Went to the dyno! Hellion twins inside

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
Yeah i believe my hellion kit came with these fittings for this same reason.

And like Steve said, it's nothing new. Hondas have been using restrictors on the feed lines for the same reason, the motor has a lot of oil pressure. You'll be alright.

Is the 1/9M to -4M STR Milled .042 jets the restrictors you are talking about?

OveRBoreD

Established Member
Is the 1/9M to -4M STR Milled .042 jets the restrictors you are talking about?

I believe thats the size of them. Mine are in the mail as we speak.

It's not just your car...they tuned mine and I have idle surge issues as well. It was worse from the previous tuner as it would stall coming to a stop, but it still hunts at idle. Chip wants me to bring the car back but they had the car a couple months so one would think that it would be better. Is there anyone that can tune these boosted cars to stock driveability?

Ill keep working with JMS to get it right. I have confidence in Montey. I do believe Shaun @ AED would provably have it locked down pretty well. I remember reading something recently with him working with TSS to get the paxton cars to perfect drivability w/ some off the wall tuning tricks. It may work for turbo cars as well.

CSG

Established Member
I have not driven mine since the original TSS tune. The original unfinished TSS tune would stall probably 20% of the time when coming to a stop if you did not blip the throttle. It was fine other than that. The second tune according to TSS was pretty good but still not as steady as Larry's On3. This last version has not yet been driven...

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
nice comparison! My car hooks pretty good in 2nd on the low boost. Sometimes I will get a quick spin but not by much.

D.T.R

Established Member
My tuner was also able to fix the irratic idle and stalling issue.
I do not believe it had anything to do with the BOVs... it's all in the tune.

OveRBoreD

Established Member
Nope wasn't the BOV. I had taken the springs out of them to make sure and it didn't change. I'm not sure exactly what he fixed in the tune but the o2 relocation helped and he did a lot of slope tuning with the injectors. Just took some finess and time.

D.T.R

Established Member
i didn't relocate my 02s at all. He was able to fix the tune. It is all in the tune.

burke985

Established Member
Nice numbers , your probably closer to 700whp than JMS Dyno reads , it reads low like a mustang dyno its an older model Dynojet ive had my car on their dyno before when it was NA and it read about the same as mustang dyno literally within a couple horespower. Be careful with that beast as i see your still on stock internets

ajpturbo

Established Member
i didn't relocate my 02s at all. He was able to fix the tune. It is all in the tune.

You can fix it in the tune.......But it's not just the tune...You can do certain things to FORCE the issue in the tune but if you have to resort to that then you can't say it's only tune related.

Glad you are enjoying the car now Overbored

I've said it before but when testing things out in the tune with less than perfect results. I loaded an earlier tune, THEN relocated my O2's and the problem was miraculously almost gone. I think it would be completely gone if I moved them up even further but don't want to risk burning them up, I'm not sure how close then can be from the turbos.

So to say it's only in the tune doesn't hold water....I did nothing to the tune and it was simply night and day better. I have data logs that demonstrate the clear difference

We could get the idle dip and stall to go away with tuning but we had to force the issue in an un natural way...We wanted to address the root of the problem and not bandaid a symptom...We were trying to not have the symptom at all

Last edited:

robbinthehood

Established Member
Installing a hellion single that is modified but o2 is still pre turbo. If I relocated the sensors how far down should I go? Don't want to burn them and don't want idle issues either. Going to a tuner aed recommended but know o2 pre turbo can be unreliable

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

ajpturbo

Established Member
Installing a hellion single that is modified but o2 is still pre turbo. If I relocated the sensors how far down should I go? Don't want to burn them and don't want idle issues either. Going to a tuner aed recommended but know o2 pre turbo can be unreliable

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

How is it modified? I would think pre turbo is better for a single turbo

Users who are viewing this thread