What did you do for your Terminator today?

kallen

Established Member
Tires came in for my new-to-me wheels, come on spring!
IMG_20180217_111751403.jpg
IMG_20180217_111809918.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3

Established Member
Are you going to try the rubber soft plugs that a guy just recently posted about?
I just may if I can find them at a local parts store.

I bought a spare lower a couple years ago and it's not in too bad of shape that I may have to throw on for a bit. Missing my prime driving season here!

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Finished my upper coolant setup with a custom Ipsco housing. Not much space since the blower piping will go to the fender, limited on orientation. Getting closer, just need to wire fuel pump relay and send the car off for piping/ intercooler fabbing and tuning.

View attachment 1466234
What valve cover filters are those? I need new ones.

keith89

Established Member
I finished my updated cooling circuit. Running a Mishimoto radiator, meziere water pump and coolant crossover delete. I have coolant running to the radiator from the front of both heads, the rear of the driver's head, and from the heater core. This way, coolant from all 4 corners goes to the radiator. I'm running a custom lower radiator hose directly back to an MMR block adapter with no thermostat.
I have a PWM fan and water pump controller that will throttle the fan and water pump to make sure coolant gets up to temp quickly and stays there.

Next up is plumbing the remote oil cooler and Canton canister filter.

IMG_20180217_115503_434.jpg
InstaSave (1).jpg
InstaSave.jpg

keith89

Established Member
Nope. So you're going to modulate your water pump until the car gets up to temp?
I have a pwm controller that controls the fan and water pump. it runs the water pump slowly until the coolant gets up to the temp I designate. then it throttles the pump and the fan to keep it there. No thermostat restriction and I removed the expansion tank in the stock location so the path between the radiator/fan and the hood vents is unimpeded. I find it a bit strange that companies make such large intercooler reservoirse and coolant expansion tanks that block all the air from having a direct path to the hood vents.

MG0h3

Established Member
Oh ok cool. As long as its automatic. I have a pwm controller for the fans on my jeep. Is it a dual output or did you have to run two?

keith89

Established Member
Oh ok cool. As long as its automatic. I have a pwm controller for the fans on my jeep. Is it a dual output or did you have to run two?

It can run 2 fans and a water pump with 3 separate pwm signals. A lot of the pwm fan and water pump controllers out there only have a pwm signal for the fan and run the water pump full throttle 100% of the time. It's important to have a pwm signal for both to reduce alternator loads and starting current spikes. I have a mechman alternator to handle the extra electrical loads anyway.

MG0h3

Established Member
Cool man.

Replaced the bushings in the lower. Went with the freeze plugs that were posted earlier. Time will tell how the hold up. Nothing went flying on startup, but no test drive due to pending rain.

View attachment 1466988

Man I’m glad I caught this when I did. I wasn’t able to get this one apart with my impact I used a spare that I purchased a while back. One post has very little damage and small ding in the pulley. Gonna rebuild this one so it’s ready for next time.

Last edited:

Osiris

Established Member
Swapped out the headlight bulbs for something brighter while I wait for the LEDs on backorder....

Put on the Steeda "intake" (cone filter with a stainless steel shroud).

Nice time cruising with it this weekend though...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Users who are viewing this thread