What else is California gonna ban??

Franchi

Established Member
Yeah I read that today and thought it was pretty stupid. Using too much electricity THAT YOU PAY FOR?!?

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
i dont know how people can live there with all those stupid laws they pass,

i mean they do have some beautiful girls and nice cars and stuff but the cost of living matched with all the green living and stupid laws makes me NOT ever want to live there,

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I have a 56 inch TV LED projection TV that only uses 150 watts.
I also have an old 26 inch CRT TV that uses 400 watts.

By California's logic, my 26 inch TV is better.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
i dont know how people can live there with all those stupid laws they pass,

i mean they do have some beautiful girls and nice cars and stuff but the cost of living matched with all the green living and stupid laws makes me NOT ever want to live there,

Seriously. I could never live there. I will visit as its only 6 hours from Phoenix but all the stupid laws, particularly the gun laws really push me away. I conceal my glock every where and not having it when I go to California sucks. Makes me feel naked LOL!

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Seriously. I could never live there. I will visit as its only 6 hours from Phoenix but all the stupid laws, particularly the gun laws really push me away. I conceal my glock every where and not having it when I go to California sucks. Makes me feel naked LOL!

lol i hear ya

when i bought my xd .45 the box says not legal in california, too big of magazine 13 round

so the first 9 bullets must be ok but the other 4 are what kills people?/??

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Good thing you clowns don't read the WHOLE article. :poke:

Rest assured, this doesn't mean the end of the television as we know it. As the California Energy Commission notes, as of now, over 1,000 televisions already meet the 2011 standards, so many manufacturers won't have to panic in order to comply with the regulations, at least for now.

Bottom line: Most LCD televisions will be safe under the 2011 law, and many plasmas will as well, but come 2013, everyone's going to have to do some serious belt-tightening.

I see no issue for Consumers. Manufacturers just have to be more energy efficient. Hmm, JUST like the Auto makers. :idea:

The FEDS are not going to bust down your door and arrest you for that 65" rear projector in the living room.

FordMustangLove

Lame-o
Established Member
Good thing you clowns don't read the WHOLE article. :poke:

Rest assured, this doesn't mean the end of the television as we know it. As the California Energy Commission notes, as of now, over 1,000 televisions already meet the 2011 standards, so many manufacturers won't have to panic in order to comply with the regulations, at least for now.

Bottom line: Most LCD televisions will be safe under the 2011 law, and many plasmas will as well, but come 2013, everyone's going to have to do some serious belt-tightening.

I see no issue for Consumers. Manufacturers just have to be more energy efficient. Hmm, JUST like the Auto makers. :idea:

The FEDS are not going to bust down your door and arrest you for that 65" rear projector in the living room.
its not federal law, STATE LAW...:burn:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
lol i hear ya

when i bought my xd .45 the box says not legal in california, too big of magazine 13 round

so the first 9 bullets must be ok but the other 4 are what kills people?/??

No joke. I will never understand their logic. Just like when a bayonet stud was illegal under the assualt weapons ban, because we should really worry about someone with an AR-15 using a bayonet on the end of their rifle to kill someone? :bash:

And yes my extra 7 rounds in my G17 mag is what makes it lethal and therefore illegal. :bored: What sucks even more is the transporting laws.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
No joke. I will never understand their logic. Just like when a bayonet stud was illegal under the assualt weapons ban, because we should really worry about someone with an AR-15 using a bayonet on the end of their rifle to kill someone? :bash:

And yes my extra 7 rounds in my G17 mag is what makes it lethal and therefore illegal. :bored: What sucks even more is the transporting laws.

lol yeah no kidding, im glad i dont live there, i just dont see the appeal,:shrug:

venom one

Schoolin' your kids
Established Member
Why do people feel the need to insult each other? Can't we all just get along? :rollseyes :D I just posted up the article because I thought it was funny that of all states, California is the first to come up with something like that. Perhaps this should be moved to smackdown?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
It's going to be real funny when they decide to limit what cars you can buy.

The states $20 billion in the red and has no idea how to fix it, so they waste time passing laws like this.

Users who are viewing this thread