned previously. Just because you don't have a CARB program and strict smog laws doesn't make the modifications legal. Besides, CARB doesn't mean jack when you own a 1965 Mustang :coolman:

lol at you guys freaking out over california restrictions. More like guidelines if you know how to get around them.

Which is obviously the role of government in a free society.

I wonder if more than 10% of the citizens of the United States have the slightest clue as to what influenced Madison, Jefferson, Mason, Gerry, etc.?

actually come to think of it I do know what influenced our founding forefathers. Funny thing is, California legislation doesn't prevent me from doing anything. I can buy whichever TV I want, online through discount retailers, and basically pay less than I would if I had purchased the TV at my local Best Buy, and not have to pay sales tax either. I can do any modification to my car I want because smog laws don't apply to 1974 and older vehicles.

Seriously, you non californians freak out over the stupidest stuff. If I were you I'd probably want to spend more time worrying about stuff like snow and ridiculous freezing cold weather and the fact that most of you on here can't even drive your Mustangs 6 months out of the year :lol: :thumbsup:

See the thing is, if you guys notice, most ridiculous laws that get passed have some sort of loop hole built into it. The smart people figure out those loop holes and use them to their advantage. The less educated people just tend to sit around and bitch about it all day long as if there's nothing they can do about it.

Last edited:

Tunink

Established Member
Twinkies are next.

More than likely.

With the health care bill more than likely going to be crammed down our throats. Watch for new health related bans coming. Tobacco, junk foods, and soda.

Some research center release some study claiming that obesity in this nation is going to skyrocket, and it will cripple our health care system with the costs.

So we have government dictating to us: responsibility, morality, and I'm sure shortly: our livelihood.

50 Proof

Established Member
More than likely.

With the health care bill more than likely going to be crammed down our throats. Watch for new health related bans coming. Tobacco, junk foods, and soda.

Some research center release some study claiming that obesity in this nation is going to skyrocket, and it will cripple our health care system with the costs.

So we have government dictating to us: responsibility, morality, and I'm sure shortly: our livelihood.

quick, get out your tin foil hats people.

The only place Tobacco will be banned is indoors. Tobacco will never be permanently banned everywhere (essentially illegal). Why? Because our government makes a lot of money by taxing tobacco. Do you really think our government will ban Junk Food and Soda, essentially shutting down companies in a time when we're trying to boost the economy and create jobs? Jesus people, how do you find the most ridiculous things to worry about? Oh know I can't cram my fat ass with twinkies, cup cakes, and coke, FML!!!

50 Proof

Established Member
I'm glad I live in a state where I don't have to worry about putting chains on my tires or having to park it because there's snow or having to fix major rust damage. Yea, even though you're illegally taking your cats off in TN, I'll still take our smog restrictions and weather over your snow and actually be able to enjoy my car year round without having to worry about rusted sheetmetal or rusted frozen stuck bolts. :coolman:

Last edited:

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
quick, get out your tin foil hats people.

The only place Tobacco will be banned is indoors. Tobacco will never be permanently banned everywhere (essentially illegal). Why? Because our government makes a lot of money by taxing tobacco. Do you really think our government will ban Junk Food and Soda, essentially shutting down companies in a time when we're trying to boost the economy and create jobs? Jesus people, how do you find the most ridiculous things to worry about? Oh know I can't cram my fat ass with twinkies, cup cakes, and coke, FML!!!
Oh really now?

:read:

Flavored Tobacco

50 Proof

Established Member
Oh really now?

:read:

Flavored Tobacco

does stupidity grow on trees around here? Flavored tobacco was banned to prevent kids from being encouraged to start smoking. Last time I checked dude, I can still go to the local gas station and buy a pack of camel smokes if I wanted to.

ssshhh, don't tell anyone but I hear that cocaine is illegal. **** the government for trying to control my life by not allowing me to feed my life threatening addictive habits. :bash:

Seriously, take your tin foil hat off. Cigarettes are not going to become illegal.

Last edited:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I'm glad I live in a state where I don't have to worry about putting chains on my tires or having to park it because there's snow or having to fix major rust damage. Yea, even though you're illegally taking your cats off in TN, I'll still take our smog restrictions and weather over your snow and actually be able to enjoy my car year round without having to worry about rusted sheetmetal or rusted frozen stuck bolts. :coolman:

it snows in tennesee????

Users who are viewing this thread