What did you do for your Terminator today?

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Ordered the entire FTBR kit as well.
You won't hate it. Increased NVH and you might get some gear noise, but nothing too crazy. Mine actually feels more planted than my Z06 if you can believe that. Granted the Vette could use some suspension refreshing too, but considering I'm comparing a rickety old Mustang chassis to a C6Z...lol

C2tuck

Established Member
You won't hate it. Increased NVH and you might get some gear noise, but nothing too crazy. Mine actually feels more planted than my Z06 if you can believe that. Granted the Vette could use some suspension refreshing too, but considering I'm comparing a rickety old Mustang chassis to a C6Z...lol

Lol. I got a feeling I’m gonna hate the install…

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Lol. I got a feeling I’m gonna hate the install…
Just take your time. Don’t rush it. I plan big installs over the winter while the car has downtime. Makes the installs more fun, less stressful, and overall better. Took me like a month to fully install my headers because I would do a little here and a little there. It was nice actually. I did other parts as I was in there.

fangin2u

Established Member
Just take your time. Don’t rush it. I plan big installs over the winter while the car has downtime. Makes the installs more fun, less stressful, and overall better. Took me like a month to fully install my headers because I would do a little here and a little there. It was nice actually. I did other parts as I was in there.
How long did it take you to get the back bolt on the passenger side?

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
How long did it take you to get the back bolt on the passenger side?
Not long...I had the K member off and the engine lowered using my engine support bar. The time to get the car on jack stands, removed the K member, etc etc took the longest. Again, I took my time doing everything. There were times I would go out to the garage and remove a few bolts and call it day.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think best is subjective when it comes to K members. I like my Maximum Motorsports even with having to deal with the oil filter relocation. The BMR piece is ok. Though I only have experience with the premium version.

muscleatsrice

Established Member
First time in 6 months? She looks mighty good. Nothing like a fresh bath before a late Spring cruise (I hope). (y)
Yeah! I put her up during the winter and took care of some things on her. Just filthy with garage dust. Finally got the time to give a proper bath lol.

gotjack

Established Member
Image1714603842.295661.jpg
IMG_4486.JPG

Before and after. Not the best like some other guys on here but I’m happy with the results

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blwn89gt

Established Member

gotjack

Established Member
Once you polish it like that what’s the maintenance on it to keep them nice ? I know nothing about polishing. Part of me wants to do this to my borla exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone

Not sure brother. I’m not a big polish guy as well but got help from some mmembers on here with there past experiences

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

WidowrRacing

Established Member

03' White Snake

Established Member
Once you polish it like that what’s the maintenance on it to keep them nice ? I know nothing about polishing. Part of me wants to do this to my borla exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone
I use 0000 SS wool with metal polish every year. After 3-4 years it needs a real polish again. I use a 6” buffing wheel on an angle grinder. Takes all the hard labor out of it. I think over the past 10-12 years, I’ve only sanded with 1000 grit and up once since the initial polish.

You want to see how real polishing is done. Google big rig fuel tank polishing videos. You will be impressed.

I only average 1200-1500 miles a year, and I don’t drive the car in the rain, so that helps a lot on keeping the pipes polished up nice.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I use 0000 SS wool with metal polish every year. After 3-4 years it needs a real polish again. I use a 6” buffing wheel on an angle grinder. Takes all the hard labor out of it. I think over the past 10-12 years, I’ve only sanded with 1000 grit and up once since the initial polish.

You want to see how real polishing is done. Google big rig fuel tank polishing videos. You will be impressed.

I only average 1200-1500 miles a year, and I don’t drive the car in the rain, so that helps a lot on keeping the pipes polished up nice.
Do you have a lift for the annual metal polishing? It would suck to have to remove the exhaust annually for the metal polish, and then every 3-4 years for a fresh polish. The look, though, is worth the effort. A polish setup really does look nice.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Looks good!
What process and products did you use?
Mine has diff fluid baked into it I have to remove when I attempt it shortly.
Easy Off oven cleaner should do it. I had diff fluid on mine and it got it right off and didn't damage the polish.

I use metal polish on mine when I think about it when I'm under the car. I'm not on a strict schedule for it. It stays pretty clean for the most part. Even with days like to today where it was foggy and wet on the drive in.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Do you have a lift for the annual metal polishing? It would suck to have to remove the exhaust annually for the metal polish, and then every 3-4 years for a fresh polish. The look, though, is worth the effort. A polish setup really does look nice.
Bob, I have a set of quick jacks. But yes every few years I remove them and do a quick sand and polish.

Users who are viewing this thread