well, $4.00 per gallon is my limit

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
as much as i love driving my car, now i will be cuttin' it off. $60 fill ups are a little ridiculous and most definetly outta my range.

so there will be no more pleasure driving for me

i'll be walking to work each day, and pretty much only grocery gettin' in the terminator. she'll be seeing alot more of the inside of the dark garage now.

just figured i would share :beer:

i know there was a thread about this recently, but couldn't find it. anybody else changing their habits?

Ltd10th03cobra

3.4 Whipple Crusher 22psi
Established Member
If I could I would. This is the only car I have. It cost me $350 a month just for freaking gas. I wish I still had my motorcycle. Oil just hit $118 a barrel. I filled up the other day for $3.73 a gallon. Gssh!

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Doesn't really matter to me as it's only a weekend toy. I never fill my car up, I try to limit myself to $40 in gas a month. If I used that up, that's all I drive the car for that month. Gas going up just means I'm going to drive it a little less often.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I'll change my driving habits and style when it hits $8 or $9 a gallon. Until then it's not affecting my budget.

bit

Happiness is being blown!
Established Member
For now the Mustangs sit in the garage. I may drive them to work twice a month but that is it. At $6.00 I stop buying gas for my DD any I am riding my bike to work. My 20 minute drive will become a 1 hour bike ride.

cw1970

Established Member
I am fortunate enough that my Cobra is not my daily driver. I have a Mach that I drive daily, but it seems that my Cobra gets better mileage?:shrug:

Plus on top of that I only live 2.5 miles from work. My wife on the other hand has a Trailblazer and drives 60+ miles round trip in LA traffic :nonono:

Next year both my Cobra and Trailblazer will be paid off and I guess all that car payment money will go to gas!

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
I wish it only cost me $60 to fill up....I blow through a tank every week and half or so and it cost me $93.00 the other day @ 3.52/gal.......I have pretty much altered my driving to not driving unless absolutly have too! Sucks but need a truck for work and other activities.....

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
has been $4+ for a while here in Monterey. If it gets to be too much .. i will just have to cut down on my spending habits and use it for gas.. but until then.. pedal to the metal!

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
at 4$, i will call in everyday to work that i cant afford to drive there, and if everyone else did the samething, maybe crap would change and send a signal.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Be happy with $4 lol. I pay over $4.19 for diesel and over $80 to fill up every 4-5 days. It is all bull.

WVUAnt

Lets Go!!.....
Established Member
Jersey is in the $3.25 to $3.35 range. The F-150 gets terrible mileage. I used to drive between 75 and 80 to work and get 13.7mpg in mixed driving. I slowed down to 65 to 70 and now I'm at 14.9mpg in mixed driving and climbing. I'll just drive like an old lady. I may swap in some mileage gears temporarily in the Mustang.

Leeroy697

Established Member
I am lucky that both my stang and Lightning are just toys. I have a 99 GTP that I drive everyday and I spend about $50 in gas a week. The plus side is that my work pays for gas which is about $260 a month so I still come out ahead.

tjs98gt

Established Member
at 4$, i will call in everyday to work that i cant afford to drive there, and if everyone else did the samething, maybe crap would change and send a signal.

dont see how that would hurt many people but yourself and your coworkers

Users who are viewing this thread