What advertisements drive you the most insane?

lilcoop03

Established Member
If I ever see him in public, I will urinate on him.

If Craigslist hadn't instituted the $5 auto ad policy, I could royally screw with his business. Just copy a bunch of actual ads from other area CLs, swap the contact info to Jay Gilstrap. Lower the price moderately, but not unbelievably so. About 10-15 ads worth on local CL and his phones would be ringing non-stop until they found every last ad. Did that a few years ago to someone that ripped off a buddy of mine. Takes 5 minutes, does days worth of damage.

My dad is a wholesaler and sees him at the auction in Anderson every week (where that pic came from) I'm surprised he doesn't get lynched, even at the car auction haha

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The constant Truvada commercials everywhere drive me insane. Every commercial break you can expect to see it at least twice and all it is is a drug that is supposed to help the gays stop spreading their butt-AIDS to other gays. So the commercial is a bunch of gay dudes gazing at each other, dancing, and holding hands, and then Im pretty sure it is supposed to be a tranny that is being introduced to its boyfriend's family like that is normal and there is nothing weird about being a tranny. There is only one heterosexual couple in the commercial but it looks like a younger guy in his 30s hitting on an older woman, so I'm not even sure what message they are trying to and there or if one of them is the opposite sex in reality.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I've had this argument before where folks say I'm wrong and it's not possible, but.... I sort of feel like ads just don't work on me. I don't want TV. For the radio I have siriusXM. I had ad blockers on the internet. Maybe I physically see a billboard, but I don't recall what they are for. I've never gone to a new restaurant before of anything from their marketing department.

So what ads annoy me? Couldn't tell you as I don't pay attention to them.

CV355

_
Established Member
The constant Truvada commercials everywhere drive me insane. Every commercial break you can expect to see it at least twice and all it is is a drug that is supposed to help the gays stop spreading their butt-AIDS to other gays. So the commercial is a bunch of gay dudes gazing at each other, dancing, and holding hands, and then Im pretty sure it is supposed to be a tranny that is being introduced to its boyfriend's family like that is normal and there is nothing weird about being a tranny. There is only one heterosexual couple in the commercial but it looks like a younger guy in his 30s hitting on an older woman, so I'm not even sure what message they are trying to and there or if one of them is the opposite sex in reality.

I totally forgot about that one. Spotify plays that one ALL the time. I think it's because my VPN is set up through NY, and the ads are based geographically.

1-800-411-PAIN. All I can say is wow
Is that the "aftuh u call nah woh woh, caw fo woh woh. yo imma rappuh g" commercial?

My dad is a wholesaler and sees him at the auction in Anderson every week (where that pic came from) I'm surprised he doesn't get lynched, even at the car auction haha

It wouldn't be so bad if his ads were peppered in with other ads. It's almost always the repetition of ads that makes us hate them so much. I don't watch tv, but I listen to music 8-10+ hours a day. You used to go 5-6 songs without an ad. Now you're lucky if you get 2 back to back. And it's the same ads every time. They do it to wear you down into buying premium. Oh, and AM/FM suck. Plain suck. The local rock stations play the same 4 songs on repeat, and if it's not a Jay Gilstrap commercial playing, it's HAWKLAW or Hilton hotels "stab me in the... radio" ads, or you hear some dumb rednecks yee-hawin' about foosball. Waste.

I've had this argument before where folks say I'm wrong and it's not possible, but.... I sort of feel like ads just don't work on me. I don't want TV. For the radio I have siriusXM. I had ad blockers on the internet. Maybe I physically see a billboard, but I don't recall what they are for. I've never gone to a new restaurant before of anything from their marketing department.

So what ads annoy me? Couldn't tell you as I don't pay attention to them.

You unlocked the "tune it out" perk. I can't seem to unlock that one. I fall under the category of "hyper-observant." It sucks.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I totally forgot about that one. Spotify plays that one ALL the time. I think it's because my VPN is set up through NY, and the ads are based geographically.

We apparently have a high concentration of gayness in our respective areas.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I hate em all but the cars for kids one on Sirius makes me want to drive into a damn tree...and the life lock one

roadracer247

Established Member
All of the commercials about people who get out of paying back their debt for “pennies on the dollar”

TaraFirma

Established Member
Scott Elder Mitsubishi here in Austin. This ****ing guy is so annoying. He’s a dealer “for the people” always has some weak ass gimmick and his voice is so obnoxious. Definitely one of those guys you want to smack in the mouth if you ever see him in person.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Beano.

"Just one pill and there will beano more gas."

Get the **** out of here. That'll be the day when I take a pill to stop farting. I work hard to share my digestive tract gases with others be it through the ears or the nostrils. If you are a man and you take this you are not actually a man. You have a vagina.

That and any tampon commercial. What ****ing mother and daughter go out on a sailboat to debate whether plastic is better than cardboard for insertion. Get the **** back in the kitchen and smell my gas.

:)

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Beano.

"Just one pill and there will beano more gas."

Get the **** out of here. That'll be the day when I take a pill to stop farting. I work hard to share my digestive tract gases with others be it through the ears or the nostrils. If you are a man and you take this you are not actually a man. You have a vagina.

That and any tampon commercial. What ****ing mother and daughter go out on a sailboat to debate whether plastic is better than cardboard for insertion. Get the **** back in the kitchen and smell my gas.

:)
The Tob rant. I need to see this in person.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread