What did you do for your Terminator today?

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
2.65 is on, its extremely rich at WOT but I can definitely tell from the little bit of boost I hit that the 2.65 hits harder than the old 2.3. I have an intercooler system leak on hose barb I need to tighten some more, then maybe I'll begin retuning towards the end of the week. While it was apart it got a J2fab modded intercooler, a bigger intercooler pump and some extra coolant capacity added.

View attachment 1504005

Curious to see what she makes.

cj428mach

Established Member
On my 2.3 I was running a 2.8 upper and 4lb lower and was seeing 22.X. I'm now running a 3.1 and a 4lb lower, so the combo should be 1 to 2 more psi. It was hitting 23.X psi last night for the short amount I played with it. I think 24-25 is the most I want to see even with head studs.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I had the keys in my hand Friday morning before work. But then I remembered it needs gas and I would have had to deal with moving cars around when I get home because the wife gets home before me. So I took the truck to work instead.

I can relate to times I’ve skipped driving due to moving shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
I’m pretty disappointed in mine, took it to the track for the first time after a SRA swap and ran a 7.4 @101 with a 1.8 60’.........

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
TeamZ grip series 1 kit in the rear, TeamZ coilovers with strange struts, tubular k member/arms and tires are MT ET street SS 275/50/15 cars making 713rwhp and 615ftlbs
Rear end has 31spline axles, Eaton trutrac, 3.73’s

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
TeamZ grip series 1 kit in the rear, TeamZ coilovers with strange struts, tubular k member/arms and tires are MT ET street SS 275/50/15 cars making 713rwhp and 615ftlbs
Rear end has 31spline axles, Eaton trutrac, 3.73’s

What's the pinion angle? Tire pressure? Were you slipping the clutch or trying to side step it on launch?

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
I think it’s at 1 degree ( I had a local shop check it out after i installed it) tires running around 16lbs and I kinda slip the clutch at first and then dump it. It’s been about 10yrs since i drag raced a car before this so I’m still trying to figure out the best suspension setup for the front and rear

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I think it’s at 1 degree ( I had a local shop check it out after i installed it) tires running around 16lbs and I kinda slip the clutch at first and then dump it. It’s been about 10yrs since i drag raced a car before this so I’m still trying to figure out the best suspension setup for the front and rear

Give it some more seat time then. The tires might not be overly happy with what you are trying to throw at them either.

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
I agree, will prolly go with a full slick once these tires wear out, wish e-85 was available by me so I could make up my bad driving with more power lol

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
2.65 is on, its extremely rich at WOT but I can definitely tell from the little bit of boost I hit that the 2.65 hits harder than the old 2.3. I have an intercooler system leak on hose barb I need to tighten some more, then maybe I'll begin retuning towards the end of the week. While it was apart it got a J2fab modded intercooler, a bigger intercooler pump and some extra coolant capacity added.

View attachment 1504005

congrats on getting the new vmp blower, and best of luck with it!

i was a little disappointed to hear that modification of the crossover tube is necessary with these - can you elaborate on that or maybe post up a close up pic of that area? thx

cj428mach

Established Member
congrats on getting the new vmp blower, and best of luck with it!

i was a little disappointed to hear that modification of the crossover tube is necessary with these - can you elaborate on that or maybe post up a close up pic of that area? thx

Sure I can get pics, but have you seen the VMP instructions they show the damage. Mine actually turned out extremely well and could pass for being made that way. I didn't want to modify my original tube so I got my coolant crossover from a buddy that just went turbo and modded his.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I drive mine @ least twice a week. Get that thing out of the garage

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple
It varies. Some weeks I'll drive it almost every day. Others I prefer to drive my truck. With the recent heat wave I've been enjoying the A/C and cooled seats in my truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Sure I can get pics, but have you seen the VMP instructions they show the damage. Mine actually turned out extremely well and could pass for being made that way. I didn't want to modify my original tube so I got my coolant crossover from a buddy that just went turbo and modded his.

cool, i'll check it out -

i agree, it is always best to try to hold onto original, unmolested parts that are terminator-specific.

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
Sat in the garage and simply looked at her. She had a long day yesterday.

783dc308288e37c530d6262d4923353e.jpg

3cd28c4be9ec101a3301a56bc655507b.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Gorgeous Cobra, Shannon. Those numbers made me go wide-eyed! I can easily see why you might just sit in your garage looking at her. I'd do the same thing. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread