Welder to install MM subframe connectors

03Slither

Established Member
o4nccobra said:
ktr, no mig? I find that hard to believe.
has anyone seen their shop?

Here is the email I received from them:

Mike,

Thank you for your interest in KTR Performance.
Unfortunately we do not have a nice Mig welder which would be required to do the subframe connectors.
We use a Tig welder for all our stainless piping, etc….
Thanks,
Scott Bertz

KTR Performance
978-772-9911

o4nccobra

another log on the fire
Established Member
they would rather not do it than do it wrong, i know that. My friend uses them to tune his sti and they are top notch.

03Slither

Established Member
o4nccobra said:
they would rather not do it than do it wrong, i know that. My friend uses them to tune his sti and they are top notch.

And I do appreciate there honesty.

ponynx

Established Member
we could do them as well, there is more welding with the mm bars and im sure we can meet your expectations . when we weld them in we use a weld through primer for corrosion protection and then either undercoat or paint depending on what you want.

www.protreeperformance.com

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
ponynx said:
we could do them as well, there is more welding with the mm bars and im sure we can meet your expectations . when we weld them in we use a weld through primer for corrosion protection and then either undercoat or paint depending on what you want.

www.protreeperformance.com

Dana,

How much to install an wideband A/F setup? I am looking @ the Innovative Motorsports model...

Thanks
David

chuckstang

Established Member
not to steal the thread but could some explain getting a chip and tune for me because a while back I had a chip installed for some $400 which basically just corrected my speedo for my gears and its running I guess a "generic" tune. Its from Dez in seekonk. He never mentioned anything about getting a custom tune, cause I think most people just do it for blown applications but I would think it would help a bolt on n/a cobra as well. Is it woth getting my chip reburned with a custom tune? I dont even know my a/f ratio
sorry to hijack and ramble

TEABG

Banned
03Slither said:
I am looking for an experienced quality welder to install MM subframe connectors on two Mustang Convertibles.
Thanks

MM SUCK, I just had them removed for the GLOBAL-WEST set. Night and day difference. It is quite an install though $$$ FYI. I threw my MM in the dumpster and another Cobra owner picked them up and will make the same mistake I did. GLOBAL-WEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smmon: :idea:

MM are not much different than the stock set-up. They might be ok for coupes but not for conv!

Global West

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
oh, first negative comment about MM I have ever heard, cause most people used kenny brown subframes but in reality they sucked and the mm were better
??

TEABG

Banned
chuckstang said:
oh, first negative comment about MM I have ever heard, cause most people used kenny brown subframes but in reality they sucked and the mm were better
??

MM

Global WEST THIS IS ONLY ONE SUBFRAME, what you see below is only one subframe. There are two of those per a kit.

Last edited:

03Slither

Established Member
TEABG said:
MM SUCK, I just had them removed for the GLOBAL-WEST set. Night and day difference. It is quite an install though $$$ FYI. I threw my MM in the dumpster and another Cobra owner picked them up and will make the same mistake I did. GLOBAL-WEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smmon: :idea:

MM are not much different than the stock set-up. They might be ok for coupes but not for conv!

Global West

I am assuming that you had the MM full length Subframe connectors installed?

I wonder if anyone else shares your opinion on the MM subframes?

TEABG

Banned
03Slither said:
I am assuming that you had the MM full length Subframe connectors installed?

I wonder if anyone else shares your opinion on the MM subframes?

I speak for all 2003-2004 vert owners on this. Yes I did have the full MM. $800.00 installed might give you the performance enhancement on the Global West set up and the labor charge.

Last edited:

ponynx

Established Member
dave, i can do it no problem, i just did one of the new dyno-jet widebands and liked that setup as well. ill pm you.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
For $450 bucks the Global Wests should be the best. The MM ones will suit me just fine

Users who are viewing this thread