What adjustable shocks and struts are u using??

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Tokico D specs here w/ FRPP springs. BRM control arms/mounts/relocation brackets/panhard. Love it! 20x11 w/ 305 tires have never rubbed once. Shocks struts are adjustable from a nice soft ride to pretty harsh.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Kelly

What about if I did strange single adjust upfront and Viking double adjust in the rear? Would that work? I ask because the tokico seem to be hard to find online and ain't cheap.....let me know I'm looking for best bang for buck. Riding around tonight high spread hitting bumps it's a little bouncy especially about back.

BMR Tech

Bone, that would be an awesome combo. I sell quite a few suspension set-ups with that exact combo, and people love it.

jenkins_1120

Established Member
Kelly

What about if I did strange single adjust upfront and Viking double adjust in the rear? Would that work? I ask because the tokico seem to be hard to find online and ain't cheap.....let me know I'm looking for best bang for buck. Riding around tonight high spread hitting bumps it's a little bouncy especially about back.

Give ground control a call they have been awesome to deal with.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
My viking shocks helped me get a 1.67 60' @ new england drag way on back to back runs on 20's ...highly impressed...can't wait to see how they do with some adjustable struts.

devilish64

Established Member
Can Anyone hook me up with a link to the Viking shocks?? I'd like to read up on them.. and see them with my eyeballs. Sound like a nice product I might be interested in trying

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Can Anyone hook me up with a link to the Viking shocks?? I'd like to read up on them.. and see them with my eyeballs. Sound like a nice product I might be interested in trying

Www.Uprproducts.com

Ill upload some pics later...they look really cool thru my M310 wheels too...very sexy looking shocks...you can adjust them easily with tires on as well.

Last edited:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
So I am close but still have a few questions. I'm going back and forth between the tokico d spec or a combo of strange front and Viking rear set up. I want double adjustable I think out back where I seem to get alot of bounce now and due to sitting pretty low up front I'd like to limit the rebound I believe. I have bmr shocks and will mainly be street use but wanted good handling. I don't want to be cheap but I can't afford a huge amount of money and probably would be a waste for a street car.

So on the rear double adjustable how easy is to do the adjustments with the wheels on the car and removing nothing to get to them in the Viking vs the tokico d spec?

Same with front in tokico d spec vs. strange?

Any other suggestions for a street car?

Side note....once BMR has the specific GT500 front springs ill be swapping m front springs.

The key for me is bang for buck, quality and ease of adjustability for a complete novice.

And if I do tokico d spec they appear to be on back order?

Thanks!

1320 Junkie

Established Member
So I am close but still have a few questions. I'm going back and forth between the tokico d spec or a combo of strange front and Viking rear set up. I want double adjustable I think out back where I seem to get alot of bounce now and due to sitting pretty low up front I'd like to limit the rebound I believe. I have bmr shocks and will mainly be street use but wanted good handling. I don't want to be cheap but I can't afford a huge amount of money and probably would be a waste for a street car.

So on the rear double adjustable how easy is to do the adjustments with the wheels on the car and removing nothing to get to them in the Viking vs the tokico d spec?

Same with front in tokico d spec vs. strange?

Any other suggestions for a street car?

Side note....once BMR has the specific GT500 front springs ill be swapping m front springs.

The key for me is bang for buck, quality and ease of adjustability for a complete novice.

And if I do tokico d spec they appear to be on back order?

Thanks!

Text me @ 203-545-3730 and I'll send pics of the Vikings on my car so u can see how awesome they look and how easy they are to adjust.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Post them pics man, I wanna see! D-specs are crazy easy to adjust, just open the trunk and turn. However, the ability to adjust both compression and rebound sure is appealing. I'll keep the D-specs up front and run the Vikings out back if they're easy to adjust.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
2013081895203709_zps4ae9b71d.jpg

2013081895203736_zpsf2fa5ca0.jpg

20130816_201400_zps7a0ea633.jpg

Last edited:

devilish64

Established Member
bringing this back.... I wound up purchasing these double adjustable Viking rear shocks as well. I'm trying to get a feel for what settings I like for the street. I'm finding it hard to dial in a setting that will ride comfortable(IE smooth ride, no bouncing), and at the same time plant the rear drag radials hard when I get on it. FOR ME when I find a comfortable street setting it seems to have the compression on the low side, which I don't think will be good for putting the power down. I turn the compression up and it gets rater "springy" in the back. Any insight on street/track shock setting?

Users who are viewing this thread