What did you do for your Terminator today?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Not today but yesterday planned on taking mine to cars and coffee but the battery decided nope. Still under pro rate so I’ll call the dealer Monday. Took the Fox instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I swapped back to my 18" AFS cobra wheels a few weeks ago and I forgot just how nice this setup looks on a cobra. I also picked up a really nice clean set of OEM Parchment cobra seats off of a 16k mile car. Also, decided to get a set of new ATS Brembo calipers for the front and new rear calipers an dropped everything off to get powder coated. I'm really looking forward to this upgrade cause stock brakes are pretty scary at my power level. lol

Edit: Almost forgot, I also ceramic coated the whole car using GTechniq's Crystal Serum Light! Ok, I think that's it for now... LOL
View attachment 1806153
View attachment 1806154View attachment 1806155
Your SB Cobra is beautiful! One of my favorite colors. A friend of mine used to own a SB Cobra. Under the lights, it had a stunning purple tint. Beautiful paint color.

Cleaned up the ole exhaust pipes. Been a few years, this is the 3rd time of polishing them. You can tell they weren’t too bad. Quick 5 stage sanding and polish with my angle grinder brings the shine right back.

Some comparisons and the final look.

View attachment 1806225View attachment 1806226View attachment 1806227View attachment 1806228View attachment 1806229
Nice job on the polishing. It looks really good!

Saleen498

Established Member
20230820_161010.jpg
20230820_160945.jpg

Solid axle pulled and sold and getting ready for Cobra IRS install with a torsen t2r and FTBR treatment. Axle went with the maxigrip removed. So if anyone is looking....

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Nothing battery in the terminator shit the bed. Luckily in the garage with a tender. So I’ll see what i get offered on the pro rate from the probation warranty period tomorrow. If it’s shit I’ll get an Interstate battery from Costco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

Established Member
Since the wife was working and I was bored so I decided to check a couple plugs on the Cobra. I found the connector I had replaced for COP #1 already sucks and won't click into place. So a zip tie is holding that in place. And I think COP #8 is dying. The plug didn't have the timing mark I saw on the other 3 plugs I pulled. So that COP is now in number 5 and I'll check number 8 plug after I drive it again. My first thought is that might explain the half point difference if it's missing at WOT because it's fine everywhere else. But it's reading richer on bank 2 where it would be missing. I might order a spare COP just to have on hand.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Little cruise yesterday evening after a long weekend of work. I let a guy in a 70's Chevelle think he beat me .

He's like, "man that car sounds great, they always put that borla exhaust on those newer cars".

I'm like, sure thing dude .

Even though I have nothing borla. He likely had no idea what this car was.
669fc934d85f8f6ee55bd9a1e1e46aeb.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
You know, of course, he's probably telling all his friends about his "conquest".
No doubt he is! I like letting people think that sometimes. It definitely wasn't fast

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
fast for back in the day. but definitely all show no go compared to today's cars.
I love me a 70 Chevelle.
Yup. This one didn't look like a 70. Maybe a 71-72. He would have needed a lot of hp to hang with 700ish rwhp. I'm sure he could smell the ethanol coming out my exhaust

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm pretty sure you're going to have to drop it to get to the upper control arm bolts. I vaguely remember thinking about taking them off my 01 for some reason then decided against it when I looked at it

Saleen498

Established Member
I'm pretty sure you're going to have to drop it to get to the upper control arm bolts. I vaguely remember thinking about taking them off my 01 for some reason then decided against it when I looked at it
I thought I might but I am not using factory hardware. Everything has been replaced with zinc coated hardware and I will be installing them with the heads towards the centerline of the cradle. That should allow them to be put in without dropping the cradle. I guess I will know for sure soon.

Users who are viewing this thread