What did you do for your Terminator today?

dumbstixlars

Established Member
Currently in the air, getting started on it's new Fore return system.

2vvje2u.jpg

D-MANN

Established Member
Currently in the air, getting started on it's new Fore return system.

View attachment 1478100

Those lifts are on my wish list. Which model did you get?I was thinking lifting from the frame connectors. Did you lift from there?it almost looks further out from the connectors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dumbstixlars

Established Member
Those lifts are on my wish list. Which model did you get?I was thinking lifting from the frame connectors. Did you lift from there?it almost looks further out from the connectors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I pick it up from the pinch welds. It's the 5000LXS.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Line the white dot up with the valve stem. Its the heavy section of the tire.
Wouldn't you want the heavy section opposite the valve stem? So they cancel each other out? I would think if you put the heavy part of the tire next to the stem you'd be adding weight in one place.

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
Wouldn't you want the heavy section opposite the valve stem? So they cancel each other out? I would think if you put the heavy part of the tire next to the stem you'd be adding weight in one place.

I was thinking the same thing. But my fronts were done at a very reputable tire place and both front dots are very close to the valve stem. 1 is spot on, the other is above in the pic.

SVTCam

Established Member
Installed my SoS A Pillar & steering column pods and hooked up my boost gauge this weekend. Waiting for my oil pressure gauge to come in, and wire up the wideband hopefully this week. I have 60# injectors, KB BAP, VMP3000 & subframe connectors waiting to be put on before I schedule a tune date with 04Sleeper

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I was thinking the same thing. But my fronts were done at a very reputable tire place and both front dots are very close to the valve stem. 1 is spot on, the other is above in the pic.

“Since it is very hard to make a tire that is perfectly balanced, some tire manufacturers apply yellow dots that indicate the tire's light balance point and serve to help you balance the assembly while mounting the tire. The yellow dots should be aligned with the valve stem on both steel and aluminum wheels since this is the wheel's heavy balance point.”

http://www.tirebusiness.com/article...color-coded-sidewall-markings-serve-a-purpose

gilg

Finally edited some pictures I took of it last week before the dyno day.View attachment 1471311View attachment 1471312View attachment 1471313View attachment 1471314
Now I need to start looking into fixing the trunk and spoilers finish because it has got worse in the last two months.
What are you using for polish and wax? Vo7 or chemical boys black kit? Just wanted to know i have the triple black supercharged,built motor 1999 SVT cobra. Thx gilg/gary

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

wckdvnm

Established Member
What are you using for polish and wax? Vo7 or chemical boys black kit? Just wanted to know i have the triple black supercharged,built motor 1999 SVT cobra. Thx gilg/gary

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

In all honesty I use a cheap correction kit made by turtle wax you can find at any autozone. It’s the black kit they sell. Kit’s $20 and works wonders; in that picture the car was dirty from the rains.
IMG_0118.JPG
now this is right after I finish cleaning it and doing the wax.

Users who are viewing this thread