What advertisements drive you the most insane?

VenomVeins

Established Member
That iphone commercial where the insufferable fat bitch continuously laughs.

I seriously want to shotgun blast that ****ing bison in her face and watch the bacon grease splat from her Jabba the Hut ****ing head onto the wall behind her.

CV355

_
Established Member
Someone that works for Spotify must have read this thread. I'm getting 1 song per 3 ads now.

It's always the same 3.

State Farm Combine It
Panera Bread Breakfast Wake Up Call
Spotify "Pay us or deal with the ad wall"

I get it, businesses make money off ad revenue, and it's a "Free" service so I should just deal with it. But please, at least put some variety in the ads. I got one ad yesterday for music that was actually in the same genre I enjoy, and I checked it out, and was impressed. That's 1 out of like 1,000. Google Ad Sense was intended to tailor ads to interests, but all it turned into was a spy platform.

"What's that, you asked your wife to buy more toilet paper? HERE'S TOILET PAPER. LOOK AT ALL THE TOILET PAPER!!"

Then we look at marketing teams as a collective. I know this is going to piss someone off, but it's the truth. Most people in marketing were lib arts students who had different career aspirations and "fell" into marketing. Don't get me wrong, there are some very intelligent people in marketing and some of it takes some serious talent that I obviously don't have. But again, for every 1 creative and effective ad, we're stuck with the mental diarrhea of 1000 marketeers that just want to impress the Vogue-wannabe boss by coming up with the most inane garbage for shock or repetition value.

There's only so many times I can be blasting metal in the garage and suddenly the speakers start screaming "CHARMIN BOOTY SMILE"

Last edited:

ZEN357

Established Member
Internet: Things I have no use for in my life.

TV: Personal hygiene products whether it's male or female. Just don;t want to know or think about until I need to buy more at Walmart.

CV355

_
Established Member
It's why I use Netflix/Prime/SiriusXM/Spotify.

The no ad life.

I'm on the fence with Spotify premium. We already have Prime, which my wife loves. Netflix is collecting dust since everything on there is SJW crap these days, so I'm trying to convince her to drop Netflix and we pick up Spotify.

We had Sirius for a few months after we got the F150, but I only enjoyed 3 stations, and they had a very limited set list.

Spotify has really impressed it, if it wasn't for the ad-attacks every few minutes. I'm not a hipster but I do like some obscure stuff, and Spotify had ALL of it.

ssssnake

Established Member
I positively hate Wayfair ads. The music and singing drives me crazy. Thank God for the mute button. And, the rest of the commercials with singing women that get on your last nerve. Mute, mute, mute.

Users who are viewing this thread