• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

what do u have to do bolt on wise to hit 03-04 cobra level??

Discussion in 'S-197 Mustangs' started by mustangmach04, Jul 13, 2007.

1. jasonc32amg

jasonc32amg Member Established Member

2. SaleenSpeed

SaleenSpeed Stock Block Rockin Established Member

Wow that's a alot of power from a couple of bumpsticks a TB and a pipe.

3. SaleenSpeed

SaleenSpeed Stock Block Rockin Established Member

Double post hell

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  4. BooRail85

BooRail85 Banned

yup, pretty good power.. but there have been better.. there is a thread on modularfords where a guy did the Crane stg. 4 cams and picked up 48rwhp peak to peak.. But, from 5k up his hp/tq numbers were as high as the mid 60's in gains over stock cams..

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/f79/cams-84351.html

5. sicfast

sicfast Member Established Member

WTF are you smoking dude? its a 90 horse difference and ive NEVER had a car that gained that much power off of intake and exhaust.

6. MattP 343

MattP 343 New Member Established Member

Yea I have gears, intake, exhaust and then some...and Im looking right at a 13.0 in the 1/4

Im either goin S/C or Turbo in a year or so

7. ponygt65

ponygt65 Multi-Quotin' Fool Established Member

I understand what you are saying.....but hp isn't everything in racing..in fact, it's probably the least important thing. The guy you quoted did say gears.....an S197 pushing ~320 with gears...I can see that as high 12s...with DRs...mid to high 12s...that is stock terminator area....easily.

8. 07TorchRedGT

07TorchRedGT New Member Established Member

^
    I agree. But, who knows someone with a stock Termi?

9. SVTsupremecy

SVTsupremecy Active Member Established Member

Bolt on the New Edelbrock Plate Nitrous Kit(retails for $590, and less if you part it yourself) ...if your worried about terminators, it should solve my stock terminator problem for sure and maybe even lightly pullied termys.

10. MattP 343

MattP 343 New Member Established Member

What kinda shot would you be running? Wet/Dry?

11. sicfast

i understand he said gears, but i dont recall him ever stating the size, unless its a drastic gear change, its not going to replace the other 50 horses from the 40 he might gain off of an intake and exhaust, also, i cant see somebody with a 100% stock termy wanting to race much because of how cheaply they can be modded for big power. most guys with termys that would more readily race are gonna have the standard uprades of intake/exhaust/pulley/tune. and that my friend is going to take allot more than just intake/exhaust/gears to keep up with let alone beat.

12. sicfast

i understand he said gears, but i dont recall him ever stating the size, unless its a drastic gear change, its not going to replace the other 50 horses from the 40 he might gain off of an intake and exhaust, also, i cant see somebody with a 100% stock termy wanting to race much because of how cheaply they can be modded for big power. most guys with termys that would more readily race are gonna have the standard uprades of intake/exhaust/pulley/tune. and that my friend is going to take allot more than just intake/exhaust/gears to keep up with let alone beat.

13. ponygt65

ponygt65 Multi-Quotin' Fool Established Member

I see your point..but that is under the assumption everyone mods. I know every jokes about 'there are still stock ones left', but around here, I see them all the time...kind of like Vette owners, but for fords. They want them stock for image factor, and it is the older crowd. Not the crowd he would race but still a 'stock' point i am making. And as for gears not making up for 50HP..that is not true at all...gears and DRs can and will easily shave a half second. (50hp = .5 second for the most part). And as for drastic gear changes...M5s in S197s have 3.55, most guys go to 4.10s, A5s are 3.31s and go with 3.73s (for the most part). That is a nice enough gear change.

BTW - so we are clear, I am not trying ot argue, just trying to make some points. :beer:

14. RodeoFlyer

RodeoFlyer New Member Established Member

Well I can say this much - in the blazing summer heat those big bad Terminators are sitting in the paddock overheated while S197's are still out having fun. You guys are comparing apples to Dutch apple pie.

15. SVTsupremecy

SVTsupremecy Active Member Established Member

The edelbrock kit is a Dry kit i believe. In my 5.0 magazine it made 75 horsepower and 105 torque on a 50 shot and im not even sure they dialed in the tune since all they talked about was how it was 40-80 shot without needing a tune. i also need to find out if it can go over an 80 shot since i have the speed disease and i might wanna step to a 100-150 shot.

16. turbosaleen

turbosaleen New Member Established Member

lol

lmao about there a stock gt-500 > then termi in a drag race all day long sorry to say.

and yes jus tbolt ANY of the bolt on blower kits and your faster then a termi.

a 10 psi kit from any of the companies paxton vortech procharger kb or whipple = very low 12 to high 11s on a other wise stock 05 if you get a custome tune and soem sticky tires.

i just installed a novi 2k kit on a 06 roush and at 9.5 psi made 490 rwhp.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  17. Wildpony

Wildpony Active Member Established Member

18. Wildpony

Wildpony Active Member Established Member

I believe it is still for sale if anyone wants one like this. I think it only has 2-3K on the car.

19. 91frppgt

91frppgt Banned

thats alot of work just to get 12's :dw:

hell i'm at [email protected] with a stock auto :pepper:
    a b/s shit mail order tune, steeda UD pullies, jms intake, and axleback.

20. 91frppgt

91frppgt Banned

oh yeah, stock 3:31 gear too :beer: