Welder to install MM subframe connectors

03Slither

Established Member
Found Welder to install MM subframe connectors

I am looking for an experienced quality welder to install MM subframe connectors on two Mustang Convertibles.
Thanks

After talking to several installers a buddy and I had MM full length subframe connectors installed this Friday in a local welding shop. Talk about a quality welding job and they even followed MM installation instructions. Jerry, who owns the shop has been in business for over 50 years and has built his own tubular frame race cars. A fellow named Eddie (Boy can this guy weld) did the welding with Jerry over seeing the installations. Couldn’t have asked for a better job. If you are looking for a place to do you subframe installation you don’t have to look any further. Get this, he actually prefers you to be at the shop while they are doing the work, personally that’s huge for me.

Last edited:

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
Might be a little out of the way for you but Chicken's Customs in Worcester did a nice job on mine. I feel comfortable recommending them.

John

03Slither

Established Member
Thanks John, did you notice any improvement in handling?.........Any more recommendations?

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
03Slither said:
Thanks John, did you notice any improvement in handling?.........Any more recommendations?

Yes, it does help a lot, but it still won't be as good as having a roof on the car as far as the flexing and rattling goes. Don't get me wrong though it's really a plus on a convertible and does give the car a more secure feel as far as handling is concerned.

John

03Slither

Established Member
chuckstang said:
I may be wrong , but couldnt any ol performance shop do this for you?
like dezracing, mpe... ?

Probably…….but I am looking for recommendations from guys that have had them done. Did you or any of your friends have Dez install a set?
Unfortunately, there are good welders and than there are the hacks. I had a set installed on my previous mustang and they did a hack job.

Secesh

Established Member
03Slither said:
Probably…….but I am looking for recommendations from guys that have had them done. Did you or any of your friends have Dez install a set?
Unfortunately, there are good welders and than there are the hacks. I had a set installed on my previous mustang and they did a hack job.

If you don't get it done right there's going to be some pretty pissed people.

03Slither

Established Member
Fdawg97lx, Maybe we can get a group discount come this spring. That would give us three cars and I have another friend in the area that may be buying a Cobra shortly and he would also want subframes installed.

Thanks Jake, I will look into KTR performance.

John, I am hoping between the Steeda springs, IRS Sub frame Bushing upgrade, 14mm bolt upgrade, and MM sub frame connectors it will handle like my 03 Cobra Coup.

Tom, are you in on this if you get the car?

Secesh

Established Member
03Slither said:

Why Not. Looks like I'm headed down next weekend to take a look at the RedFire convertible.

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
03Slither said:
Fdawg97lx, Maybe we can get a group discount come this spring. That would give us three cars and I have another friend in the area that may be buying a Cobra shortly and he would also want subframes installed.

Thanks Jake, I will look into KTR performance.

John, I am hoping between the Steeda springs, IRS Sub frame Bushing upgrade, 14mm bolt upgrade, and MM sub frame connectors it will handle like my 03 Cobra Coup.

sounds good to me. keep me updated

03Slither

Established Member
Fdawg97lx said:
sounds good to me. keep me updated
Will do……. My Friend and I will be buying ours early next month. Looks good for a forth guy buying a set. We should be able to get some kind of discount with four of us.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Keep me updated as well

I have a set waiting for install. I have to get it done before march though. (moving)

03Slither

Established Member
Scott Bertz from KTR Performance was nice enough to get back to me and told me they don’t have a nice Mig welder. So I am working on some other leads.

Double“0”, We won’t be ready to have ours installed till about early April. You can always stay around here, moving is over-rated.

Matt I will be in-touch shortly.

Pale Snake

Established Member
03Slither said:
Scott Bertz from KTR Performance was nice enough to get back to me and told me they don’t have a nice Mig welder. So I am working on some other leads.

Double“0”, We won’t be ready to have ours installed till about early April. You can always stay around here, moving is over-rated.

Matt I will be in-touch shortly.

Mike,
FWIW Matt did the subs on my ride back in 03 no problems at all with them.

--John :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread