Were talkin Spoilers, Wings, Shopping Cart Handles…

What's your flavor?

• Factory wind carver

Votes: 67 58.8%
  • Aftermarket sail (Please post brand)

Votes: 16 14.0%
  • We don't need no stinkin wings

Votes: 31 27.2%

• Total voters

Sn8k Charmer

Established Member
Originally posted by shweggy 03snake
I got the 03 Saleen Wing installed by the dealer before being delivered. Looks much better than stock stub.

I wonder if, by chance, the Cobra R wing bolts in the same place as the stock spoiler holes.

juicedgt02

Established Member
i don't think so, as i am getting the R kit for my GT and it says the new spoiler will require some drilling.

bond99

Established Member
I'm goin w/a saleen 351 in the spring-the stock spoiler is o.k., but it leaks too much water after a wash

Wraith_Cobra

Established Member
I'd prefer to have ordered the spoiler delete option and add a nice aftermarket one, but since I opted for an Anniversary edition I'll leave the factory spoiler in place.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Back on February 7th of 2002 when I was ordering my car, had I know they planned on putting a chevy cavalier trunk lip on our cars I would have went "delete". I figured, "how bad can it look?"

:xpl:

I like the R wing and am planning on adding it and a front bumper/splitter combo. I figure the car has the power and style to pull it off. Probably a light bar too.

gandolf

Established Member
my 03 has a factory wing, but my 04 i ordered without. i think that it is a much cleaner look. the factory wing has an after thought look imho.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
I thought ford could have been a little more stylish like the saleen making more of a statment but not much like most manufactures allway keep to good looks.

The cobra is more of a sleeper but lots like that to.

I would have wanted more but since its not stock I really dont want to change it from stock. Just maybe they could have given it a little more to go with the oustanding motor.

Since I bought mine though I have to admit love the look of it stock now. My vote is Stock

slam

Established Member
I ordered mine without the wing and really like the look. I ordered without because I didn't like the factory spoiler. Turns out, I haven't really seen any wings/spoilers I really like. I like the 2000R, but I think on an otherwise stock appearing car it's a little much.

Thankfully, I think the wingless look is a great look, so I think I'll just keep it that way :)

Jason

badstang

Established Member
Originally posted by Chris C
im liking that saleen wing alot more now... I really didnt like the stock spoiler at first, but then it kinda grew on me. Its still a stub imo. The steeda wing look too much like the regular gt and V6 wings. I like the cobra R but its too flashy. Im surprised that no one mentioned the roush wings

I like the Roush wing, I wish I had a picture to post, 'cause i'm sure there is more than one.

-Mike

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
stock. I hate the fricken fact that I have a piece of the 2 sided tape visable.

IMO the 2000 R wing only belongs on the 2000 R. The Saleen 1 piece wing is ok, the 3 piece is nasty, and the steeda wing is alright, but I would never use it.

davidmax

Established Member
If anyone discovers a front splitter good to 200 mph I would be most greatful as I get squirley at 155.I would go for a 12" wing as well to stay glued,the only car I have with spoilers is my WRX and they have grown on me specially with the new Turbo and bullett proof drive train.
Peaceful Sunday to all,Dave Smilovic

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
I didn't like the stock spoiler when I first got it but I fell in love with it over time.

Steel City

Banned
Wings are for rice lovers! Seriously though I took the wing off my 03 GT, had some 315's out back and it looked tits! My wing will be coming off as soon as possible. My wing vibes and shakes like it going to pop off when Im going down the track, anyone else have this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread