Were talkin Spoilers, Wings, Shopping Cart Handles…

What's your flavor?

• Factory wind carver

Votes: 67 58.8%
  • Aftermarket sail (Please post brand)

Votes: 16 14.0%
  • We don't need no stinkin wings

Votes: 31 27.2%

• Total voters

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Whats your preference; do you like the factory stock wing, an aftermarket job or maybe no wing at all? Please provide your opinions and reasons.

I was driving back to work from lunch today and saw a Sonic Blue Cobra with aftermarket wing, lowering springs and loud exhaust. This got me thinking what everyones opinion is on the factory looks of our Cobras.

I prefer the factory look not to flame anyone who likes something more it's just not my peice of cake. I feel Ford did a good job at the subtle changes to distinguish it from other mustangs.

Sin

Established Member
I ordered mine and deleted the spoiler(went Bullitt style)...

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
If I was forced to get an aftermarket, I would probably go with the Saleen wing. Near stock with a lot more accent.

bossvt

Established Member
I greatly prefer the factory spoiler. Stealthy but very different.

hj16

Established Member
I prefer the NON spoiler look, but unfortunately I didn't order my Cobra so I'm stuck with the wedge.

Tin Knocker

Established Member
I like the non spoiler look also, but didn't order mine either.

redaddiction

Project Venom
Established Member
only reason i would get a wing that was aftermarket is if it provided down force on those high speed runs I believe the Cobra R wing does this doesn't it?

ltv1

Established Member
I heard... The Cobra wing is *too* good. Unless the rear is beefed up it provides enough downforce to smoosh the springs totally. The Steeda wing is adequate without excessive downforce. I looked into it when I toyed with the idea of making an "R" clone with a front splitter. I think I read it on here anyway. Now that I am over that, there is no reason for even the stock bump, much less a Steeda wing unless I run 175+ a lot, except to style.

KOTH

Hang loose - travel light
Established Member
Stock is my preference. Too bad that :cuss: tape keeps popping out from underneath.

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Deffinatly stock spoiler... Chin splitter would make it look nice up front though IMO. It would set off the stock spoiler really well I think.

Users who are viewing this thread