what do u have to do bolt on wise to hit 03-04 cobra level??

mustangmach04

Banned
On a 05-07 gt what do u have to do bolt on wise to keep up with these monsters??

any info on the 05-07 gt's that is intresting and mods to them in general would help too

I owned a 04 mach and i miss her so much, thinking of getting an 07 gt

help me out guys
thanks

John

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Do you consider FI bolt on? If you do then you need FI to keep up with the Terminators.

If not- by the time you spent enough on bolt ons to keep up with a stock Termi you might as well have gone FI anyway. On a positive note the S197's seem to respond very well to mods.

Last edited:

Pure03Venom

Imma Ho...
Established Member
The easiest bolt on is to pick up a stock GT500...then you will be about there...

Otherwise...the shop I deal with here has 2 05+ GT's with saleen superchargers with other mods that put down 500 at the wheels...so, forced induction is really the only way.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
My Gf Has An 06gt Vert She Bolted On A Roush Supercharger And Put Down 362hp To The Wheels, Thats Pretty Close To 03/04 Cobra Power. And She Still Has Her Warranty. Also Roush Offers Another Pulley For More Power And Dose'nt Void The Warranty.and Her 06 Vert Weights(3610Lbs) 175lbs Less Than An 03/04 Vert.

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Pure03Venom said:
The easiest bolt on is to pick up a stock GT500...then you will be about there...

Otherwise...the shop I deal with here has 2 05+ GT's with saleen superchargers with other mods that put down 500 at the wheels...so, forced induction is really the only way.

Or you could just buy a Terminator- like they say- "if you can't beat em- join em":rockon: Not only will you have a better base to build on it'll be cheaper in the long run.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
wow, talk about a thread-starter to feed some ego's on this site!! I don't think there is enough of that!! LOL

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
.............:lol: well.... 05-07 GT....................03-04stock Cobra
curb weight: 3450.............................3665
horsepower/tqe 300/315.........................390/390

Doesn't seem like much? Add a supercharger and it will keep up. Plus the frame is stronger and all the race guys say they perform very well on the roadcourses. Not much HP difference that a good SC could take care of.:rockon:

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
03silversvt said:
If you areferring to keeping up with 100 percent stock 03/04, then it really doesnt take much.

You are 100% correct. see my post.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
dtheo said:
.............:lol: well.... 05-07 GT....................03-04stock Cobra
curb weight: 3450.............................3665
horsepower/tqe 300/315.........................390/390

Doesn't seem like much? Add a supercharger and it will keep up. Plus the frame is stronger and all the race guys say they perform very well on the roadcourses. Not much HP difference that a good SC could take care of.:rockon:

:read: Reading is Fundamental. He's talking about BOLT ON performance. IF and only IF you consider an SC as a bolt on does this apply. Depends on who you talk to but MOST people do not consider a SC as a bolt on.

I'd say "bolt-on" you'd need ported/polished heads (even that's debatable as a bolt on) , full O/R exhaust, headers, RAI CAI (like JLT), programmer, Gears (this is the 2nd most important mod), dyno tuned....

These might get you close to a bonestock Termi....but that's a stretch. Then again, if you get an SC and these mods you will kill even lightly modded terminators. Just don't push your RWHP past 450 or you'll be picking pieces of your motor off of the freeway.

Last edited:

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
iam not sure a supercharger would be concidered a bolt-on, but i think FI is the only way to get that kind of reliable power.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
ok, if you take out the wording "bolt on" then adding a SC and do some tuning would do the trick. 03Muscle, why is FI the only way to get that kind of reliable power?

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
dtheo said:
ok, if you take out the wording "bolt on" then adding a SC and do some tuning would do the trick. 03Muscle, why is FI the only way to get that kind of reliable power?
because an f1 head unit is capable of making up to 50 to a 100% power gain. they also have the coolest engine intake air temprature. pretty much the most power gain for your money IMO

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
dtheo said:

I know the question was not directed at me but I'd say it's also the cheapest way to get reliable HP. I mean if you want to go NA you could always get a forged stroker kit with high compression pistons and a mean cam- or do a engine swap to a bigger displacement motor and then do a stroker kit to it. You're talking 6g's easily for something like that. And you'd still have to have the supporting mods to make it work.

Lets not forget about Nitrous as a FI power adder. On a positive note you can get a kit for much cheaper than other types of FI- the problem is you have to have 2 tunes- one for nitrous, one for regular driving and you have to keep refilling the bottle. With an SC or Turbo you don't have to refill the bottle- the power is always there. And in the big scheme of things it's much cheaper than getting a built motor for high hp NA applications.

jasonc32amg

Established Member
Having had both I'd say start with the cobra if you want the easy route and go for the gt if you want a better platform and want to biuld it. It's misleading to say the gt is lighter; add a t56, brakes, and a supercharger and your weight difference is gone...although you will have a much stiffer platform. I prefer a 3-link to the cobra irs as well.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
dtheo said:
i don't know sounds good,:shrug:

Last edited:

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
03silversvt said:
Gears, intake, exhaust and you will take a 100 percent stock terminator. Not by much but u will.
dude you really need to put the pipe down. were talkin about a 90hp difference stock for stock no gear, intake and tuned gt is going to beat a 03/04 cobra in the 1/4mile or 0-110mph.:eek:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread