Well the 2015 Mustang is here!!

Voltwings

Established Member
After all these upgrades power is still rated at 420. Torque only gets a 6 ft. lb. increase over the previous generation. Perhaps the tune is leaving more on the table this time. In the next 6 months, this question will be answered.

Roll back to 4.6L 3V technology, requiring more "delete" parts when upping the power of the engine. Don't know how I feel about this.

The point was made in one of the other threads, that those charge motion plates could be there to tame the low speed and idle driveability with the larger camshafts and valves. Seems like an easy simple fix, and i imagine there will be a large amount of testing fairly quickly to determine if they become a restriction or not.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I think Ford did a great job on the new design. I really like the new look. Just not a fan of the IRS. But I bet a lot of corner carvers are.
I'll wait until the 2016 SVT model comes out before I jump on one.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
All the power numbers are preliminary minimums. You can take it to the bank that the final numbers will be much better.

Jbstang87

Established Member
It's Beautiful. I love the rear. Very porsche like. The front still has the fishy 13-14 gt look but its a stunner. 9.99/10. I was thinking of going a z06 for my next car or euro, but I think im dead set on the next boss/mach 1 or shelby.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
How bad will that suspension be for drag racing? With the extra(expected) hp of the 5.0, lighter(Expected) weight and new good looks, I'm thinking of trading my 11 for one... but I like to drag race.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I really like it and the motor seems to be stout. Stronger rods is what we all wanted on the coyote. Ford did us all a favor and made this one even more boost capable than the 2011-14 motors. I can't wait to see it on the road. I think I won't do anything else to my car because I really think that the s550 is going to be a monster once blowers are ready for them.

Last edited:

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Luckily I'm blessed to be in a spot where I can have a 15 and keep my 11. I personally really like the new car.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I'm guessing this car will have a bunch of wheel hop. Have fun dealing with all that.

If it does have an IRS, people will be bitching left and right about wheel hop

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Love how everyone conveniently forgets that the SRA in the current car wheel hops like a jackhammer. Lets get someone to test the car before we write it off. I realize the Terminators didn't buy any goodwill, but lets simmer down before we trash it. A well sorted IRS has no issues (ie Viper).

04nccobra

Established Member
After seeing this new mustang and reading about the drivetrain upgrades I am happy I got rid of my 12 5.0 when I did because I can see a drastic decrease in used car value for the 11/14s the moment this new beast hits the streets.

D.T.R

Established Member
After seeing this new mustang and reading about the drivetrain upgrades I am happy I got rid of my 12 5.0 when I did because I can see a drastic decrease in used car value for the 11/14s the moment this new beast hits the streets.

That's going to be with any car, unless you buy/own a car they are probably never going to make again?

NoVA_Mike

Established Member
That's going to be with any car, unless you buy/own a car they are probably never going to make again?

Yep. If you're buying a mass produced car as an investment you're wrong. If your car is your hobby (like it is for a lot of us here) buy it mod it and treat it like such. As long as it doesn't infringe on your ability to properly save for the future and take care of your current financial responsibilities... buy 'em, use 'em, keep 'em, sell 'em, break 'em, clean 'em, whatever... and don't give a damn about the in between, ESPECIALLY if it makes you happy.

The minute I buy a car and start talking about it like my retirement fund somebody punch me in the face.

macbar13

Established Member
I'll be in the classifieds waiting for the part outs to begin:)

lol. I am definitely buying the 2015 eventually.

I think the new car is awesome. The lines are fantastic. The wide rear end is aggressive. Also, it seems as though Ford has picked some fantastic looking stock wheels.

The only thing I would change is that I would probably paint the rear diffuser black instead of red.

I wonder if the steering wheel telescopes?

4VFTW

Established Member
pencil me in for a '17 the new motors will be available by then and the aftermarket/used parts market will be well established

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread