• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

what do u have to do bolt on wise to hit 03-04 cobra level??

Discussion in 'S-197 Mustangs' started by mustangmach04, Jul 13, 2007.

1. mustangmach04

mustangmach04 Banned

On a 05-07 gt what do u have to do bolt on wise to keep up with these monsters??

any info on the 05-07 gt's that is intresting and mods to them in general would help too

I owned a 04 mach and i miss her so much, thinking of getting an 07 gt

help me out guys
    thanks

John

2. Mach1USMC

Mach1USMC SVT Powered Established Member

Do you consider FI bolt on? If you do then you need FI to keep up with the Terminators.

If not- by the time you spent enough on bolt ons to keep up with a stock Termi you might as well have gone FI anyway. On a positive note the S197's seem to respond very well to mods.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  3. Pure03Venom

Pure03Venom Imma Ho... Established Member

The easiest bolt on is to pick up a stock GT500...then you will be about there...

Otherwise...the shop I deal with here has 2 05+ GT's with saleen superchargers with other mods that put down 500 at the wheels...so, forced induction is really the only way.

4. 03MUSCLE

03MUSCLE 03 MUSCLE Established Member

My Gf Has An 06gt Vert She Bolted On A Roush Supercharger And Put Down 362hp To The Wheels, Thats Pretty Close To 03/04 Cobra Power. And She Still Has Her Warranty. Also Roush Offers Another Pulley For More Power And Dose'nt Void The Warranty.and Her 06 Vert Weights(3610Lbs) 175lbs Less Than An 03/04 Vert.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  5. Mach1USMC

Or you could just buy a Terminator- like they say- "if you can't beat em- join em":rockon: Not only will you have a better base to build on it'll be cheaper in the long run.

6. mustangmach04

mustangmach04 Banned

wow as my head was telling me that forced induction is the way to go.LOL Was considering a single turbo kit or even just a supercharger than. I apperciate it guys.

7. dtheo

dtheo FUBAR Enforcer Established Member

wow, talk about a thread-starter to feed some ego's on this site!! I don't think there is enough of that!! LOL

8. BelvedereGTX

BelvedereGTX Banned

If you areferring to keeping up with 100 percent stock 03/04, then it really doesnt take much.

9. Mach1USMC

...ok- so tell us, what will it take?

10. dtheo

.............:lol: well.... 05-07 GT....................03-04stock Cobra
    curb weight: 3450.............................3665
    horsepower/tqe 300/315.........................390/390

Doesn't seem like much? Add a supercharger and it will keep up. Plus the frame is stronger and all the race guys say they perform very well on the roadcourses. Not much HP difference that a good SC could take care of.:rockon:

11. dtheo

You are 100% correct. see my post.

12. Mach1USMC

:read: Reading is Fundamental. He's talking about BOLT ON performance. IF and only IF you consider an SC as a bolt on does this apply. Depends on who you talk to but MOST people do not consider a SC as a bolt on.

I'd say "bolt-on" you'd need ported/polished heads (even that's debatable as a bolt on) , full O/R exhaust, headers, RAI CAI (like JLT), programmer, Gears (this is the 2nd most important mod), dyno tuned....

These might get you close to a bonestock Termi....but that's a stretch. Then again, if you get an SC and these mods you will kill even lightly modded terminators. Just don't push your RWHP past 450 or you'll be picking pieces of your motor off of the freeway.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  13. 03MUSCLE

iam not sure a supercharger would be concidered a bolt-on, but i think FI is the only way to get that kind of reliable power.

14. dtheo

ok, if you take out the wording "bolt on" then adding a SC and do some tuning would do the trick. 03Muscle, why is FI the only way to get that kind of reliable power?

15. HandoZiZle

HandoZiZle WHIPPLE INSIDE Established Member

because an f1 head unit is capable of making up to 50 to a 100% power gain. they also have the coolest engine intake air temprature. pretty much the most power gain for your money IMO

16. Mach1USMC

I know the question was not directed at me but I'd say it's also the cheapest way to get reliable HP. I mean if you want to go NA you could always get a forged stroker kit with high compression pistons and a mean cam- or do a engine swap to a bigger displacement motor and then do a stroker kit to it. You're talking 6g's easily for something like that. And you'd still have to have the supporting mods to make it work.

Lets not forget about Nitrous as a FI power adder. On a positive note you can get a kit for much cheaper than other types of FI- the problem is you have to have 2 tunes- one for nitrous, one for regular driving and you have to keep refilling the bottle. With an SC or Turbo you don't have to refill the bottle- the power is always there. And in the big scheme of things it's much cheaper than getting a built motor for high hp NA applications.

17. jasonc32amg

jasonc32amg Member Established Member

Having had both I'd say start with the cobra if you want the easy route and go for the gt if you want a better platform and want to biuld it. It's misleading to say the gt is lighter; add a t56, brakes, and a supercharger and your weight difference is gone...although you will have a much stiffer platform. I prefer a 3-link to the cobra irs as well.

18. BelvedereGTX

BelvedereGTX Banned

Gears, intake, exhaust and you will take a 100 percent stock terminator. Not by much but u will.

19. 03MUSCLE

i don't know sounds good,:shrug:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
  20. 03MUSCLE

dude you really need to put the pipe down. were talkin about a 90hp difference stock for stock no gear, intake and tuned gt is going to beat a 03/04 cobra in the 1/4mile or 0-110mph.:eek:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2007