What else is California gonna ban??

50 Proof

Established Member
[ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=does+it+snow+in+tennessee&aq=0&oq=does+it+snow+in+ten&aqi=g3g-m2"]does it snow in tennessee - Google Search[/ame]

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
does stupidity grow on trees around here? Flavored tobacco was banned to prevent kids from being encouraged to start smoking. Last time I checked dude, I can still go to the local gas station and buy a pack of camel smokes if I wanted to.

ssshhh, don't tell anyone but I hear that cocaine is illegal. **** the government for trying to control my life by not allowing me to feed my life threatening addictive habits. :bash:

Seriously, take your tin foil hat off. Cigarettes are not going to become illegal.

LOL you said tobacco would never be banned. Then I show you it has been, yet you still deny it happening:lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

I think we both know you didn't fall far from the tree.

Sil80sx

Established Member
I work for Edison and the CPUC and FERC are being very demanding at the moment. They want us to produce more newable energy and produce less emissions. Banning large televisions shouldn't affect the consumer, the govt should regulate on the manufacturer to produce more energy effecient technology. They're basically doing that to my company, wtf.

Formula51

Established Member
wow, if only this were Smack Down. Read my response above. California didn't outlaw the use of anything, they did not take any of our freedoms away. :bash:

They sure did, you can't buy a higher wattage TV in California if you so wanted to. They took that that ability/freedom away from you and thousands of others like you. It's that simple.

Now, the fact that you can't see that means you need to stay in California. You and anyone else like you.

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
L

actually come to think of it I do know what influenced our founding forefathers. Funny thing is, California legislation doesn't prevent me from doing anything. I can buy whichever TV I want, online through discount retailers, and basically pay less than I would if I had purchased the TV at my local Best Buy, and not have to pay sales tax either. I can do any modification to my car I want because smog laws don't apply to 1974 and older vehicles.

Seriously, you non californians freak out over the stupidest stuff. If I were you I'd probably want to spend more time worrying about stuff like snow and ridiculous freezing cold weather and the fact that most of you on here can't even drive your Mustangs 6 months out of the year :lol: :thumbsup:

See the thing is, if you guys notice, most ridiculous laws that get passed have some sort of loop hole built into it. The smart people figure out those loop holes and use them to their advantage. The less educated people just tend to sit around and bitch about it all day long as if there's nothing they can do about it.

Why pass ineffectual laws that will only affect a certain class of society? Would that not point to a breach of the social contract?

I've heard many Alabamians bitch about the heat, but this is the first I've heard of snow problems in the deep south.

Formula51

Established Member
If you read about this new law you likely also read that while the law today only applies to CA, history shows that laws passed there frequently get adopted by the other states. So the prediction was/is that this new law will eventually be adopted by other states. Just another example of the government taking more and more control over what we can and cannot have. What's next? A mandated maximum amount of electricity a home will be allowed to use?

Smartgrid. It's pretty close. Any power you use during NORMAL hours or "peak hours" as they call it will cost you an arm and a leg.

It's like they want to make us like Europe where everyone eats dinner at 9pm to 12am. Shoot, the restaurants in Spain don't even open until 9pm. I kid you not.

We are so close to losing this country....

Formula51

Established Member
Funny thing is, California legislation doesn't prevent me from doing anything. I can buy whichever TV I want, online through discount retailers, and basically pay less than I would if I had purchased the TV at my local Best Buy, and not have to pay sales tax either. I can do any modification to my car I want because smog laws don't apply to 1974 and older vehicles.

For now. How long until those laws keep creeping in and creeping in on those things as well. Complacency, will be the death of us.

50 Proof

Established Member
LOL you said tobacco would never be banned. Then I show you it has been, yet you still deny it happening:lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

I think we both know you didn't fall far from the tree.

Wow, you truly don't get it do you. Tobacco wasn't banned. The use of artificial flavoring in tobacco was banned. But you didn't take the time to think that deep into it. You simply read the headline that said flavored tobacco has been banned and stopped there. Please, stop now. :bash:

They sure did, you can't buy a higher wattage TV in California if you so wanted to. They took that that ability/freedom away from you and thousands of others like you. It's that simple.

