What cheap toolbox/cart do you have?

robvas

Established Member
I need more tool storage in the garage. I'm between like 3 soft tool bags, a small metal toolboxe and a small Husky cart.

Don't really want to spend over $500 so I'm thinking something from Harbor Freight or Amazon. Have a normal amount of screwdrivers, ratchets, a couple power tools, etc

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member

01yellercobra

Established Member

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I have this one with the cabinet that goes on top. They're already full.
I have small chest on top that’s full. I have a 4 drawsr craftsman that is full too. All my specialty tools are on a shelf. I have cabinets hung with my impacts lol

I could use another tool box but I don’t have room. It is what it is.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have small chest on top that’s full. I have a 4 drawsr craftsman that is full too. All my specialty tools are on a shelf. I have cabinets hung with my impacts lol

I could use another tool box but I don’t have room. It is what it is.
I picked up two roll around carts that have the wooden tops for extra work space. One is two door cabinet that has a decent amount of random tools. I have spare socket sets in the other one with drawers. All my battery stuff is on top of the big tool box.

And of course I'm eyeing more battery powered tools.

Last edited:

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
check Craigslist or marketplace. I'd imagine you can get some good quality storage, for the same money. I have picked up many tools and storage from Craigslist. Kennedy, Old USA Craftsman, Snap on stuff. I'd put my money on the older quality stuff. just my eyes on the situation.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
My roll around got put into wife duty somehow in the garage with plastic bags to go back to the store and some her other stuff. No idea how it happened. It now sits right by the door into the house.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Home Depot has some options.

$398. (on sale)

$498. (also comes in gloss gray)

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
if youre not in a hurry might try joining a group like Den of Tools on facebook, they post up some decent toolbox deals from time to time (if your local stores participate, the ones by me basically never do).

Buy at least twice as big as you think you'll need

robvas

Established Member
I have a medium size from harbor freight. It was actually $500 last year. Here it is.

This one is $449 at HF right now. I like it, but I wish it had two single-height drawers instead of all double height drawers.
check Craigslist or marketplace. I'd imagine you can get some good quality storage, for the same money. I have picked up many tools and storage from Craigslist. Kennedy, Old USA Craftsman, Snap on stuff. I'd put my money on the older quality stuff. just my eyes on the situation.
I took a look and there's nothing but $10,000 Matco/Snapon, rusted out "vintage" Craftsman, and lightly used Husky/HF boxes for more than they are at the store...

$398. (on sale)

Trying to avoid the 18" deep boxes, there is a Kobalt I like for $399 though.

That white 26" deep one was at my local Home Depot (except in black) but when I went back to get it later, someone had bought it. They don't have any more :(

I think if I get a bottoms with lots of double drawers I will end up getting the $179 topper from Harbor Freight

Right now I'm just keeping my eyes open for a scratch and dent floor model or some coupons/sales

Attachments

• IMG_4534.jpeg
    IMG_4534.jpeg
    372.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4510.jpeg
    IMG_4510.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4509.jpeg
    IMG_4509.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4462.jpeg
    IMG_4462.jpeg
    480.1 KB · Views: 49

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
This one is $449 at HF right now. I like it, but I wish it had two single-height drawers instead of all double height drawers.

I took a look and there's nothing but $10,000 Matco/Snapon, rusted out "vintage" Craftsman, and lightly used Husky/HF boxes for more than they are at the store...

Trying to avoid the 18" deep boxes, there is a Kobalt I like for $399 though.

That white 26" deep one was at my local Home Depot (except in black) but when I went back to get it later, someone had bought it. They don't have any more :(

I think if I get a bottoms with lots of double drawers I will end up getting the $179 topper from Harbor Freight

Right now I'm just keeping my eyes open for a scratch and dent floor model or some coupons/sales

see if theres any of those overstock warehouse places around where they buy all the pallets of returns/damaged stuff from the big box stores. It's been quite a while but I bought my double stack 56" Husky set from one of those for about half of MSRP.

Saleen498

Established Member

$398. (on sale)

I grabbed a husky chest for a reloading bench. $450 on sale at the time and it can definitely hold some weight

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a three piece Craftsman and a smaller and older two piece Craftsman. I have a Craftsman bench (stationary) with some drawers and storage. Plus 2 or three other wrench/tool sets and other stuff.
Just recently decided to go through everything, organize, replace/upgrade and divest myself of things not needed. Then decide what I want to do about more or less boxes. Seriously thinking about ditching the bench for a roller.

Maybe I need to go see the tool man Bill.... :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread