What advertisements drive you the most insane?

CV355

_
Established Member
Scott Elder Mitsubishi here in Austin. This ****ing guy is so annoying. He’s a dealer “for the people” always has some weak ass gimmick and his voice is so obnoxious. Definitely one of those guys you want to smack in the mouth if you ever see him in person.

I think Mitsubishi standardizes their marketing. The "Dealer for the people" campaign is what Jay Gilstrap does. It's horrible.

I went on a business trip through several states and heard the exact same ad, but with a different dealership name.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Commercials for a particular law firm, Morgan and Morgan. He's is 14 states now, you can't get into the car without hearing one of his commercials.

Talkings about being "For the People" and talks about distracted driving and negligence when he has several DUI's himself. Really for the safety of the people.
This, all the other lawyers, eye doctors, Kinetico water and that damn Kia dealer Fuccillo.

CV355

_
Established Member
YES! Cant believe its allowed on the radio

I get that on Pandora radio all the time. In the house, it's Spotify. Out on the tractor, it's Spotify. I HATE that commercial.

Vic Bailey Ford used to have a commercial we dubbed "The Truck Song." It was an over-exaggerated country-singer voice singing "Trucks trucks trucks trucks..." for about 30 seconds straight. Dilbert portrays marketing as being incredibly stupid. In some cases, I think Scott Adams was kind. I have heard nothing bad about the dealership (same with ol' Jay Gilstrap, might be a perfectly good dealership) but man their commercials suck.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, there are some commercials that I actually enjoy. One of them (and my SC brethren on here will know) is this little dwarf-dude lawyer that offers to help with IRS problems. Dude looks and sounds like a real-life hobbit. We love when his commercial comes on. I usually follow up with an impression of the little dude.

Last edited:

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
The scary part concerning the bad advertising is that it works. You remember the stupid ad, and that is the point of marketing. It doesn't make it any less irritating though.

I don't eat Little Caesar's Pizza, but I know there ridiculous ads.

I will never forget the weird little creature in the Domino's ads when I was a kid (I'm curious to know if anyone remembers that thing, and what it was called).

On a separate note; I can't help but laugh at the Duluth Trading Company ads. Most of those are pretty funny. Twisted, but funny.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
The scary part concerning the bad advertising is that it works. You remember the stupid ad, and that is the point of marketing. It doesn't make it any less irritating though.

I don't eat Little Caesar's Pizza, but I know there ridiculous ads.

I will never forget the weird little creature in the Domino's ads when I was a kid (I'm curious to know if anyone remembers that thing, and what it was called).

On a separate note; I can't help but laugh at the Duluth Trading Company ads. Most of those are pretty funny. Twisted, but funny.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Avoid the Noid.

CV355

_
Established Member
There was also the "Mr Pizzahead" which was a copy of "Mr Bill" in the early 90's / late 80's.

Quiznos had that mangled rat looking thing for a while too.

But, there is a line between being memorable and entertaining, and being antagonistic marketing. I've had Spotify playing for about 4 hours so far today. The Panera Bread "breakfast wake up call" commercial has come on ~15 times now. Makes me never want to go there again. I thought about getting premium, but the mute button is free.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Went on a GM site once and when i left i got an ad for a gay mans cruise. I laughed until i cried
I mean, what the hell did you expect to happen?

Reading through here I'm glad I don't:
1. Listen to FM radio
2. Watch live TV(unless it's sports)
This all day. If something adwalls and tells me I need to whitelist my adblock to access their content, it wasnt important enough for me to continue.

1-877-kars for Kids

Donate your car today

You jerk...I cant turn the radio off fast enough when it hits. The actual commercial on tv is so cringy... Id rather donate my car to a charity for @jeffh81 to get paid to get rid of his Chebys...

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Since the majority of live tv that I watch is NFL games, I see more of those Chevy commercials that "Mahk" on YouTube makes fun of than I see anything else. Those are the ones I hate.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I mean, what the hell did you expect to happen?

This all day. If something adwalls and tells me I need to whitelist my adblock to access their content, it wasnt important enough for me to continue.

You jerk...I cant turn the radio off fast enough when it hits. The actual commercial on tv is so cringy... Id rather donate my car to a charity for @jeffh81 to get paid to get rid of his Chebys...

Lol.

Edit: the site was Camaro5 and this was way before I knew better

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Any ad with abnormal percentages of interracial couples. FSO.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
The Verizon and Sprint commercials with their db spokespersons.

The psoriasis Commercials

Sonic fast food actors
The Popeye chicken chick
KFC colonel

Carvana commercials

MFE

Established Member
All the house-produced ads on Pandora because they all, every single one of them, use the same woman as the voice talent
That stupid ****ing opera-style there's a staiiiiin...on my white shiiiiirt Tide ad
It's Ram Truck Month!!!
Husband-and-Wife Law Firm for you in Phoenix, or any ad with an equally annoying woman's voice
Radio ads with squealing tires and car crash SFX

Users who are viewing this thread