What colors are you guys getting?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
_GT350%20R%20in%20red1.jpg

Upon further review, it looks like they're still going to be installing the 4x4 lift kit on the suspension. :whine:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
You just seem to be setting the table for not getting one. Positive mental attitude my man.

If it turns out to be 3800 pounds, I think I'll pass.

Upon further review, it looks like they're still going to be installing the 4x4 lift kit on the suspension. :whine:

On another note, so much for a top-loader transmission. And that was the first time I've seen a side shot of the shifter handle. Nooooooo!! It's a penis knob!!

For a stock car. Like Ry_Trapp0 said, Magneride isn't the end all be all of suspensions. If that was the case, why didn't GM use it on the Z28 like they did with the ZL1 and Z06?

I don't think anybody denies that the engine screams. It just doesn't sound good until it is screaming. And even then it doesn't sound great.

What a freaking cluster!! Ford's making dealers jump through hoops to get the car, which means dealers are going to make customers jump through hoops to get it, too! Reading this kerfuffle, looking at what dealers are already planning on charging in ADMs and the limited run of these cars, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if dealers start holding gladiatorial competitions for the damned things! The last man/woman alive gets the privilege to overpay for the car and take it home. Jeez!

I'm not playing all these damned games, so I guess I won't be getting one after all.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
You just seem to be setting the table for not getting one. Positive mental attitude my man.

Nah. You're reading me wrong. I DO want one, but with all the secrecy and lack of any real useable information from Ford about the car, it just leaves the door open for scrutiny of what little there is available. Not to mention the general frustration with just getting one. As much as I want one, I'm not paying a markup or jumping through hoops to get one.

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
I didn't have to pay mark up or jump through any hoops.

Last time Ford disappointed us in a specialty car was 99 and they got reamed for it. Haven't done it since and I don't think this is going to be any different.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Nah. You're reading me wrong. I DO want one, but with all the secrecy and lack of any real useable information from Ford about the car, it just leaves the door open for scrutiny of what little there is available. Not to mention the general frustration with just getting one. As much as I want one, I'm not paying a markup or jumping through hoops to get one.

What secrecy or lack of real information? The internet, rumors and speculations, and people saying its factual information that is a bold faced lie has made people so damned impatient! Just because news of this car was leaked 2 years ago does not mean we get to hear all the specs 2 years ago or even now!

As for getting a car, dealers are being allocated(as of now) less than their total yearly allotment of either the 13 or 14 GT500. I spoke with a dealer who had 3 14 GT500 and they said they are getting 1 GT350. Based on this its driving demand. However I still believe Ford will build as many yearly GT350 as they did the 500 allowing anyone with patience to find on at msrp or lower.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This email just came across today:

Without any sales data so far, we can at least see how other dealers are ordering their Shelby. Here's what I've found so far:
Top color is white.
Second tier: Avalanche gray, magnetic, black, blue
Bottom tier: Yellow, orange, race red
Tech package is ordered 2:1 over the track package (you can only order one)

With that, I'm changing my Oxford White (black painted roof) with Tech Pack, to a Competition Orange (black painted roof) with track pack. Mine schedules next week.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
REALLY surprised about RR - I'm not a huge red fan but that car looks pretty sweet. Equally surprised about yellow as I think it looks pretty kick-ass - but Ford has a couple "lemon" yellows under their belt (not to mention the upcharge)

I have a yellow GT on my lot right now, I'm not a huge fan of the color at all. I had one with the GT PP w/black wheels and it was alright, but the one I have now is a base GT with gray wheels and it looks flat.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
This email just came across today:

With that, I'm changing my Oxford White (black painted roof) with Tech Pack, to a Competition Orange (black painted roof) with track pack. Mine schedules next week.

Hmmmm interesting

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hmmmm interesting

Exactly what I thought. Honestly, I would have to believe that the majority of the white cars will have blue stripes; just a guess. I just wanted something that not everyone had. If I was going to keep one for a long time, I would still order a white with black roof, but since this is more of an "inbetween" car, I think the comp orange will move faster when I'm ready to move on to something else.

EDIT: Also, my first mod will be a GT350R rear spoiler. Pricing is released tomorrow (9/11) for anyone that is interested.

Last edited:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Love how it looks - can wait to see what it costs......

My bet is around 2800-3000$ retail

Also I ordered my R in DIB + white stripes. I am going to go over to the dealer tomorrow to see if I can change it to black w/ blue stripes. No VIN as of yet

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Exactly what I thought. Honestly, I would have to believe that the majority of the white cars will have blue stripes; just a guess. I just wanted something that not everyone had. If I was going to keep one for a long time, I would still order a white with black roof, but since this is more of an "inbetween" car, I think the comp orange will move faster when I'm ready to move on to something else.

EDIT: Also, my first mod will be a GT350R rear spoiler. Pricing is released tomorrow (9/11) for anyone that is interested.

I'll be adding track pack spoiler to my tech car

You're making me re-think Avalanche. This is also an inbetween car for me. Speaking of which. Need to get my current in between car sold

Users who are viewing this thread