What did you do for your Terminator today?

03' White Snake

Established Member
My understanding is anything above E60 gives full knock protection. I have my tune set up to give full timing above E75 just to be safe.

Will the difference cause any issues down the road? Or are they close enough that you won't see it in the A/F?
They are close enough you wont see / notice a difference. My tuner does not tune aggressively anyway.

2012GTCS

Established Member
It might a stock housing, but it's not a stock Cobra housing. If it was there wouldn't be a need to grind the brackets for clearance.

I didn't have a problem with the Metco wobbling on mine. But I am glad I went with the smaller pulley. Didn't see less than 14.2vdc even when stuck in traffic. Granted I wasn't running the A/C so it wasn't a full test. But it was a lot better than before.
which metco pulley did you go with? Everyone Ive run into with a 3.0 seems to have an issue.

Santiago

Established Member
Got together to say good bye to one of our friends. He's going home next month when he gets out of the Marines.
How’s the law enforcement are they still hard on you guys I went there like 2 years ago and they gave me a hard time for my car & my car isn’t even loud

01yellercobra

Established Member
How’s the law enforcement are they still hard on you guys I went there like 2 years ago and they gave me a hard time for my car & my car isn’t even loud
We haven't had any issues in the past year or so. The coordinators have a pretty good handle on it though. Any one that screws around is kicked out and banned.

Santiago

Established Member
We haven't had any issues in the past year or so. The coordinators have a pretty good handle on it though. Any one that screws around is kicked out and banned.
Oh okay cool thanks I’ll give it a try next one then isn’t there one coming up this week ?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Oh okay cool thanks I’ll give it a try next one then isn’t there one coming up this week ?
They happen every Saturday. I usually go with a couple friends every couple months. We need the time to recover from the drive home. I think we're hitting up the meet at K&N this weekend.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I got my new pumps installed, new stainless steel filter, etc. I had drained the tank down to where the pumps could not pump anymore fuel. I dropped the tank there was maybe 1-2 gallons in the tank. The gauge was reading 1/4 tank still. My guess is that I have been letting the tank get too empty since my guage is reading high. I'll be sure to fill up when it gets to 1/2 tank on my guage. I'm sure the main pump got hot too many times. Frustrating but at least I know....

03' White Snake

Established Member
Hit the dyno yesterday. Was only able to run the 22 psi setup due to fuel pressure dropping. I ordered up some new pumps today. I think 8+ years of sitting in E85 was enough for them. Pressure was dropping right off the hit. Was down to 30 psi by 6k.

She still laid down 829 Hp/ 747 Tq. Have to reschedule another appointment and try 26 psi again.

Chris' Dyno 5-24-23.JPG

MG0h3

Established Member
Hit the dyno yesterday. Was only able to run the 22 psi setup due to fuel pressure dropping. I ordered up some new pumps today. I think 8+ years of sitting in E85 was enough for them. Pressure was dropping right off the hit. Was down to 30 psi by 6k.

She still laid down 829 Hp/ 747 Tq. Have to reschedule another appointment and try 26 psi again.

View attachment 1795007

Sure you’ve posted it over and over but your setup?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03' White Snake

Established Member
Sure you’ve posted it over and over but your setup?

Built motor 0.020 over, -5.22cc hardcoat anodized diamond pistons, stock rods and crank with tool steel wrist pins, custom cams (similar to stage 3’s), ARP 2000’s on everything. Works out to be about 10.4 CR. 2.8H KB with a 1320 junkie ported lower. Probably a lot more but that’s the main stuff off the top of my head.

MG0h3

Established Member
Built motor 0.020 over, -5.22cc hardcoat anodized diamond pistons, stock rods and crank with tool steel wrist pins, custom cams (similar to stage 3’s), ARP 2000’s on everything. Works out to be about 10.4 CR. 2.8H KB with a 1320 junkie ported lower. Probably a lot more but that’s the main stuff off the top of my head.

You’ve got 1000whp waiting for you!

03' White Snake

Established Member
You’ve got 1000whp waiting for you!

Not with the KB. Definitely with a Gen 5. I’m shooting for 900 with the KB. I’m figuring 905-915 @26 psi. Once I max out the KB I’ll look into the Gen 5. My tuner tells me 150 more rwhp just swapping that blower onto my setup. So that will be the 1K mark.

2012GTCS

Established Member
Dont know why, but anytime I do a job on the cobra and remove parts, I always look to see if ford is still making stock parts of the ones Im removing, no matter how small lol. Probably a huge waste of money on a 27k mile car, but things start to look real nice after several jobs. Next will probably be the wheel well liners :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Saleen498

Established Member
What other mods are you planning for your Saleen Mustang?
I'll start a build thread once I get further into it.
Body wise it is stock saleen with the exception of cobra mirrors, an s281E hood replaced the base heat extractor hood and the wheels are replaced with OEM saleens but 11" widened rears rather than the 10" wide that came on it.
Suspension is FTBR treated cobra IRS, g force shafts and Taurus brakes with MM coilovers in rear. MM full treatment in the front, K member, A arms, coilovers, etc. ATS brakes up front. Stifflers chassis brace since it is a vert and trans mount.
Interior is stock saleen with the saleen recaros. Only addition is OEM saleen fuel and oil guages in a SOS pillar
Engine bay is being shaved. Battery in trunk, p/s lines are routed through the drivers fender, a/c is being located to pass fender. All lines are Fragola PTFE. Fuel system is Areomotive external 3500 series pump with -12 feed, -10 filter to regulator and -8 return. Behind bars race cars aluminum tank with sump and 16 gallon capacity (IIRC?) Trans is T56 magnum and engine is aluminum block, 3.700" sleeved, stroker crank so 5.3l displacement, CP pistons, oliver rods, 9.1:1 CR. 05 aviator heads, Todd warren cams that I still need to order. Everything, including suspension components is powdercoated ot cerakoted and all hardware on the suspension and engine is titanium. The plan for the blower is the gen 5 3.0 whipple but I am still doing my research as to what would be the most fun on the street as it will just be driven to shows and on the mountain roads up north.
Heat exchanger is gt500 style with tubular bumper. P/s cooler is a 2 in 1 with oil cooler in drivers front bumper area, a/c compressor is a 2015 GT OEM piece located where the p/s cooling lines were. Radiator will be pushed forward into the core support eliminating the mounts. Upper mounts will be drilled into the underside of the upper core, lower mounts will be a tubular core replacement and bolted to the frame rails. Should look clean even tho I'll have to remove the lower core support to change a radiator.
Oh, and exhaust is ARH 1 7/8" to 3" collectors, no egr, no cats and borla S type

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Now I'm glad I asked the question, because I was expecting somewhat of a simple answer. That is one SERIOUS and awesome set of mods. I am really impressed. Your Cobra is going to be over the top impressive when complete. (y)(y)(y)

Users who are viewing this thread