What adjustable shocks and struts are u using??

devilish64

Established Member
Are you running something different when you head to the strip? I think that's really close to what I found I like on the street as well. I'm gonna go check where I'm at. Thanks very much!! Chad

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Are you running something different when you head to the strip? I think that's really close to what I found I like on the street as well. I'm gonna go check where I'm at. Thanks very much!! Chad

3 compression 14 rebound on pass side / 3 compression 15 on driver side yielded best results.....hope that helps

Last edited:

devilish64

Established Member
3 compression 14 rebound on pass side / 3 compression 15 on driver side yielded best results.....hope that helps

Hell ya it helps!!:rockon: give me a more "educated" place to start adjusting from..... appreciate you sharing your experience with me sir! Have wonderful night:beer:

devilish64

Established Member

I will be heading to the drag strip for the first time in my car on Sunday for a test and tune event. Was always curious on the correct burnout procedure on the 315-35-20 NT-05R drag radials. I do not have a linelock but I assume I do not wanna burn these up at the starting line..... Just get a little heat in them? is a second gear burnout overkill? forgive my ignorance.... any insight is greatly appreciated! I wanna eventually be in the 10's on 20's club!:rockon:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I will be heading to the drag strip for the first time in my car on Sunday for a test and tune event. Was always curious on the correct burnout procedure on the 315-35-20 NT-05R drag radials. I do not have a linelock but I assume I do not wanna burn these up at the starting line..... Just get a little heat in them? is a second gear burnout overkill? forgive my ignorance.... any insight is greatly appreciated! I wanna eventually be in the 10's on 20's club!:rockon:

I ran 15psi. launched at 32-3300rpm and went 1.76 60' [email protected] with some advice from BLWN :rockon:
These tires worked REALLY well for me at the strip (luckily a great track and good prep) and I should have launched harder like 3500.
I did a second gear burnout until I saw decent smoke, but these seemed to need less heat that the 555Rs.
Good luck.
-J

devilish64

Established Member
I ran 15psi. launched at 32-3300rpm and went 1.76 60' [email protected] with some advice from BLWN :rockon:
These tires worked REALLY well for me at the strip (luckily a great track and good prep) and I should have launched harder like 3500.
I did a second gear burnout until I saw decent smoke, but these seemed to need less heat that the 555Rs.
Good luck.
-J

Well...... 10's on 20's is gonna be harder than I thought! much respect to those that have achieved it.... all I could muster from my lil TVS was a 1.89 60' with pretty good track prep. This was my first time out with this car so I was happy with the 11.58 @ 125. I need to work a bit on my drag racing skill because my .612 R/T killed me. I have to remember to stop leaving on the pretty GREEN light! this was with a 13' TVS, 2.8, 10%, Twin 65, stock exhaust, 17psi and 91 octane. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP GUYS!:beer:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Well...... 10's on 20's is gonna be harder than I thought! much respect to those that have achieved it.... all I could muster from my lil TVS was a 1.89 60' with pretty good track prep. This was my first time out with this car so I was happy with the 11.58 @ 125. I need to work a bit on my drag racing skill because my .612 R/T killed me. I have to remember to stop leaving on the pretty GREEN light! this was with a 13' TVS, 2.8, 10%, Twin 65, stock exhaust, 17psi and 91 octane. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP GUYS!:beer:

Reaction time doesn't count towards E.T. if you're just running for a time at test and tune or something. You could have sat at the lights for a minute and your E.T. would still be 11.58.

devilish64

Established Member
haha that makes much more sense.... so in something more like a bracket drag event.... THEN I'd be sleeping at the light? thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread