What did you do for your Terminator today?

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Dropped mine off at a local mechanic shop to have some service done to the rear differential. It's been weeping for years now and finally figured I just need to get someone else to do the job done. Got a new gasket for it along with Maximum Motorsports IRS Aluminum Rear Differential Bushings and a new Stifflers transmission mount. I do already have the IRS brace in place - so I figured that should be good enough for the way I use the car (vs. getting Ford Racing cover). Until I get a lift (if I ever get one) the thought of getting under the car to do major work is just not as appealing as it used to be for me.

Looking forward hopefully removing a lot of drive-line slack in the process and a properly sealed rear diff.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Yer cheating! :D

I had a former friend help me but mine was all done by hand.

I did my Maggie by hand and it was a process for sure.

Hate the game not the player. I'm pretty envious of his idea and wish I had done the same last spring. Manual sucks balls and we know it.

Yes Sir, worked like a charm. The one pipe took me maybe two hours to go from 400 to 1000 grit and that was taking my time.

ssblubyyou

Established Member
Turned up the boost today on the little 2.3 Whipple and E-85. Made 730/695. Little more tuning to finish up tomorrow. Was making 660 before. Excited to get it back and complete the Team Z suspension. Ready to get it to the track in a few months!!!

MG0h3

Established Member
Turned up the boost today on the little 2.3 Whipple and E-85. Made 730/695. Little more tuning to finish up tomorrow. Was making 660 before. Excited to get it back and complete the Team Z suspension. Ready to get it to the track in a few months!!!

How much boost?

ssblubyyou

Established Member
Not sure yet. The tuner just called me to tell me what it made and that he has a little more tuning to do with it tomorrow. Needed to make some fuel pressure changes. I’d say it’s going to be 22# +. I will report back tomorrow when I know for sure. I was at work and had to cut the conversation short unfortunately.

oxford03cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Installed the solid axle in the car today
45756084055_41380ff4a3_k.jpg
A9873190-EDE6-4D69-9156-60FE5E6C55C7 by Jason Wrenn, on Flickr

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member

What supporting mods? That’s a nice number on pump gas (the before number). How are your IAT2’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssblubyyou

Established Member
That 660# was on E85. Just finished up with the final tune and it made 744/714 today. It has full return fuel system though. I will have to call the shop that did the work to check IAT’s though. I didn’t have a lot of time to talk with them on the phone because I always get interrupted at work.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Got the trans back in today. I also lubed the cable while I had everything apart. The pedal feels like butter now. Even my son noticed a difference. He can't wait to drive it again.

Finished off the day by pulling the center section. I need to order a bearing kit since I can't find the one I had before. The other thing to decide if I want to swap in the 3.73's I have on the shelf.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Got the trans back in today. I also lubed the cable while I had everything apart. The pedal feels like butter now. Even my son noticed a difference. He can't wait to drive it again.

Finished off the day by pulling the center section. I need to order a bearing kit since I can't find the one I had before. The other thing to decide if I want to swap in the 3.73's I have on the shelf.
Nice work. I totally forgot to lube the clutch cable, until I put it in. It's a brand new unit, my clutch pedal is super light.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I saw it with the cover on when I got my snowblowa out and cleaned the driveway. Then put the snowblowa back in the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoostedSVT03

Established Member
Just installed new OEM Brake Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads, Russell Performance brake lines, Painted Calipers, Motorcraft high performance brake fluid, OEM clutch cable, McLeod firewall adjuster, swapped my Steeda quadrant for a Fiore Performance I had laying around, and Maximum Motorsports solid steering shaft and solid rack bushings. Fresh oil change and cleaned and coated my wheels.

I was going to install my Eibach swaybars but didn’t feel like messing with the IRS this time around.

85b6f6fc188a9e21a450dcf920f55e9f.jpg

7924c921be612fbe2bcce63e88a170d5.jpg

SVT_Troy

Established Member

How did you lube it? I’ve never done it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BoostedSVT03

Established Member
Nice work. I totally forgot to lube the clutch cable, until I put it in. It's a brand new unit, my clutch pedal is super light.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I just installed a new OEM cable and cannot believe how much lighter the pedal is! I had a Steeda cable and went from a Spec to McLeod clutch and just thought it was “supposed to be heavy”

01yellercobra

Established Member
How did you lube it? I’ve never done it.

I disconnected the cable from the quadrant and held the end up. Then sprayed some silicone lube down the tube. I'd work the cable back and forth (que the stroking jokes) then sprayed more lube. I repeated the process a few times until the cable was noticeably smoother. There was a spot that felt like it was catching and after doing this it went away.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I disconnected the cable from the quadrant and held the end up. Then sprayed some silicone lube down the tube. I'd work the cable back and forth (que the stroking jokes) then sprayed more lube. I repeated the process a few times until the cable was noticeably smoother. There was a spot that felt like it was catching and after doing this it went away.

Sounds like a plan. I’ll be doing this before my car goes back together. How often do you do it?

Users who are viewing this thread