Went browsing on the Challenger forums...

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
it is an attempt to bypass it.

The tuning is no surprise, the last generation of dodges was initially untunable(or very tough, i can't remember) for a good while.
My buddy has a new 300c and his boss a new srt8 and he complains constantly about the lack of a tune.

On that note, do me a favor and find a tune for a new ecoboost F150 that has proven results(fastlane is liars and bullydog can't prove shit). its not just dodge doing it.

Whats the backstory behind this?

Is it because they cant get changes to stay locked in without the ecu recompensating back to stock? Or is the stock tune just that damn good that it can account/compensate for the current aftermarket modifications?

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
Kinda reminds me of apple in a way. I think this will become a new trend for more companies.

Dusten

Established Member
Whats the backstory behind this?

Is it because they cant get changes to stay locked in without the ecu recompensating back to stock? Or is the stock tune just that damn good that it can account/compensate for the current aftermarket modifications?

ecu compensation.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I am sure their legal dept has a lot of say in this matter. Both from an IP viewpoint, as well as liability.

It will only take one of these green states, or fed governing body to go after one of the OEM's or tuner's to change everything. I'm actually surprised it hasn't happened yet. They could easily make it 100% illegal to have anything other than the factory certified tune on a car. If they could prove that GM/FORD/whoever knowingly provides the coding to alter the tunes, watch how fast aftermarket tuning dries up.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I am sure their legal dept has a lot of say in this matter. Both from an IP viewpoint, as well as liability.

It will only take one of these green states, or fed governing body to go after one of the OEM's or tuner's to change everything. I'm actually surprised it hasn't happened yet. They could easily make it 100% illegal to have anything other than the factory certified tune on a car. If they could prove that GM/FORD/whoever knowingly provides the coding to alter the tunes, watch how fast aftermarket tuning dries up.

The EPA has taken notice of SCT in the diesel market.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
The EPA has taken notice of SCT in the diesel market.

I read about that. That only means the gas guys will only be next. Maybe not tomorrow, or next year, but it'll happen sooner or later.

I foresee a day when every single aftermarket component needing some sort of National CARB like certification to be sold. That could be relatively easily implemented.

Users who are viewing this thread