Now, the fact that you can't see that means you need to stay in California. You and anyone else like you.

I can't? You mean to tell me I can't go onto the interwebs and buy whatever damn TV I want? California took that ability away from me? I can't even get into my car and drive to Nevada to buy a TV? FML :bash:

Fabman302

Current Project: FRANKENSTANG
Established Member
They took away our right to go to the store down the street and buy whatever TV that we choose like we always have. Now we are forced to circumvent the system in order to get what have always had the right to buy in our own town.

Another freedom lost.

50 Proof

Established Member
They took away our right to go to the store down the street and buy whatever TV that we choose like we always have. Now we are forced to circumvent the system in order to get what have always had the right to buy in our own town.

Another freedom lost.

dude, I can't even remember the last time I went into an actual store and bought any type of electronics device. Anyone who relies on physical stores to buy stuff clearly likes paying more for something and doesn't know how to use the internet to shop around and get a better deal. I'll be in the market for a new T.V. sometime before the end of the year and you know what? I don't plan on stepping foot into any store. I'll read and research the type of T.V. I need online and then I'll shop around online to find the best deal.

If you rely on the local idiots showing you mis-calibrated TVs at the local best buy to figure out which TV you should get at an overinflated price, then you probably wouldn't even be able to tell the difference in picture quality between an energy efficient california compliant TV and a non compliant TV

Wow, I'm pretty sure the point I'm making just flew right over your head. In other words most consumers wont be able to tell the difference in picture quality between an energy efficient TV and a non compliant TV; and the ones that can tell the difference will know how to use alternative means to get what he wants as opposed to talking to the village idiot at best buy

Last edited:

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, you truly don't get it do you. Tobacco wasn't banned. The use of artificial flavoring in tobacco was banned. But you didn't take the time to think that deep into it. You simply read the headline that said flavored tobacco has been banned and stopped there. Please, stop now. :bash:

You really don't get it do you? I CANNOT buy Clove Cigarettes because they were BANNED..... Don't try and say well you can still buy Clove Cigars, because they are not the same thing.

Can you grasp that? They are already trying to TAX cigarettes out of circulation. But it isn't working very well because people are still addicted to them.

Fabman302

Current Project: FRANKENSTANG
Established Member
dude, I can't even remember the last time I went into an actual store and bought any type of electronics device. Anyone who relies on physical stores to buy stuff clearly likes paying more for something and doesn't know how to use the internet to shop around and get a better deal. I'll be in the market for a new T.V. sometime before the end of the year and you know what? I don't plan on stepping foot into any store. I'll read and research the type of T.V. I need online and then I'll shop around online to find the best deal.

If you rely on the local idiots showing you mis-calibrated TVs at the local best buy to figure out which TV you should get at an overinflated price, then you probably wouldn't even be able to tell the difference in picture quality between an energy efficient california compliant TV and a non compliant TV

Wow, I'm pretty sure the point I'm making just flew right over your head. In other words most consumers wont be able to tell the difference in picture quality between an energy efficient TV and a non compliant TV; and the ones that can tell the difference will know how to use alternative means to get what he wants as opposed to talking to the village idiot at best buy

I think you missed the point.....to go into a local store and buy whatever TV I chose, be it over priced or crappy or whatever is a right that I will no longer have.
Its not about how you can get around it or whether or not you need it....its about choice....a choice I will no longer have.

It may seem minor to you....but it is just one of many more choices that we are losing....of course its little stuff at first....but these things dont stay little very long.

Last edited:

KILRSVT

Established Member
when i am done paying off my car and if i can find a decent job or transfer to another beamer dealership with decent pay i would most def get out of cali.....dallas seems like cool place its getting too expensive ,restricted, crowded and economically expensive to live in cali..

Last edited:

04Cobra23

Twin Screwed
Established Member
I love Cali, I lived in San Diego for a while.. but I do have to agree with most here, Cali is screwed up, and just stupid expensive. The laws and proceses they have are just idiotic.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
In communist California they tell you what you can and can't buy with you hard earned money. Well, half your hard earned money. The other half goes to taxes.

Users who are viewing this thread