Were talkin Spoilers, Wings, Shopping Cart Handles…

What's your flavor?

• Factory wind carver

Votes: 67 58.8%
  • Aftermarket sail (Please post brand)

Votes: 16 14.0%
  • We don't need no stinkin wings

Votes: 31 27.2%

• Total voters

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
I like the stock looks, but I will eventually get a splitter and wing, as the car does not have enough downforce for extended high-speed runs. I just don't like limitations :)

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Spoilers only for me, not into wings myself.

Saleen S281. It's what the car should come with. Did spoiler delete cause IMHO the stocker looked like a generic aftermarket add-on - doesn't look like an integral part of the car to me. W/O the spoiler the car looked incomplete, to light in the arse, especially the vert, so S281 it is - looks like it's an extension of the body of the car to me.

Dr.C

Established Member
IMO, I agreee & dat saleen s281 spoiler looks good, almost stock. I like it.

slow lane

proud daddy
Established Member
The stock spoiler looks retarded.

I ordered with the spoiler delete with the intention of putting the Steeda wing on, but decided that I liked the truly stealth look of no wing at all.

slow lane

proud daddy
Established Member
That wing has yet to be bolted on.

I may get another rear deck lid to bolt it onto. That way when I'm doing 170 on my way into work, the rear end won't be floating around.

shweggy 03snake

Established Member
I got the 03 Saleen Wing installed by the dealer before being delivered. Looks much better than stock stub.

KOTH

Hang loose - travel light
Established Member
Originally posted by Sn8k Charmer
I love the Cobra R wing. I may rice mine with that. Is the stock wing bolted on?

Charmer,

There are are two bolts connecting the spoiler. The front edge of the spoiler is held down to the trunk lid with some kind of double-sided tape.

The double-sided tape shrinks or something and can portrude out from underneath the spoiler. Hence my complaint in my post above. The dealer cut it back once but now it is sticking out again.

Last edited:

TOC

Established Member
Order my 03 without the spoiler. This is the second Cobra I've had with out the rear spoiler. My Pacific Green 97 looked unique without the rear spoiler (got many comments on that car), and thus the reason for deleting it on the 03.

I personally prefer the understated looks of the cars without the spoiler.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
I LOVE the factory look. However if forced to replace, I would go 2000 Cobra R all the way! That is by far the only aftermarket spoiler I really like.

!!

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
The Mach One wing rocks. The Cobra wing, IMHO, does not. It looks like they decided to slap a spoiler on it and picked one out of the parts bin. In the four days I have had my spoiler delete Cobra, I have gotten at least a dozen comments complimenting the spoiler less look.

Chris C

Established Member
im liking that saleen wing alot more now... I really didnt like the stock spoiler at first, but then it kinda grew on me. Its still a stub imo. The steeda wing look too much like the regular gt and V6 wings. I like the cobra R but its too flashy. Im surprised that no one mentioned the roush wings

Users who are viewing this thread