what do u have to do bolt on wise to hit 03-04 cobra level??

BooRail85

Banned
SaleenSpeed said:
Wow that's a alot of power from a couple of bumpsticks a TB and a pipe.

yup, pretty good power.. but there have been better.. there is a thread on modularfords where a guy did the Crane stg. 4 cams and picked up 48rwhp peak to peak.. But, from 5k up his hp/tq numbers were as high as the mid 60's in gains over stock cams..

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/f79/cams-84351.html

sicfast

Established Member
03silversvt said:
Gears, intake, exhaust and you will take a 100 percent stock terminator. Not by much but u will.

WTF are you smoking dude? its a 90 horse difference and ive NEVER had a car that gained that much power off of intake and exhaust.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
fstsnk1 said:
WTF are you smoking dude? its a 90 horse difference and ive NEVER had a car that gained that much power off of intake and exhaust.
I understand what you are saying.....but hp isn't everything in racing..in fact, it's probably the least important thing. The guy you quoted did say gears.....an S197 pushing ~320 with gears...I can see that as high 12s...with DRs...mid to high 12s...that is stock terminator area....easily.

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
Bolt on the New Edelbrock Plate Nitrous Kit(retails for $590, and less if you part it yourself) ...if your worried about terminators, it should solve my stock terminator problem for sure and maybe even lightly pullied termys.

sicfast

Established Member
i understand he said gears, but i dont recall him ever stating the size, unless its a drastic gear change, its not going to replace the other 50 horses from the 40 he might gain off of an intake and exhaust, also, i cant see somebody with a 100% stock termy wanting to race much because of how cheaply they can be modded for big power. most guys with termys that would more readily race are gonna have the standard uprades of intake/exhaust/pulley/tune. and that my friend is going to take allot more than just intake/exhaust/gears to keep up with let alone beat.

sicfast

Established Member
i understand he said gears, but i dont recall him ever stating the size, unless its a drastic gear change, its not going to replace the other 50 horses from the 40 he might gain off of an intake and exhaust, also, i cant see somebody with a 100% stock termy wanting to race much because of how cheaply they can be modded for big power. most guys with termys that would more readily race are gonna have the standard uprades of intake/exhaust/pulley/tune. and that my friend is going to take allot more than just intake/exhaust/gears to keep up with let alone beat.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
fstsnk1 said:
I see your point..but that is under the assumption everyone mods. I know every jokes about 'there are still stock ones left', but around here, I see them all the time...kind of like Vette owners, but for fords. They want them stock for image factor, and it is the older crowd. Not the crowd he would race but still a 'stock' point i am making. And as for gears not making up for 50HP..that is not true at all...gears and DRs can and will easily shave a half second. (50hp = .5 second for the most part). And as for drastic gear changes...M5s in S197s have 3.55, most guys go to 4.10s, A5s are 3.31s and go with 3.73s (for the most part). That is a nice enough gear change.

BTW - so we are clear, I am not trying ot argue, just trying to make some points. :beer:

RodeoFlyer

Established Member
Well I can say this much - in the blazing summer heat those big bad Terminators are sitting in the paddock overheated while S197's are still out having fun. You guys are comparing apples to Dutch apple pie.

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
MattP 343 said:
What kinda shot would you be running? Wet/Dry?

The edelbrock kit is a Dry kit i believe. In my 5.0 magazine it made 75 horsepower and 105 torque on a 50 shot and im not even sure they dialed in the tune since all they talked about was how it was 40-80 shot without needing a tune. i also need to find out if it can go over an 80 shot since i have the speed disease and i might wanna step to a 100-150 shot.

turbosaleen

Established Member
lol

Pure03Venom said:
The easiest bolt on is to pick up a stock GT500...then you will be about there...

Otherwise...the shop I deal with here has 2 05+ GT's with saleen superchargers with other mods that put down 500 at the wheels...so, forced induction is really the only way.

lmao about there a stock gt-500 > then termi in a drag race all day long sorry to say.

and yes jus tbolt ANY of the bolt on blower kits and your faster then a termi.

a 10 psi kit from any of the companies paxton vortech procharger kb or whipple = very low 12 to high 11s on a other wise stock 05 if you get a custome tune and soem sticky tires.

i just installed a novi 2k kit on a 06 roush and at 9.5 psi made 490 rwhp.

Last edited:

91frppgt

Banned
swoosh_stang said:
If you do full bolt ons plus cams you should be running mid to high 12's, which is about what a stock Cobra will run.

By bolt ons I mean:

CAI
Headers
O/R x-pipe
Good Axleback
Cams
Gears
DRs
UD pulleys
CMCV Delete
Suspension work
Clutch?
DYNO Tune

I know some people have run high 12's without some of that stuff.

The centrifugal S/C's are coming down in price, you should be able get one or a single turbo for less than $5k now.

thats alot of work just to get 12's :dw:

hell i'm at [email protected] with a stock auto :pepper:
a b/s shit mail order tune, steeda UD pullies, jms intake, and axleback.

Users who are viewing this thread