Went browsing on the Challenger forums...

98WhiteSteed

Established Member
Wow, I read that tuning on the '11 and up models is non-existent to this point due to Dodge not releasing some info of some sort regarding the ECU??? Man, that would suck to buy a performance car, and not even be able to do something as simple as a CAI and a tune. Dodge FTL. :lol:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
There is some stuff in the works... But yeah they have been screwed on tuning this far. Sucks on a modding standpoint but saves them money on warranty repairs I bet.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i agree, i think it would suck to know that you are at the limit and wouldn't be able to mod it for any more power

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
They are trying to push everything to their SRT brand for aftermarket/tuning.

From a business standpoint, it's a smart move. Bogus warranty claims can be a huge cost sink for a manufacturer. $500 here, $1000 there all add up, when the average corporate profit margin is less than 10%.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
We work with ShopHEMI.com a lot. There solution is to retrograde to 09 model year ECUs. It works, but is somewhat expensive.

Fuerza

Established Member
We work with ShopHEMI.com a lot. There solution is to retrograde to 09 model year ECUs. It works, but is somewhat expensive.

That must be an emission nightmare. I mean, old computer in a new car. I guess you could swap it back when the time comes but seriously that is a pain!

AAG

Established Member
I would do the same too if I owned a company and I had to provide a 5 year 100k powertrain warranty. Too many idiots improperly modify their car and want someone else to pay for their **** up.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Dodge does not let companies like Diablo/SCT gain access to their ECU's until a good number of years later. I think like 2009 was when Diablo was finally able to release a handheld tuner to the srt4 aftermarket, though that was after many a homebrew solution was offered. Unfortunately the domestic v8 end user tuning aftermarket is few and far between as it is so nobody is trying to crack the Challengers ECU at this point. Watch the Dart SRT4 will have some homebrew tuning program and cable a month after it hits lots. Alot of those dudes dont forum whore their shit though as dodge has gone after a few.

Dusten

Established Member
Dog$hit isn't bypassing the filter, technically. Since dogshit isn't filtered, anyway.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

it is an attempt to bypass it.

The tuning is no surprise, the last generation of dodges was initially untunable(or very tough, i can't remember) for a good while.
My buddy has a new 300c and his boss a new srt8 and he complains constantly about the lack of a tune.

On that note, do me a favor and find a tune for a new ecoboost F150 that has proven results(fastlane is liars and bullydog can't prove shit). its not just dodge doing it.

BO TY KLR

Established Member
Dodge does not let companies like Diablo/SCT gain access to their ECU's until a good number of years later. I think like 2009 was when Diablo was finally able to release a handheld tuner to the srt4 aftermarket, though that was after many a homebrew solution was offered. Unfortunately the domestic v8 end user tuning aftermarket is few and far between as it is so nobody is trying to crack the Challengers ECU at this point. Watch the Dart SRT4 will have some homebrew tuning program and cable a month after it hits lots. Alot of those dudes dont forum whore their shit though as dodge has gone after a few.

Exactly. Chrysler has been doing that for yrs. Dodge will one day learn that people that buy these cars want to modify. If they can't do simple mods without ungodly expense then they won't buy the car. Ford knows the cars will be modded and know that helps sales of the car.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
That must be an emission nightmare. I mean, old computer in a new car. I guess you could swap it back when the time comes but seriously that is a pain!

If your willing to do extensive mods like this my guess is that you're not too concerned about passing emissions testing.

Users who are viewing this thread